I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
1. Alicia Fox beat Rosa Mendes. Boring. Alicia beat the newly blonde Rosa.
WWE Main Event:
Josh Matthews and Alex Riley came out for commentary.
1. 3MB defeated Tons of Funk (w/Cameron and Naomi) in a handicap match.]
2. Tamina Snuka defeated Aksana. A.J. Lee was not with Tamina, who dominated the match.
3. Big E Langston defeated Zack Ryder. It wasn't the expected squash match, as Ryder scored a few near falls before Langston put him away with his new finisher. There was a small Ryder chant during the match.
Michael Cole and JBL were introduced individually. JBL got some cheers, while Cole was booed mostly. A Raw recap of Big Show and Stephanie McMahon's segment and then of the main event.
Vickie Guerrero was introduced by Lilian Garcia. A recap of Vickie and Alberto Del Rio's kiss was shown followed by the John Cena announcement. Vickie called Big Show a deviant, saying he needed to be fired a long time ago. She said 12 hours later there was already a for sale sign in front of Big Show's house since he is unemployed.
Del Rio interrupted her and asked to get out of title match against John Cena. She said she would reconsider if he kisses her on lips. ADR kissed her on lips for a few seconds. She said now he needs to kiss her on (points to butt).
Damien Sandow interrupted and told Vickie that ADR thinks he can manipulate his way to defending title against Cena because ADR knows he will lose. Vickie made a match between Sandow and ADR. Del Rio hit Sandow with the mic and beat him down. Sandow got back up as ADR left. Sandow's music played...
Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel were shown walking backstage via the TitanTron...
1. Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) defeated R-Truth to retain the Intercontinental Title. There were a lot of R-Truth chants. A decent match that Axel won with his finisher.
2. Los Matadores beat Los Locales. One of the masked losing team was Ricardo Rodriguez under a mask. The dumb ass bull was with Los Matadores. They dominated the match and the bull did some moves on the losers afterward...
The HBK announcement from Raw was replayed, and it was announced that Goldust and Cody Rhodes would face The Wyatt Family later in the show...
3. Cameron, Naomi, and Brie Bella (w/Nikki Bella) beat Kaitlyn, Eva Marie, and Natalya. One of the Funkadactyls pinned Kaitlyn...
Renee Young interviewed Goldust and Cody Rhodes. Cody thanked the fans for their support at Battleground...
4. World Hvt. Champion Alberto Del Rio beat Damien Sandow. A USA chant broke out but it didn't seem like the crowd was behind either at the time. They eventually warmed up to Sandow and cheered for him as the match progressed. Del Rio won by submission with the Cross Arm Breaker.
5. The Great Khali and The Prime Time Players defeated 3MB. Clip of Titus talking about losing grandmother to breast cancer were shown before match. Khali pinned Heath Slater after a chop and then danced with the Players.
Goldust came down to his theme, then Cody entered to his. The Wyatt's intro played. Bray sat in a rocking chair and watched.
6. Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeated Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. The crowd was more into this match than any other. Cody pinned Harper with rollup off turnbuckles. There was a big pop for the Rhodes win. Wyatt's entered the ring and was angry.
Vickie Guerrero interrupted and announced a 20-man battle royal with winner of main event to face ADR in main event.
1. Bray Wyatt won a 20-man battle royal. The 20 participants were all on the card from earlier on Smackdown and the Main Event taping. The final four were the Wyatt's and Titus O'Neil. Eventually, Harper and Rowan left the ring, allowing Bray to win.
2. Bray Wyatt defeated World Hvt. Champion Alberto Del Rio via count out. Del Rio jumped out of the ring and ran from Harper and Rowan until he was counted out. The Wyatts beat ADR down in ring. Sandow came out wanting to cash in his Money in the Bank contract. The Wyatt's beat him down as well to prevent it. The crowd cheered Sandow in the ring after this. He held up the case and Lilian announced him as still MITB holder. I'm not sure if this night was designed as a face turn for Sandow or not, but the crowd was behind him. This concluded the taping.
LIVE NOTES FROM LAST NIGHT'S SMACKDOWN TAPING
By Michael Mouser on 2013-10-09 08:49:12
just got home from the Smackdown tapings in Columbus, Ohio. I just wanted to add a couple of things to your spoilers:
The Building was nowhere near a sellout. ALL of the upper deck was tarped off, half of the middle level, AND a section in the lower bowl. It was a little depressing.
The team that Los Matadors defeated was actually Ricardo Rodriguez and Tyson Kidd dressed up as luchadors.
Sandow was WAY over with this crowd. In competition for the biggest pop of the night. The match he and Del Rio had is really a must see. Those 2 worked their asses off.
After the dark main, Del Rio was laid out with Sister Abigail and then Sandow ran out to tease a cash in. He was laid out as well. Everyone Left except Sandow and the night ended with him getting a standing ovation as he made his way to the back.
1.) Cody Rhodes & Goldust
2.) Damien Sandow
2.) Del Rio
3.) Axel w/Heymen