Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Because neither Hobbs nor Martin are really in any different of a spot than they were 4 months ago and for a company that prides itself on not having rematches this is not one that is needed.

It would be incredibly ridiculous for Martin to go over Hobbs for a number of reasons

1.Hobbs has already put over Orange Cassidy twice and losing yet again would kill any chance of him being a serious threat (if that horse hasn’t already left the barn)

2. Powerhouse Hobbs is in the prime of his career and should be heading towards getting a push before the 20 year old Dante Martin.

oh and the fact that Martin weighs about as much as Hobbs right arm is probably the best of the reasons.
Martin could easily score a victory here by way of a failed Starks distraction. He does not need to go over 100% clean here. And that can help set up Starks VS Martin for the near future.

I think the size queen shtick is an archaic mindset that seems to ignore both wrestling history and combat sports history.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Another Brody tease. Black doesn't currently have a segment and neither do the Varsity Blondes. They did tease him being part of the tag division last week, but there isn't a segment with the tag division currently listed for the show.

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
18,068 Posts
Another Brody tease. Black doesn't currently have a segment and neither do the Varsity Blondes. They did tease him being part of the tag division last week, but there isn't a segment with the tag division currently listed for the show.

View attachment 115032
They have been some having unannounced segments lately, so hopefully Kings debut is one of them. Black really needs to get the House of Black going because I’d like to see him challenge Hangman at Revolution, so hopefully there are no mishaps this week if the plan is to have him make his first appearance.

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
I really don't like the idea of Malakai Black and Brody King losing to Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, so I hope that's not the plan

·
rasslin
9,619 Posts
Martin could easily score a victory here by way of a failed Starks distraction. He does not need to go over 100% clean here. And that can help set up Starks VS Martin for the near future.

I think the size queen shtick is an archaic mindset that seems to ignore both wrestling history and combat sports history.
Please point out the time in combat sports history that a 140 pound man in his 20s beat a 300 pound 30 year old.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,692 Posts
Please point out the time in combat sports history that an 140 pound man in his 20s beat a 300 pound 30 year old.
Whilst not the exact measurements.

Takase beating Yarbrough was quite something.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Please point out the time in combat sports history that a 140 pound man in his 20s beat a 300 pound 30 year old.
Hobbs isn't 3bills and Martin isn't 140 first of all.

And Royce Gracie easily comes to mind as having beaten bigger/heavier opponents like Kimo, Severn, Smith etc.

Also Dan Hendo beating a bigger and heavier Fedor is another.

·
rasslin
9,619 Posts
Hobbs isn't 3bills and Martin isn't 140 first of all.

And Royce Gracie easily comes to mind as having beaten bigger/heavier opponents like Kimo, Severn, Smith etc.

Also Dan Hendo beating a bigger and heavier Fedor is another.
So, in all of combat sports history. You have 3 examples from almost 30 years ago and another that is a difference of maybe 20 pounds.

None of these people were rookies beating an experienced heavier guy and all of these examples are incredibly rare and are noteworthy in history.

With that said, you think this is something AEW should give away on free tv for a cold match on the undercard? How does that make any sense? I'm fine with a smaller guy getting the win but if it happens every week then the big dude looks like shit. Hobbs has already lost twice to a small opponent and now you want him to lose a third time? If Fedor got dropped 3 times by someone the size of Dante, he'd call it a career.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So, in all of combat sports history. You have 3 examples from almost 30 years ago and another that is a difference of maybe 20 pounds.

None of these people were rookies beating an experienced heavier guy and all of these examples are incredibly rare and are noteworthy in history.

With that said, you think this is something AEW should give away on free tv for a cold match on the undercard? How does that make any sense? I'm fine with a smaller guy getting the win but if it happens every week then the big dude looks like shit. Hobbs has already lost twice to a small opponent and now you want him to lose a third time? If Fedor got dropped 3 times by someone the size of Dante, he'd call it a career.
There are more than 3, but I didn't need to provide every example. And pro wrestling has been doing David VS Goliath since forever and a day yet suddenly when AEW is doing it, it's a problem. Was never a problem for the IWC when Rey Mysterio was doing it though.

Also Martin isn't a rookie, he has been in AEW for like 15 months now.

·
Registered
28,142 Posts
Black's character, to me anyways, needs a lot of work before he's challenging for a World Title. Between the 50/50 success rate of him actually hitting someone with the mist and overuse of the lights out stuff with him, and honestly some of the stilly shtick with his current character, he just doesn't feel like a World Title Challenger at the moment.

I know people are saying Cole as a possible challenger for Revolution, and I like Cole. But I don't think Cole has been built up nearly enough to feel like a true main eventer in AEW either.

The feud I want to see, which probably can't happen now, is a heel Moxley vs. Hangman for the Title. With the idea that Mox is going to drag Hangman down to his world (Death Matches, Hardcore Matches, etc.) and see if he could hang. He say that Hangman proved himself as a wrestler against Bryan, but he doesn't believe that Hangman can get as violent as he can. That to me would be a great story and match.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Forget weight or size, Dante CAWtin shouldn't beat Hobbs because he's absolutely fucking awful and blander than a plain Jacob's cracker.

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
18,068 Posts
Black's character, to me anyways, needs a lot of work before he's challenging for a World Title. Between the 50/50 success rate of him actually hitting someone with the mist and overuse of the lights out stuff with him, and honestly some of the stilly shtick with his current character, he just doesn't feel like a World Title Challenger at the moment.

I know people are saying Cole as a possible challenger for Revolution, and I like Cole. But I don't think Cole has been built up nearly enough to feel like a true main eventer in AEW either.

The feud I want to see, which probably can't happen now, is a heel Moxley vs. Hangman for the Title. With the idea that Mox is going to drag Hangman down to his world (Death Matches, Hardcore Matches, etc.) and see if he could hang. He say that Hangman proved himself as a wrestler against Bryan, but he doesn't believe that Hangman can get as violent as he can. That to me would be a great story and match.
Hangman vs Moxley would be great, but I think Bryan needs a high profile match at Revolution which Moxley can give him. Unless they just want to add him to the Face of the Revolution ladder match, which I don't think really fits Bryan style. I guess it all depends on if Bryan goes back to being a babyface or not. If he does, then I can see him facing Adam Cole if they decide to go with Mox/Hangman.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Man hobbs is a star in the making along with Wardlow.

Really hope we see a push for Hobbs this year more so than green as guys like dante and boring ones like sammy.

TNT title for hobbs would be great late in 2022.

41 - 60 of 747 Posts