21 - 40 of 563 Posts

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
876 Posts
You have some awesome matchups that hopefully will deliver in the ring.

AJ Styles vs Cedrick Alexander

Rey Mysterio vs Gran Metalik

Plus you got the 4 horsewomen in a tag match.

And Austin is on the show for the contract signing.

I think I will just watch Raw and Smackdown from MSG and skip Clash of Champions.
AJ Styles vs Cedrick Alexander
Rey Mysterio vs Gran Metalik

Are good Television matches nothing more

Only the horsewomen Tag Team Match And the Stone Cold contract signings feel like big deals and a lot of people are hoping the Fiend attacks Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Compare that to Clash of Championships were you have
WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs Braun Strowman a Match where you expect a heel turn for one of them.

WWE Champion Kofi Kingston vs Randy Orton personal storyline they have been telling and a more aggressive side of Kofi Kingston.

WWE Raw Woman’s Champion Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks

WWE Smackdown Woman’s Champion Bayley vs Charlotte Flair

Two good women’s matches

King Of The Ring Tournament Finals

Clash of champions still feels bigger.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
Re: Raw from MSG seems like a bigger show than Clash of Champions

the first fox smackdown will be a similar thing i guess, going as all out as they can for a sort of "free ppv".

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Re: Raw from MSG seems like a bigger show than Clash of Champions

Cedric Alexander is big time now? Shit I missed that memo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FOTC
10,720 Posts
With all due respect to the horsewomen, if Steve Austin aint enough to move tickets, then neither are the horsewomen.
I agree. They're aren't big enough stars to increase ticket sales of a show. This move reeks of desperation on WWE's part. It will look pathetic if the top deck of a MSG show is tarped off.

·
Asuka
96,548 Posts
On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said that McMahon held a special meeting for the WWE writers on Friday. He told all the writers to be more creative and think of as many creative ideas as possible for next week’s shows.

“I’ve been told they’ve been doing a Raw creative meeting all day and Vince is on everybody to be creative.”
:heston

"BE CREATIVE, YOU USELESS ASSHOLES!"

"WHAT? ASUKA ON TELEVISION? SAMOA JOE OVER BARON CORBIN AND RICOCHET? MORE FIREFLY FUNHOUSE SEGMENTS? NOT THAT CREATIVE, PAL!" *tears up script*

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,937 Posts
They're already doing the 4HW tag match? Are they being serious right now? :kobefacepalm

This is desperate as fuck. Where's the build? This is a SSeries main event worthy match. What are they gonna book the Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch HIAC match for next weeks RAW main event next and say fuck the HIAC PPV? Are they gonna just give Bray the title on hour 2 of RAW after a Lucha House Party match to try and get a ratings pop? Tell a fuckin story before you throw away matches like this. This is so damn rushed, FFS give the feud a couple minutes to breathe before blowing your load.

Are Becky and Charlotte gonna be booked to "get along" all of a sudden in an effort to get Charlotte cheered in her feud with Bayley? Sounds like hot garbage to me and a retcon of Becky/Charlotte's history.

If this is happening now, I guess this opens up the possibility of a Fatal 4 Way Winner Take All Match at SSeries. Who cares if it makes sense. It's not like WWE gives a shit anyway.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I hope Braun Powerslams Austin, that guy gets on my nerves.

Other then that, I'm looking forward to Corbin pinning Joe.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
i don't see how the 4hw match could end other than a big brawl & DQ, or a falling-out between charlotte&becky causing them to lose. if charlotte and becky win clean, sasha looks like a chump heading into her first ppv in months. if sasha and bayley win clean, becky has been beaten up for almost every show in the last month and looks like a chump as well.

Reactions: prosperwithdeen

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Ideally the Horsewomen tag match ends quickly via some shenanigans, or just descends into chaos. Typical WWE to just throw that match away on a random Raw rather than building to it and putting it on PPV.
Ironic that despite Eric Bischoff being in the company, he had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
i don't see how the 4hw match could end other than a big brawl & DQ, or a falling-out between charlotte&becky causing them to lose. if charlotte and becky win clean, sasha looks like a chump heading into her first ppv in months. if sasha and bayley win clean, becky has been beaten up for almost every show in the last month and looks like a chump as well.
Prediction after having to put up with 2 hours of hearing how these two don't trust each other, they fight, we get a dq, Becky and Charlotte fight them off and stand tall as Sasha and Bayley retreat. They are that lazy with this booking.

Leave it to WWE to book something major happening for the first time ever on free tv.

21 - 40 of 563 Posts