Wrestling Forum banner

1/29 TNA results in London, U.K.

3196 31
Here is the report for the last show of the TNA Euro Tour:

TNA house show report
January 29, 2011
London, England
Report by Mohammad Z., PWTorch reader

I went to the Wembley Arena show today and it was a capacity crowd. It was jam-packed with just a few seats empty here and there at the back. Dixie Carter claimed it was the largest crowd in TNA history.

Jeremy Borash did his whole schtick with the backstage passes to get the crowd going.

(1) X Division champion Kazarian beat Shannon Moore and Chris Sabin in a three-way match to retain the X Division Title. Sabin was the crowd favorite, though they were chanting "Motor City" rather than Sabin. Kazarian was over as well. Even though Moore was playing a babyface, he was mostly booed. It was a so-and-so match and the wrestlers appeared to be just calling it in. Kazarian won with his reverse piledriver finisher.

(2) Matt Morgan & Mickie James & Angelina Love beat The Pope & Madison Rayne & Tara. Believe it or not, the crowd actually sang along to "Hardcore Country," which is strange because this is London and country music isn't that popular. Let me just state how over Morgan is as a babyface. Overall, this was a lousy match and most of the crowd seemed to be waiting for it to be over. There was one odd scene when Pope held Mickie James from behind and the crowd started screaming "Rape! Rape!"

(3) Jeff Jarrett beat Johnny Moss, a local independent wrestler. I think JB mispronounced Moss's name in the beginning. This was another very basic match with Jarrett winning with the guitar to the head, which received a huge pop even though Jarrett was booed throughout.

(4) TNA tag champions Beer Money (James Storm & Robert Roode) beat Brutus Magnus & a new partner to retain the TNA Tag Titles. Match of the night. Beer Money has got to be one of the most over acts in TNA right now. They received by far the most unanimous support throughout the night. Another amusing note - while walking to the tube station after the show, imagine a couple thousand people screaming "Beer" and almost every single person in the vicinity shouting back "Money." This continued all the way to the station.

(5) Rob Van Dam beat Matt Hardy. Matt Hardy was booed throughout his match against RVD, who was super over. RVD won with the Five-Star Frogsplash.

(6) Ric Flair beat Doug Williams via submission. JB introduced Douglas Williams as a future wrestling legend against a current legend, Ric Flair. Both men played babyfaces and both of them were cheered. Ric Flair won with the figure four leglock.

(7) TNA World Hvt. champion Mr. Anderson beat Jeff Hardy to retain the TNA World Title. Hardy was booed. London really seemed to dislike the Hardy Brothers. The crowd was clearly pro Anderson, who came out to a big pop. There were two kids behind me who were dressed in Hardy Boys gear, and seemed to be the only ones screaming "Let's Go Hardy." Anderson won, even after interference from Matt Hardy. Lot's of referee bumps in this one.

All in all, pretty good in comparison to a WWE house show, but not quite up to the standards they set in the previous year. I guess due to A.J. Styles, Angle, and Shelley missing, something had to give. On another note, the whole presentation was really nice. It looked even better than the Impact Zone, in my opinion.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Just got back from Wembley TNA Show.

Here's my report.

Okay, so me and my friend got there late, but once we got in there, it was a huge queue for the fan interaction, that took awhile. We got into the interaction finally and The Pope was the first guy we saw. Next Ric Flair, Grumpy Git. Beer MONEY! They were nice, didn't speak much. Then I met Matt Hardy. I'm a Hardy Mark, so... He shook my hand, thing is he put his left out and I couldn't free my right hand so it was a stupid shake with my left hand and his left hand. He signed my Hardy Show DVD he was like hey and I was like hey and he was like how are you and i was like good you? And then he was like we have a hardy show fan! Thank you sweetie. Hey Jeff look we have a hardy show fan". Jeff was tired, I didn't speak to him. Matt Morgan was last and he was nice and told me to have fun, I said thanks. We weren't allowed actual pictures with them but I got one of Jeff posing.

Onto the show. LOUD. Way better than when I went to WWE. Maybe it was because it was a house show. Anyways, I was somewhat close.

Matches:
Kazarian defeated Shannon Moore and Chris Sabin in a 3-way matchup. It was a pretty damn good match, most were tonight.

Madison, Tara & Pope were defeated by Mickie James, Angelina & Matt Morgan. Some cool spots with Morgan during the match. Wasn't into the match myself but there was a funny spot when Pope pulled Mickie into the corner by her pants.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Johnny Moss; Jarrett one with a guitar smash cheat, as expected by Jarett really. Johnny got a nice reaction and I feel he could be a star someday. Sidenote: Bits of the guitar were being handed out to the crowd members after this.

Mark Haskins & Magnus facing Beer Money; Was an average match. Crowd were way into Beer Money. Beer Money wins.

Matt Hardy vs. RVD: I managed to get up to the side ramp bit for this so I could get a hand tap, RVD's hand is way hard but it was cool to be able to get my hand touched by him. Nice match, Matt looks healthier nowadays. Also had some cool spots in it. Crowd were way into RVD.

Ric Flair vs. Doug Williams - Alright match. Flair did the bleeding stuff. You know. Flair wins via figure four.

