Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i have just realized its been a year since i started watching WWE. I have never seen the Attitude Era, so what I thought I'd do is give you some of my opinions on the talent this year. Also I have a few questions to ask. Right, I'll get started by giving you my top 3 champions for each belt over the past year!

WWE champions:
1) John Cena
2) CM Punk
3) The Miz

World Heavyweight Champions:
1) Daniel Bryan
2) Christian
3) Mark Henry

U.S Champions:
1) Zack Ryder
2) Dolph Ziggler
3) Santino

Intercontinental Champions:
1) Cody Rhodes
2) Wade Barrett
3) Ezekiel Jackson

Tag Team Champions: Honestly? Who cares about that mess! Evan Bourne messed up any chance of a revival

Right Now for my fave 5 and the 5 I can't stand:

Fave 5: 1) John Cena
2) Daniel Bryan
3) CM Punk
4) Cody Rhodes
5) Zack Ryder

Cant Stand: 1) Randy orton
2) Jack Swagger
3) Lord Tensai
4) The Miz
5) David Otunga

Also, Im sort of new to this, and it sounds a bit stupid, but what does IWC stand for?
I really want some of you guys who have been watching for a long time, to compare your favorites to mine!

·
The legend never dies
4,358 Posts
i feel bad for this generation they don't get to witness the three greatest eras the golden era, the attitude era, and the ruthless agression era

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys, i have just realized its been a year since i started watching WWE. I have never seen the Attitude Era, so what I thought I'd do is give you some of my opinions on the talent this year. Also I have a few questions to ask. Right, I'll get started by giving you my top 3 champions for each belt over the past year!

WWE champions: 1) John Cena
2) CM Punk
3) The Miz
World Heavyweight Champions: 1) Daniel Bryan
2) Christian
3) Mark Henry
U.S Champions: 1) Zack Ryder
2) Dolph Ziggler
3) Santino
Intercontinental Champions: 1) Cody Rhodes
2) Wade Barrett
3) Ezekiel Jackson
Tag Team Champions: Honestly? Who cares about that mess! Evan Bourne messed up any chance of an arrival

Right Now for my fave 5 and the 5 I can't stand:
Fave 5: 1) John Cena Cant Stand: 1) Randy orton
2) Daniel Bryan 2) Jack Swagger
3) CM Punk 3) Lord Tensai
4) Cody Rhodes 4) The Miz
5) Zack Ryder 5) David Otunga

Also, Im sort of new to this, and it sounds a bit stupid, but what does IWC stand for?
I really want some of you guys who have been watching for a long time, to compare your favorites to mine!
IWC = Internet Wrestling Community. Basically people who read dirtsheets and/or posts on here, generally percieved to know more about wrestling as a whole than the casual.

And you're in the same boat as me - only been watching since late 2010, although i've been starting to watch full episodes from '97, watching the Attitude Era in full (slowly).

I agree with your Intercontinental and US championship list - WWE title, i'm not a fan of Cena, so I guess i'd run with Punk, Miz and ADR (although Cena and ADR are interchangeable as I don't like either of 'em). WHC title - Henry, Bryan and Orton (hated Christians reign - love the guy but his reign was shite..)

Overall, current fav 5: Punk, Ziggler, Kane, Rhodes and DBry.
worst 5: Cena, Miz, O'Tunga, Sheamus and ADR.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
IWC = Internet Wrestling Community

Ive been watching since 2000

My Top 3 WWE Champions:

1. Stone Cold
2. Kurt Angle
3. John Cena

(The Rock didnt really have long runs with the belt)

My Top 3 WHC:

1. Edge
2. Undertaker
3. HHH

My Fave 5 since 2000:

1. Christian
2. Undertaker
3. Stone Cold
4. Kurt Angle
5. The Rock

Fave 5 now:

1. Christian
2. Bryan
3. Punk
4. Jericho
5. Michael Cole

(theres a huge gap between 1 & 2, i care a little bit about 2 to 5)

5 i dont like currently:

1. Khali
2. Sheamus
3. Orton
4. Lord Tensai
5. Rhodes

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
If I was you, I'd try to not read ANYTHING about the wrestling's past and just download RAW and Smackdown from 96 onwards, you'll love it if you don't actually now whats going to happen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I was you, I'd try to not read ANYTHING about the wrestling's past and just download RAW and Smackdown from 96 onwards, you'll love it if you don't actually now whats going to happen.
Do you know where I could get some episodes for free? preferably for my phone, I just cant find whole episodes on Youtube

