Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 332 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Smackdown sucked this week...especially after a hot RAW (usually an oxymoron, but not this week). Smackdown should have been just as big as RAW considering it was also in The Garden and the "go-home" show before a PPV. FOX probably dialed Vince and told him that cannot happen next month when it is time for their billion dollar investment to produce!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Wait why the fuck are the KOTR finals taken off the PPV?
There's already 11 matches, adding a 12th would just be unnecessary. They will get a longer match to showcase themselves in front of a bigger audience on Raw.

Seriously though, a C-level PPV being 4 hours is ridiculous.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
There's already 11 matches, adding a 12th would just be unnecessary. They will get a longer match to showcase themselves in front of a bigger audience on Raw.

Seriously though, a C-level PPV being 4 hours is ridiculous.
Seriously? What garbage is on here? Do the SDL champs have a match? I don't know who the champs are so I'm not sure. Remove Nakamura and Miz or one of the other matches nobody gives a shit about.

·
Banned
839 Posts
2009 Smackdown was actually very good the entire year(April-April) with Punk, Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Edge, Taker, Batista and Rey Mysterio in various feuds and JeriShow tearing it down as Unified Tag Champs... until 2010's draft lottery. In one of the weirdest twists, WWE had Edge, Jericho, Randy, Batista, Cena, and HHH all on Raw at the same time. Strange time for the WWE, since Batista, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker AND HHH would all either retire forever or cease to be full-time wrestlers all between 2010-2011.

Orton and Christian really carried Smackdown in 2011 though but everything else sucked.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Seriously? What garbage is on here? Do the SDL champs have a match? I don't know who the champs are so I'm not sure. Remove Nakamura and Miz or one of the other matches nobody gives a shit about.
It's Clash of the Champions isn't it, the gimmick is every belt has to be on the line, so we get matches with no heat like Miz/Nak, New Day/Revival, Bliss and Cross vs. Mandy and Sonya etc. This is the problem with the gimmick PPVs these days, shoehorning stipulations, it's pretty much every PPV these days, MITB, HIAC, TLC, Extreme Rules etc. The only gimmick shows should be Royal Rumble and Survivor Series imo.

I preferred the old days when they just named the B-PPVs after movies like Armageddon, Unforgiven, No Way Out etc.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
They are taking the name "Clash of Champions" WAY too literally. We do not need EVERY title defended. On no other PPV would this happen. We do not need Nakamura vs Miz, we do not need AJ Styles vs Cedric Alexander, we do not Alexa and Nikki vs Mandy and Sonya, we do not need the 2 male tag matches. We flat out don't need them. It goes back to the point of what I said before, the KOTR was not going to help the winner and in fact it would probably hurt them like it did the last 3 winners, and here it is, a pointless trinket on RAW. It wasn't even worthy of PPV. I count myself lucky Joe was eliminated, it's for the best.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
It's Clash of the Champions isn't it, the gimmick is every belt has to be on the line, so we get matches with no heat like Miz/Nak, New Day/Revival, Bliss and Cross vs. Mandy and Sonya etc. This is the problem with the gimmick PPVs these days, shoehorning stipulations, it's pretty much every PPV these days, MITB, HIAC, TLC, Extreme Rules etc. The only gimmick shows should be Royal Rumble and Survivor Series imo.

I preferred the old days when they just named the B-PPVs after movies like Armageddon, Unforgiven, No Way Out etc.
Ugh I agree with Tyrion saying we really don't need the women's tag match, Miz/Nakamura, AJ/Cedric...the KOTR match SHOULD be on here. I know it isn't a championship, but the person is winning "the title" of KOTR. Stupid decision and makes KOTR seem more worthless than we already know it is.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
They are taking the name "Clash of Champions" WAY too literally. We do not need EVERY title defended. On no other PPV would this happen. We do not need Nakamura vs Miz, we do not need AJ Styles vs Cedric Alexander, we do not Alexa and Nikki vs Mandy and Sonya, we do not need the 2 male tag matches. We flat out don't need them. It goes back to the point of what I said before, the KOTR was not going to help the winner and in fact it would probably hurt them like it did the last 3 winners, and here it is, a pointless trinket on RAW. It wasn't even worthy of PPV. I count myself lucky Joe was eliminated, it's for the best.
The original concept of Clash of the Champions wasn't even "every belt must be defended" it was a clash of the champions, they were fighting eachother.

clash of the champions actually happens at Survivor Series, which is stupid, but hey it's WWE.

EDIT - Ok, I'm actually wrong. Why did I think that? Meh, not editing it. WCW's clash of the champions was just as dumb as WWE's, but with way less matches at least.

·
Southern Pride
3,827 Posts
Skimmed through Smackdown this morning. Most of it is skippable.

KOTR finals should be on Clash of Champions. Isn't that more important than Reigns vs. Rowan?

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,433 Posts
Raw was the vastly superior show this week. 80% of Smackdown just felt phoned in.

Taker's appearance meant nothing. Austin interacted with a group of guys to both open and close Raw, yet they just booked Taker to say some generic crap about MSG and then chokeslam Zayn. Yawn.

You can't tell me they couldn't have booked Taker for a match. Even a tag match. Nakamura could've ran in and then Miz could've made the save, leading to a tag match between all four. All Taker would have to do was stand on the apron and then get the hot tag to hand out a chokeslam and Tombstone for the win. At least then they could've hyped it as "Taker returns to the ring at MSG!" or something.

Just a very half-assed show. Didn't look great heading into a PPV.

321 - 332 of 332 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.