Wrestling Forum banner

521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,215 Posts
Re: All that hype for the MSG show ?

So many wrongs.

1. The fucking what chant....the most annoying shit ever produced in wrestling, destroys segments.

2. Stone Cold stunning AJ Styles. Not believeable and incredible stupid move where Strauwman and Seth getting kicked, a 54-year old man did that, and it looked really bad and wasn't the best selling either.

3. Why the fuck ruin Cedrics win? Just right after the win Stone Colds music hits. Talk about stealing a moment, I laughed a bit because WWE fucked up on this one. I can only imagine if Cena/Reigns/Goldberg or whoever hit the music right after someones win, that would be a steal that the marks would complain about for years.
Because of their awful time management. They wanted to end the show with an Austin beer bath but only had like 90 seconds to pull it off. That's why Austin had to run out there and steal his moment. Who cares though, its Cedric fuckin Alexander.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

Some highlights.

Rey Mysterio vs Gran Metalik

Metalik got some well deserved in ring time vs one of the GOAT lucha stars and he shined big time. Hopefully he get's used more because he is fun to watch.

That's the only highlight rest of the show was garbage.

·
Team AEW
3,018 Posts

2. Stone Cold stunning AJ Styles. Not believeable and incredible stupid move where Strauwman and Seth getting kicked, a 54-year old man did that, and it looked really bad and wasn't the best selling either.
As much as I'd love to rag on AJ, that Stunner looked perfect. Maybe one the best of all time. Come on.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
If Christopher Daniels move is called the BME (Best Moonsault Ever), I think Charlotte needs to start calling hers the WME. That was awful :lol

In keeping with the rest of the show I guess.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Wow.. just wow. That has to be the absolute WORST world title feud heading into a PPV in the history of professional wrestling! Absolutely no story.. no build.. zero animosity.. shit reasoning for the feud to even begin with.

No wonder these clowns preferred Lesnar taking the title away from the scene for months, clearly these monkeys cant write a championship feud anymore to save their own asses.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
So this Rollins/Stroman has to be one of the weakest Title feuds in recent memory. There is no animosity between either guy. No legit heat for both guys to fight each other. RAW ended up with a 10 man tag team match because why? Cedric Alexander and Richocet have to be a Paul Heyman guy. Both guys have been getting a lot of screentime lately.

The only things I enjoyed from RAW were the four horsewoman tag team match although it had some botches. Charlotte's moonsault never hit Bayley. And sad that the Boss n Hug connection lost but it was still a nice match with everyone getting to look good. Also enjoyed the triple threat match with the predictable Corbin win. Let's face it fellas. Samoa Joe is with the company to make others look good. He doesn't have da look hence why he's always jobbing. And why someone like Baron Corbin is probably going to win this King of the Ring tournament. He was my main pick to win it. Everything else in the show was forgettable. Unless you want to count Enes Kanter winning the 24/7 Title for a few seconds. That made me laugh.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,196 Posts
i guess Corbin beats Gable in the finals.

and that 4HW match was LONG. overall the show felt just as boring as usual, apart from the triple threat.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I admit I fast forwarded a lot which made it more tolerable for me, but I’ve only just seen that Charlotte moonsault. Mistakes happen but gosh, that makes Lacey Evans looked prime.

They really need to stop trying to force Seth, surely Steve realises he shouldn’t have had the microphone in that opener. Just torture as soon as he opens his mouth and attempts humour, I think he’s genuinely worse than ‘Suffering Sucotash’ Reigns. AJ is hardly stellar, but at least he was there to save that mess. I guess at least SCSA looked like he enjoyed it and I didn’t have a problem with his stunning AJ as someone above did as that’s the point of him being on.

I feel sorry for Gran Metalik, not that his match was a clinic or anything but he put in a really good showing (I don’t watch 205 often so he may have had better on there) and probably his best since coming to WWE and the crowd couldn’t give a toss. I know that’s on him and Rey to win the crowd over, but just a waste. A shame as he could be much more.

I loved Corbin winning and makes sense with Gable. The Funhouse was fine, I like how it is linked to what is actually happening rather than being stockpiled weeks in the advance then just flitted in and out. And yeah, pretty average otherwise for a hyped up MSG show. But it seems they went with a tribute to Austin and he had his show on after so not really too big of a loss, just skip it if you haven’t bothered, hence the posts on here.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts

How can people enjoy these matches? Fair enough if it's a rare occurrence, but this seems to happen quite often.

These matches are disjointed, slow and incredibly sloppy. This isn't changing until they start signing women with strong athletic backgrounds, until then please give this crap a rest.

This division would be better if they had more rounded wrestlers like Io and Asuka. I don't know what it is but the Japanese girls are clearly smoother. Maybe the training in Japan is much better, or maybe they're more talented. It's probably a bit of both.
whats been annoying is most girls trying to work like they're Ospreay or prime Rey Mysterio. you are not athletically enough to do most of their moves, usually it looks incredibly sloppy and choreographed. same goes AEW girls btw

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
As much as I dislike Charlie that slide was on the ref, he had to have seen that she was going blindly, yet he didn't bother to signal to her not to do it, whoever wasn't in place. Matter of fact, it looked like he told her to go.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,787 Posts
What a sad sight it was seeing Stone Cold share the ring and drink beers with a bunch of Geeks.

·
Baby Yoda
30,043 Posts
What a sad sight it was seeing Stone Cold share the ring and drink beers with a bunch of Geeks.
You were going on about AJ being a golden boy who never puts anyone over, he's been getting his ass beat weekly as a heel and has put over Kofi, Ricochet and Cedric CLEAN.

OC is right on par with league of nations, think LON actually had more wins before they got geeked out. All OC do is put the faces over. The company just books their heels as jokes.

·
15,787 Posts
You were going on about AJ being a golden boy who never puts anyone over, he's been getting his ass beat weekly as a heel and has put over Kofi, Ricochet and Cedric CLEAN.

OC is right on par with league of nations, think LON actually had more wins before they got geeked out. All OC do is put the faces over. The company just books their heels as jokes.
I dont get what you're saying here.

I just found it really pathetic that WWE was trying to have Austin put over a bunch of geeks like Cedric, Rollins, etc.

·
Baby Yoda
30,043 Posts
I dont get what you're saying here.

I just found it really pathetic that WWE was trying to have Austin put over a bunch of geeks like Cedric, Rollins, etc.
It had nothing to do with your comment, it was on your posts about Miz getting buried and the golden boys never losing. Look at how badly AJ has been booked since he turned, he can't even beat geeks he would have stomped as babyface.

·
15,787 Posts
It had nothing to do with your comment, it was on your posts about Miz getting buried and the golden boys never losing. Look at how badly AJ has been booked since he turned, he can't even beat geeks he would have stomped as babyface.
Well, yeah WWE's heels are all geeks. The KOTR is building Corbin back up but not that long ago he was stomped by Rollins for the 100th time. I dont know why WWE doesn't understand you need to make heels look like a threat. Why do they continually just have the babyfaces smash through the heels constantly?

Though I'd gladly see Miz in AJ's spot as opposed to whatever the hell irrelevant bottom of the barrel spot Miz is currently in.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
-Not sure what the "logic" of having Sasha and Bayley lose their first match back together to two women who can barely stand each other? Nevertheless, the match itself was really good.

-Corbin winning KOTR would be really dumb, but I fear that that's where this is heading.

-Surprised no Austin/The Fiend confrontation.

-Good Lucha stuff.

Good show overall.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
12,408 Posts
Definitely a great show, It was good booking for sure. Rey/Matalik was awesome, hope to see Rey vs Kalistio next week.

521 - 540 of 563 Posts