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pretty much what i'vedone. Think I know 3 results from 1997 to 2010 at the minute, and that's the ones that are costantly discussed on here (Rock/Austin, Rock/Hogan and obviously Taker's WM matches).
Started watching at KOTR '96 and currently at IYH: Ground Zero in September 97. Fun ride so far.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you know where I could get some episodes for free? preferably for my phone, I just cant find whole episodes on Youtube
Pirate Bay. User names WAZZ (I think) has full years of RAW from '96 onward. Just search raw 1996' . Take a whileto download due to low seeders but well worth it. Think I got it in around 10 hours. Pretty decentquality considering it was '96.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Tag Team Champions: Honestly? Who cares about that mess! Evan Bourne messed up any chance of a revival
You talk about it as if you know what tag teams used to be like... Are you sure you've only watched for a year?

Also, Bourne wasn't the saving grace. Primo and Epico are, the WWE just need to book it so. (Y)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pirate Bay. User names WAZZ (I think) has full years of RAW from '96 onward. Just search raw 1996' . Take a whileto download due to low seeders but well worth it. Think I got it in around 10 hours. Pretty decentquality considering it was '96.
what is the precise timescale for me to look at, basically I have quite a lot coming up so I wont have much spare time to watch 9 years worth! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You talk about it as if you know what tag teams used to be like... Are you sure you've only watched for a year?

Also, Bourne wasn't the saving grace. Primo and Epico are, the WWE just need to book it so. (Y)
I think some of the members of this forum might have influenced that decision! But I'm a big fan of Bourne, he shares my first name and I like his style! Primo and Epico have a lot of potential I agree, but they cant make a tag team division by themselves!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Be careful with that Pirate Bay shit of you try that. I don't know what your download speed is like, but if you get carried away with that shit, your parents will end up talking to unpleasant men in flashy suits at your front door. Use at your own risk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
what is the precise timescale for me to look at, basically I have quite a lot coming up so I wont have much spare time to watch 9 years worth! :D
Haha fair enough. Well Attitude Era was from (roughly) autumn of '97 through to the start of 2002. Many will tell ya they were the good days of wrestling. That's what i'm watching ATM :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Be careful with that Pirate Bay shit of you try that. I don't know what your download speed is like, but if you get carried away with that shit, your parents will end up talking to unpleasant men in flashy suits at your front door. Use at your own risk.
I think I might stick to trying to find classic matches on youtube, its just a shame that after you've watched part 1; part 2 isn't in the related videos so it takes half an hour to find!

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
I've been watching since 1988 (I was 5)

WWE champions:
1) Stone Cold Steve Austin
2) Macho Man Randy Savage
3) CM Punk

World Heavyweight Champions:
1) Triple H
2) Edge
3) The Undertaker

U.S Champions:
1) Chris Benoit
2) Lex Luger
3) Ricky Steamboat

Intercontinental Champions:
1) Mr Perfect
2) Rowdy Roddy Piper
3) Chris Jericho

Tag Team Champions:
1) The Road Warrior
2) The Steiner Brothers
3) Edge and Christian

*Edge is the only person I've allowed onto my list twice.

Fave five now:
1) CM Punk
2) Daniel Bryan
3) Dolph Ziggler
4) Cody Rhodes
5) Brock Lesnar

All Time Fave Five:
1) Stone Cold Steve Austin
2) Macho Man Randy Savage
3) Curt Hennig (Mr Perfect)
4) Triple H
5) CM Punk

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Just enjoy the current product.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
My Top 3 WWE Champions:

1. Stone Cold
2. Triple H
3. Edge

My Top 3 WHC:

1. Undertaker
2. Jericho
3. Christian

My Favorites since 1999:
HBK
Christian
Stone Cold
Edge
The Rock
Undertaker
Triple H
Benoit
Eddie
Fave now:
Christian
Bryan
Punk
Jericho
Lesnar

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Just enjoy the current product.
If you do enjoy the curernt product this would be my adivce to just enjoy the current product and don't get caught up in the trying to compare it to prior eras.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
i've been watching since the summer of 2008 so nearly four years now and i'm 18 my reason four catching on so late was because i'm from the UK and i didn't get sky until 2008 (need sky to watch wrestling in uk, or good internet), im a big fan of new generation era and Attitude era with HBK stone cold and bret being my favourties

1 - 20 of 30 Posts