Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 747 Posts

·
Banned
ALL ABOUT THE BOOM, BAY BAY!
90 Posts
Damn Hobbs looks huge compared to when he first came to aew.

He's been working in the gym none stop his pecs are solid compared to the flabby ones he had one time lol

Good to see them get some air time. I sincerely am glad JR is back.

·
Banned
ALL ABOUT THE BOOM, BAY BAY!
90 Posts
Can't wait for Punk vs Wardlow, I hope something goes down with the Wardlow/MJF tension, but don't have Wardlow blow his gasket here. Not just yet.

And also loving this Shida/Deeb series. Deeb makes it 2-2 tomorrow hopefully. Their 2nd match is still the best in the series. If they have a 5th rubber match, Deeb should come out victorious.
Do u know as I've seen you're avatar that ur a huge Thunder fan like
I am when she and Britt will start there feud

Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looks like a very strong card. My guess is that Shawn Spears is going to inadvertently cost Wardlow the match. Not sure if we will get the full Wardlow turning on MJF yet, though. Maybe MJF comes to smooth things over to continue building the storyline.

Deeb vs Shida will probably be great again...kind of feels like it should be a stipulation match at this point, though. I'm guessing Deeb will win this one, and they'll set up a blow-off match for the next PPV.

Kind of hard to predict winner in Hobbs vs Dante. Both seem to be getting strong pushes. I think Dante has to win and that will set up a match for the FTW Title with Ricky Starks.

Sammy is obviously going to go over Daniel Garcia...who continues to job in basically every singles match he's involved with, unless it's on one of the YouTube shows.

Kind of interesting to see no tag matches after several multi-man heavy shows. Maybe TK got the hint on that and adjusted his booking a little bit.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I hope Garcia wins. Give him the belt.
It would be weird because Cody is just going to unify the belts anyway. No point in changing the interim strap. Plus, I don't think Daniel Garcia has any singles wins on TV, so he has no momentum

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,611 Posts
Sammy is obviously going to go over Daniel Garcia...who continues to job in basically every singles match he's involved with, unless it's on one of the YouTube shows.
Yeah, I don't like seeing Garcia lose either - but it's just the way they build their young guys.

They lose big matches, until they don't. Darby, Jungle Boy and Sammy have all gone through the same.

Guys that young don't need all the accolades and titles so soon, it should be a journey and a climb. The big spot on the cards is what matters, and Garcia gets a ton of those, that tells me all I need to know about how AEW sees him.

If it was just about putting a schmuck in the ring to do the job, there's a hundred guys on Dark for that. I'm very interested to see where Garcia and Moriarty are in the grand scheme of things a year from now.

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
18,051 Posts
Do u know as I've seen you're avatar that ur a huge Thunder fan like
I am when she and Britt will start there feud

Thanks.
I'm thinking that they go with Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker at Revolution. Its still almost 2 months away though, so I think Jamie Hayter gets a title shot at Britt first once they break up.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Punk is one of my favourites of all time and Wardlow is my favourite rising star in the business, so I'm excited to see what they do.

Just hope whatever it is, it massively protects Wardlow. He's starting to get over as a face already despite the fact he's still linked to a hated heel group and he can be a huge, huge star if they build him right.

·
22,611 Posts
Punk is one of my favourites of all time and Wardlow is my favourite rising star in the business, so I'm excited to see what they do.

Just hope whatever it is, it massively protects Wardlow. He's starting to get over as a face already despite the fact he's still linked to a hated heel group and he can be a huge, huge star if they build him right.
I hope they're given some time before the inevitable fuckery finish.

Will be nice to gauge Wardlows reaction against one of the most over wrestlers on the planet instead of jobbers.

I hope they tease a power bomb spot.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Here is what I assume will be the match order (bold segments are unannounced currently)

• CM Punk vs. Wardlow
  • Post match MJF/Punk promo
  • Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Dante Martin
  • Hangman segment (set up next feud)
  • Hikaru Shida vs. Serena Deeb (9 pm)
  • The Acclaimed debut a music video about Sting and Darby Allin
  • Promo (Possibly Jericho/Kingston)
  • Interim TNT Championship: Sammy Guevara (c) vs. Daniel Garcia

We probably also get one of two video packages for Miro or Malakai Black and something with the Elite. They may add a tag match to the 2nd hour since I don't have anything listed.

·
22,611 Posts
Here is what I assume will be the match order (bold segments are unannounced currently)

• CM Punk vs. Wardlow
  • Post match MJF/Punk promo
  • Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Dante Martin
  • Hangman segment (set up next feud)
  • Hikaru Shida vs. Serena Deeb (9 pm)
  • The Acclaimed debut a music video about Sting and Darby Allin
  • Promo (Possibly Jericho/Kingston)
  • Interim TNT Championship: Sammy Guevara (c) vs. Daniel Garcia

We probably also get one of two video packages for Miro or Malakai Black and something with the Elite. They may add a tag match to the 2nd hour since I don't have anything listed.
I believe the music video got moved to Rampage.

·
Baby It's Violence
9,015 Posts
I expect Wardlow to end up losing via MJF and get pissed to a point where he walks off, so we end up continuing his slow burn babyface turn. But I think they won't actually have him attack MJF or anything yet. Too soon to go that far.

Shida/Deeb should get more time this time around, and it'll probably benefit from it being the only more technical match on the card (it being after Bryan/Hangman hurt it a lot)

·
rasslin
9,574 Posts
Punk and Wardlow should be interesting.

Martin And Hobbs seems like an unnecessary rematch unless Martin goes over, which would be a complete ridiculous decision.

Everything else is a pass for me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Punk and Wardlow should be interesting.

Martin And Hobbs seems like an unnecessary rematch unless Martin goes over, which would be a complete ridiculous decision.

Everything else is a pass for me.
Team Taz has beef with Dante so how does a rematch (that first happened 4 months ago) feel unnecessary?

And how would it be ridiculous for Martin to go over? He lost the first match so it would make sense for him to get some retribution here.

·
22,611 Posts
I think Hobbs needs to go over.

He's alot more further along in the development line and a loss does absolutely nothing to Dante Martin.

Hobbs hasn't even won a match on Dynamite or Rampage since September 2021 when he last actually faced Martin.

·
rasslin
9,574 Posts
Team Taz has beef with Dante so how does a rematch (that first happened 4 months ago) feel unnecessary?

And how would it be ridiculous for Martin to go over? He lost the first match so it would make sense for him to get some retribution here.
Because neither Hobbs nor Martin are really in any different of a spot than they were 4 months ago and for a company that prides itself on not having rematches this is not one that is needed.

It would be incredibly ridiculous for Martin to go over Hobbs for a number of reasons

1.Hobbs has already put over Orange Cassidy twice and losing yet again would kill any chance of him being a serious threat (if that horse hasn’t already left the barn)

2. Powerhouse Hobbs is in the prime of his career and should be heading towards getting a push before the 20 year old Dante Martin.

oh and the fact that Martin weighs about as much as Hobbs right arm is probably the best of the reasons.

21 - 40 of 747 Posts