Wrestling Forum banner
741 - 747 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
There was a lot I liked about the show, but I'm still put off by the increasing sports entertainment creeping in. I understand why it's happening, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Most of the talent featured are folks I very much enjoy seeing, so that was nice. Jay Lethal and Lance Archer sightings even occurred - I was wondering when we were ever going to see them again. The Punk/Wardlow match was the most I've ever enjoyed Warlow and the first time I saw more potential in him than as a generic big (for AEW standards) man. Team Taz and The Acclaimed are getting some overdue time to shine right now and that's great. Bear Country should be on tv more as well.

MJF is the only person I don't mind having on a mic for extended periods. Unlike most wrestlers, he combines exaggerated delivery with a natural feel that's pure talent. He is just so good at what he does. Aside from MJF, other AEW regulars also seem to be developing more personality. I spotted Kip and his box in the crowd again. Layla and Serena both seem less generic good technical wrestlers these days (I'm loving Serena's viciousness). Hangman is becoming a great talker and his recent matches are getting him over as a strong in-ring performer deserving of the main title. PAC's new direction sounds intriguing. I'm less pleased with one of the other elements of building the House of Black faction, but if involvement with Malakai Black and Brody King can somehow develop everyone (or hell, anyone) from the Varsity Blondes trio into something less bland then I'll not complain too much.

Lastly, want to take a moment to acknowledge Matt Hardy. What? Why? Well, it seems Matt takes feedback seriously. There's been a lot of negativity around him and the HFO, especially online, and he's reacting to it in a constructive way rather than doubling down on this current path. He seems less forced and into character than before, just like he said he would be, and he's moving away from the HFO nonsense in a way. Veteran pro wrestlers of his stature don't often change, even when the act is stale, but he reinvents himself pretty often. So yeah, good on you, Matt!
(now have a chat with that paint-haired, fat head Jericho)
I'm definitely not seeing it with Matt. IMO that was the worst match Penta has had in AEW by a wide margin.

5,152 Posts
I'm definitely not seeing it with Matt. IMO that was the worst match Penta has had in AEW by a wide margin.
Oh, his actual wrestling isn't amazing - the moment when he bent forward and waited for Penta was ... special - but his attitude and the way he's delivering promos, his interactions with PP, that sort of thing is where I see some effort on his part to switch things up for the better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wardlow gets built up, only to then lose by a roll up. If WWE pulled this kind of move, they’d be an uproar. It’s just such a cheap move to add to a building story, when they could have done it a much better way.
The finish to Punk VS Wardlow is actually borrowed from the Diesel VS Bret Hart match at SS in 1995.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Average show for me.

Not gona lie havent enjoyed Dynamite since the shows they did in August-September

Its all over the place, disjointed and a mess.

Cant believe I am saying this but Raw is somewhat the most entertaining show atm which isnt saying much.

·
Banned
ALL ABOUT THE BOOM, BAY BAY!
90 Posts
I'm thinking that they go with Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker at Revolution. Its still almost 2 months away though, so I think Jamie Hayter gets a title shot at Britt first once they break up.
Can’t wait for it been a long time coming this match and Do u reckon hayter will turn face? Or tweener? She has really improved from when I’ve been to shows in the uk and put a lot of muscle on , so u reckon just like a filler before rebellion?

·
Banned
ALL ABOUT THE BOOM, BAY BAY!
90 Posts
Just got in from work , looking forward to the show! Not looking at comments. Posts my thoughts after.

741 - 747 of 747 Posts