Dixie Carter comes out and tells us how thankful she is and etc etc. Now for the MAINNNN EVENNNT OF THE EVENINNGGG.

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr.. Anderson; Really nice match and Jeff seemed less tired than when I saw him at fan interaction. Anderson won. Funny note: We chanted Kennedy as a joke when Anderson was doing his usual Mr. Anderson malarkey, he was just like "NO NO NO" and then the show ended with him saying thank you and thanks about it.
This one is from PWInsider.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
damn. not good news for people hoping Wolfe may return this Thursday, although i guess they wouldnt want to waste his debut on a house show.

i guess it is kinda good they used some local guy for Magnus' partner though, signaling Wolfe could be coming back since Magnus didnt receive a more permanent partner.

14,626 Posts
LOL Shannon Moore not getting cheered.
Another amusing note - while walking to the tube station after the show, imagine a couple thousand people screaming "Beer" and almost every single person in the vicinity shouting back "Money." This continued all the way to the station.
that's awesome

Also I have given up on Desmond Wolfe a long time ago. I think he may not ever come back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
the new partner was mark haskins who has been the tour, hes a smaller, x-dvisionish guy whose just done a tour of dragon gate, really great wrestler but it was abit weird making a smaller guy from the UK the heel, when he hasnt been seen by the whole audience before, though he would have been put in the x division match like the other nights, still it was more of an exhibition for beer money who as has been said, we insanely over

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think if I go next year I might have to go to London, I went to Manchester this year and the show was weak compared to last year, London card looks a lot better.

I was mostly disappointed with the lack of mic work and also some of the card was strange i.e Teaming Matt Morgan with Rob Terry even though they are supposedly enemies lol. Also Flair didn't wrestle which I'm gutted about (he managed Beer$), he got a big reaction with the crowd loudly chanting "We want flair" and didn't even get on the mic. We had a similar situation here with the tube station chants, the exit we went out of a lot of people were "Woooo"ing down the street lol.

Don't get me wrong it was still a decent show, just disappointing in some aspects.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
^I think they thought UK is going to cheer for their hometown guy. Too bad Rob Terry sucks and everyone hates him.
And I thought Flair was doing a "Are you what they call a wanker" promo in Manchester?

·
Registered
442 Posts
My voice is now officially dead. RIP 1988-2011.

Insane night, the crowd were on top form. Possibly the best crowd I've been a part of, even topping the Skydome 08 Tour and Cardiff 10 Tour.

Morgan was crazy over, which I loved as I feel Morgan can become a big time player for TNA and rightfully so.

Beer Money probably got the biggest reaction of the night, they were playing the face in their match, as was to be expected as they can never be booed at a TNA Live event, I had to pay alot of MONEY to get my BEER on but it was worth it :D

Throughout the entire event there was constantly Wooooooing, echoing throughout the arena, and outside before it started, loved that some of the Police on patrol outside even joined in with me :D Ric Flair was over like gravy on my Sunday Dinner right now. There were a few heckles from the usual sort who thought they got themselves over by shouting you've got moobs, I enjoyed how after they said that, some woman said so do you and they then decided not to shout that again :D

Not really a fan of RVD anymore after some of the comments he's been saying about TNA, but I was getting behind him tonight as you can't hate the fact he put more effort into last night show than he has done on iMPACT! for months. Hopefully he's started to change his attitude a little. But anyway he was crazy over, glad TNA pumped up his song full blast which got the crowd going even more.

WE ARE A$$HOLES, WE ARE A$$HOLES the British assholes showed our worth tonight, and Anderson loved it. His speech at the end was heartfelt and the crowd responded to it even more. I'm glad Jeff Hardy was booed last night, as I always enjoy it when a heel is doing that good of a job that even know most people in there liked Jeff Hardy the wrestler, they played their part in the show and booed the Antichrist :D

Match of the night for me was the X Division match, mainly because there was a kid sitting a few seats away from me that was constantly going 'Wow, did you see that dad', and saying that WWE never do that. Hopefully we've got a TNA fan for life now in that kid.

Loudest pop of the night goes to Beer Money, but the loudest chant has to go to my boy Morgan, it was simply deafening.

Funniest moment of the night is a toss up between the Anderson stuff at the end with JB, or the fact Jeff Hardy started to boogie on down in the ring for about 40 seconds after he threw Anderson to the outside. I truly hope someone recorded that as I didn't think to do so at the time, I got too into the event to take pics or vids.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I went to the Manchester show - my first live wrestling experience. I thought the crowd was very into it, Matt Morgan tweeted after the show saying that Manchester was the loudest on the whole tour. Biggest reactions were definately for Matt Morgan and Beer Money. I really enjoyed it but something really annoyed me, the fact that it was advertised that Pope was in the main event and he wasnt, he was in a tag team match with Jarrett against Morgan and Terry and also that Madison Rayne was scheduled to perform but she didnt at all! She performed at every other show on the Europeon tour apart from Manchester....typical!

On another note has anyone got any reports on the fan interaction from Manchester?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Sounds a good show. I was at Manchester and it was very enjoyable. Disappointed that Flair didn't wrestle but ah well, he is 61 after all so you can't really expect him to wrestle every night.

You mentioned that the crowd was very hot and it was the same on Friday. Everyone got good pops or good heat and it can make a big difference to the quality of the show.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.