Wrestling Forum banner

861 - 871 of 871 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
So they didn't address the HIAC disaster at all? :lmao those fucking motherfuckers. It's like they're trying their best to help AEW. If the wrestling fans can grow some balls AEW's next show can reach near 2 million viewers. This company just keeps impressing.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
I was bored with this week's RAW. Jesus christ. The only things I enjoyed were Rusev going off on Orton and King Corbin after seeing Lana getting blacked again. Also enjoyed that Kabuki Warriors/Charlynch tag team match. With BlissCross coming out to attack the Kabuki Warriors post match. So let me get this straight, Paige is no longer with the Kabuki Warriors? Are they heels now? I guess this pretty much solidifies BlissCross as faces now.

I still dont understand why Natalya and Lacey Evans are feuding. Why did they have a Last Women Standing match? Lastly, no one popped when Natalya won the match. Yikes. Hey look, two directionless guys in Richocet and Apollo Crews are in a match against each other. They are both bland too. Starting to become obvious when there is a non Title match set up, the Champion usually loses. In this case, the Viking Raiders defeated the Tag Team Champs in a non Title match to earn a Title opportunity soon. That "brawl" between Tyson Fury and Stroman was so protected. Fury was pulling his punches. Lol at Fury saying to Stroman that at least he has won World Titles unlike Stroman. Lastly, no sign of the Universal Champion or the Fiend. WWE must be embarrassed by that Hell in a Cell match.

Reactions: HankHill_85 and Ace

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Liked the Fury/Braun confrontation, the Last Woman Standing match and the Rusev segment. Rest of the show was meh. Several of the matches went too long, and on a 3 hour long show they did virtually nothing to further the Cain/Brock or Seth/Bray stuff.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I enjoyed that a lot more than I expected as I was dreading a whiny Rollins promo listing why he had to do whatever he did and fit in every catchphrase he can; but instead they chose to do all they could to ignore what happened on Sunday. I know WWE’s niche is to forget what happened the last week or night but it was very pointed, which I hope bodes well for Bray.

As the show seemed very by the numbers there were some things I noticed in particular that I was musing over. Pyro already gone, and the constant promotion of SD on Fox (emphasis on Fox) yet no mention of NXT on USA; WWE won’t care but surely USA do over the blatant snubs of them? And does it show they are giving up on NXT already as I expected them to at least be plugging it a little more to actual tell people it exists. The other was the commentary team, Vic and Dio came across much stronger when Lawler left to the ring for the closing segment and yes it will take time for them to gel, but I felt sorry for them flubbing the tons of lines thrown at them that Cole has made his own to go on autopilot reading through. Just let them be themselves and build a natural chemistry, it’s not hard. Dio in particular looks so out of depth as to me it seems like he is afraid to speak, so it makes me ponder what Vince is shouting in his ear.

·
Registered
302 Posts
So we've gone from "Vince was laughing at the fans booing HIAC" yesterday, to Raw not even wanting to address it in anyway.

Think it's safe to say Vince didn't find it funny, but rather - as usual - got his decision spectacularly wrong, and didn't realise until after the fact.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
If they were trying to recover from a negatively-received PPV this show utterly failed to do it.

They don't even mention the Universal Championship match, or if they do it's a barely passing remark mostly, and they end on Fury and Strowman tiredly swatting at each other while every other superstar desperately tries to make it look impressive.

Holy shit WWE.

Here's hoping the draft can get some fresh shit happening here.

60,001 Posts
I dvr'ed this and immediately deleted this piss poor effort of a show.

I also gleaned some more info on how this is now the B show. It was stated clearly on Smackdown that the WWE title is the premier championship in WWE, therefore the UC is the lesser title. Some big money from Fox and Vince turns all of WWE upside down.

861 - 871 of 871 Posts