Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Rampage this week doesn't inspire me really. I will be watching and will likely have a good time though.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Stupid question - which is the youtube channel to watch the buy in live? Is it the official AEW channel or do they have another one for the live shows?

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Looking forward to tonight's show including the buy-in.

Punk and Sydal first wrestled each other in 2004 for IWA Midsouth, then again a year later. After both moved to WWE, they fought once on Monday Night Raw in 2010.

Fish vs. Moriarty and Danielson vs. Suzuki will lead into Danielson vs. Fish on Dynamite. Danielson vs. Fish also won't be a first-time match as they had one singles match in 2010 for EVOLVE that lasted 20 minutes. They also formed a brief tag team in Japan for NOAH that year.

Suzuki is heading to IMPACT so I imagine this will be his farewell to AEW.

Lee Moriarty has been one of the best indy wrestlers of late and was quietly signed by AEW. Unlike Garcia and Yuta, two other top indy talents, he hasn't appeared on Dynamite or Rampage yet. He has great ring skills but is also charismatic, so could have a pretty high ceiling in AEW.

As mentioned, Tay vs. Santana Garrett happened on the 11/6/19 edition of NXT and was the first match to beat AEW Dynamite in the ratings on a show that featured The OC (AJ, Gallows, Anderson) in the main event. Garrett has worked one match for AEW so far, a defeat to Diamante on Dark. She's held a boatload of titles in America and Japan.

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
Suzuki-gun USA should form and beatdown Danielson. Archer, Daniel Garcia and at at least one more AEW wrestler should be part of it (and/or get a perminent active member of Suzuki-gun to move State side).

What is the end game with ATT in AEW. A one off angle or will any of them stick around full time. Sounds like they're really building up Masvidal as the heater. I remember reading one time or another that JDS talked about wanting to do some pro wrestling, but not sure how committed he would be. His MMA career is surely over though. I wonder if Khan would roster him just to have him as the "legit" answer to Brock Lesnar on WWE roster. I mean a prime vs prime match-up the edge probably would have went to JDS. Also AEW was interested in Cain Velasquez before he went to WWE back a few years ago. Masvidal was backstage seemingly every time AEW has been in Miami. Jorge is 36yrs old, JDS is 37yrs old - both are ancient for the fight game. Gamebred has a UFC fight scheduled in December though, but probably heading for a loss with the match-up. And then there is Paige VanZant who is only 27yrs old but has been slumming in Bare Knuckle Boxing, her heart might not be in the legit fight game anymore but that's all she knows and wants to stay "celebrity" relevant. I assume WWE would be very interested in her as well. WWE would want an exclusive contract, but AEW would allow her more freedom to do other things, and still fight if she wanted to.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Suzuki-gun USA should form and beatdown Danielson. Archer, Daniel Garcia and at at least one more AEW wrestler should be part of it (and/or get a perminent active member of Suzuki-gun to move State side).

What is the end game with ATT in AEW. A one off angle or will any of them stick around full time. Sounds like they're really building up Masvidal as the heater. I remember reading one time or another that JDS talked about wanting to do some pro wrestling, but not sure how committed he would be. His MMA career is surely over though. I wonder if Khan would roster him just to have him as the "legit" answer to Brock Lesnar on WWE roster. I mean a prime vs prime match-up the edge probably would have went to JDS. Also AEW was interested in Cain Velasquez before he went to WWE back a few years ago. Masvidal was backstage seemingly every time AEW has been in Miami. Jorge is 36yrs old, JDS is 37yrs old - both are ancient for the fight game. Gamebred has a UFC fight scheduled in December though, but probably heading for a loss with the match-up. And then there is Paige VanZant who is only 27yrs old but has been slumming in Bare Knuckle Boxing, her heart might not be in the legit fight game anymore but that's all she knows and wants to stay "celebrity" relevant. I assume WWE would be very interested in her as well. WWE would want an exclusive contract, but AEW would allow her more freedom to do other things, and still fight if she wanted to.
I definitely think the short term goal of ATT is to bring in JDS, Masvidal and Van Zant. My guess is that the immediate goal is to get Masvidal into a 1v1 match at a PPV in 2022, after his fight in December. Personally, I would love to see him face Malakai Black, but more likely it will be against Hager (ugh). A trios with MoY isn't too bad, but I will have to wait and see tonight. One other option is to bring in Josh Barnett. Especially if that group goes after Mox at some point.

·
Registered
32,149 Posts
I definitely think the short term goal of ATT is to bring in JDS, Masvidal and Van Zant. My guess is that the immediate goal is to get Masvidal into a 1v1 match at a PPV in 2022, after his fight in December. Personally, I would love to see him face Malakai Black, but more likely it will be against Hager (ugh). A trios with MoY isn't too bad, but I will have to wait and see tonight. One other option is to bring in Josh Barnett. Especially if that group goes after Mox at some point.
There's next to 0 chance they get a match out of Masvidal. Dana is highly unlikely to sign off on it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
There's next to 0 chance they get a match out of Masvidal. Dana is highly unlikely to sign off on it.
I am not an MMA guy, so I could be wrong here, but I thought December was his last fight. His contract may extend beyond that though. JDS will probably get the 1v1 then.

·
Ho!
18,866 Posts
Looking forward to the show tonight.

·
Registered
14,841 Posts
Happy Suzuki v Danielson day everybody

not every day you get to see a snuff film live on youtube

1 - 20 of 304 Posts