Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Cody returns and speaks for the first time as a free agent.

Darby/Sting face The Acclaimed in something other than a rap battle. possible 2nd Stang appearance.

A mixed tag match with an alien and a sloth vs a dentist and her baby.

House of Black looks to commit ritual sacrifice of two varsity athletes. Julia might also show us that eye.

Deeb looks to break the bones of the youngest person to ever wrestle on Dynamite.

Punk looks to beat the Chairman of Bored. Wardlow may be at ring side waiting to power bomb Spears into the core of the earth.

MOX RETURNS!!!!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Have a feeling this show will draw really well. Cody, Orange, DMD, Cole, Darby, Sting, Punk storyline, Malaki storyline. This is almost like the who is who of the highest drawing acts in AEW. I´ll go bold and say, over 1.1 million average.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Really loaded show. Looking forward to it. It seems kind of odd that they announced Cody's appearance ahead of time, rather than keeping it a surprise (I assumed the talk of him being a "free agent" was part of an angle).

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
19,875 Posts
I'm liking the card for tomorrow night's show. Looks like a show I'd really enjoy.

Not as big of a Shawn Spears hater as much, I think his entrance is dope and his in-ring work ain't that bad either. The guy is not as offensive as people on here make him out to be. Like not at all. He should have a decent match with Punk. Punk wins and MJF cuts a promo afterwards maybe.

The mixed tag match should be entertaining. I like that they tied in the Cole/Britt relationship in kayfabe. Gives her something to do outside of the women's division and ,makes the Paragon/Best Friends feud a little more interesting. Also a big Statlander fan. I thought Statlander and Britt had a great match at All Out, the best of Britt's title reign, so hopefully they can re-create some of that here. Cole & Britt to win for sure.

The House of Black vs Varsity Blondes is what I'm looking forward to most. Julia may turn here or they can push it out a little more. PAC may also join which makes this all very intriguing. Easy win for King and Black. PAC, Black, & King as one unit is pretty OP. I'm guessing this main events with some kind of angle post match.

Sting & Darby vs The Acclaimed could be good. Sting hasn't disappointed in ring yet and all his matches in AEW have had the crowd hot. Another easy win here. Serena Deeb squashing Blue should be fun too. I'd like an in ring promo from Deeb after challenging Shida to a gimmick match to end their feud.

And I hope Cody no shows as part of an angle of him being a free agent. And hopefully the announcers play into it. If not, then hopefully he cuts a promo that plays into something bigger than just unifying the TNT title with Sammy. Because if he was scheduled to come back this soon, then there was no reason to have an interim TNT champion just for a Battle of the Belts special. If they needed another title match, they could have just went with a Tag title defense, so hopefully this is all a plan for a bigger angle.

·
Registered
29,056 Posts
To me this is one of those cards that I'm not really looking at and thinking "wow, those will be awesome matches". It's more like one of those cards where you wonder what kind of storyline advancement you'll get.

Punk vs. Spears will be fine. But really you're just waiting to see what happens with MJF and/or Wardlow.

Deeb vs. Blue will probably be a squash to put over Deeb as a dangerous competitor. Same with Brody & Black. Maybe this is where Julia turns to the dark side.

Sting & Darby vs. The Acclaimed, like Sting & Darby's feud against the Ass Club, is something to keep them busy until Darby's next big story. And really, we already see them kick The Acclaimed's ass last week so there's not much to this other than just seeing Sting wrestle again, which is nice.

Honestly the best match with the most moves will probably be the mixed tag. And with Cody I'm sure we'll get all the shenanigans. Maybe they'll even tease him no showing, playing into recent reports.

So yeah, I think people who watch AEW for banger matches will probably be out of luck with this one but hopefully the story development works. And please be better than what we got last week.

1 - 20 of 878 Posts