Wrestling Forum banner

741 - 760 of 783 Posts

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Show Review:

*The Dolph vs. Roman opener was fun. Dolph's promo talking about all the stuff that happened to him while downplaying Roman almost dying to get him heat made me laugh. And the match had a good flow. But, even with the advantages Dolph got, it's hard to believe a week after getting squashed by Goldberg, I should take Dolph seriously in a long match with Roman.

*Becky's promo was great. She played up on everything people are talking about. Sasha left for 4 months, did nothing in the ring, but now is hotter than ever, partly thanks to Becky. And Becky, the thing that can make this feud so great is that Becky became everything fans thought Sasha would be. She became everything Sasha wanted it to be. And something like that, if done right, can really light a fire under Sasha. I hope they tell that story.

*I'm glad the King's Court segment was used for Bray as opposed to Sasha. And King being smart enough to at least try to get out of the ring when the lights went down made me laugh. And for Bray it was fine for another "beat up the HOF" segment. I just wonder what he does now. And honestly I don't have a good guess.

*I made the joke that the KOTR tournament was WWE's answer to the G1 Climax in NJPW. And to go along with that they have the preview tag matches, lol. This means we need more Yano. All in all a solid match. I anxiously look forward to Gable & Apollo vs. Andrade & Benjamin.

*The Braun vs. AJ match went exactly as I thought it was. Though I did see some spots in there would make me love a real match between the 2. And ain't no better Rollins than Skinny Jeans Rollins saving the day.

*Joe vs. Cesaro was a fun hoss fight. Cesaro set the tone immediately with that Running Uppercut right as the bell rung. Overall a fun match.

*The Rey stuff is weird, though Rey delivered his part very well. His son.....not so much. Not sure what to expect from this, but I'll roll with it for now.

*Please put Orton together with The Revival. They seemed to be acting like a real stable tonight and they looked like they were having fun. The beatdown with the Revival jumping on Xavier's knee while Orton made Kofi watch was great.

*I'm still waiting to see on the Sasha Banks stuff. On one hand they didn't go too far too soon. But, on the other when they drag things out they have more of a chance to go wrong.

I did laugh when Cole said "Sasha, no one is talking about your hair." Bullshit. If you saw Social Media as much as you shill it, you know you're wrong. And I did like how vain she was to talk about her hair as opposed to giving a real answer. And I liked how they gave her something else to do later by attacking Nattie. But the whole line of "see your dad in hell".......I don't know. Got to close to Randy saying Eddie's in Hell.

*So now Alexa/Nikki have pretty much beaten the 3 top teams (aka the only teams) in the tag division in 2 weeks. So yeah. I mean I'm glad they're on TV. But it seems like they just ran through all their options.

*Alexander and Zayn had a fine match that while not a full squash, was meant to be a statement win for Alexander. Zayn has absolutely no momentum right now, which is a shame.

*Rollins and Strowman winning the Tag Titles was a surprise. Makes me wonder if they'll take this all the way to COC and they have to pull double duty.

All in all, it was show that the 1st half blew by and then slowed down a lot. Overall a fun show, but once again the 3 hours just hurts the momentum of a show.

·
seth will never be cool!
1,009 Posts
They are def. trying to make the fans hate rollins. This is his third time being a double champion, all stat padder reigns that amount to nothing. Since last November he may be the most overpushed wrestler in wwe history. And he still can't get the crowd to blow the roof off of the building. He is the epitome of Monday Night Meh. :Cocky

Braun def needed another pointless reign like the one he had with nicholaus. :eyeroll.

So lame.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
3,517 Posts
If Hunter and heyman done tonight's show can they fcking keep Vince in a retirement home and somehow get him to look after his grandkids or whatever , best show by a long stretch except the fcking ending Seth in hunters favorite so that's why he's get pushed to the moon , fcking hope Braun gives him those huge hands .

Best show of the year by a long stretch .

Peace.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Show Review:

*I made the joke that the KOTR tournament was WWE's answer to the G1 Climax in NJPW. And to go along with that they have the preview tag matches, lol. This means we need more Yano. All in all a solid match. I anxiously look forward to Gable & Apollo vs. Andrade & Benjamin.

*The Rey stuff is weird, though Rey delivered his part very well. His son.....not so much. Not sure what to expect from this, but I'll roll with it for now.

Maybe you can make the joke/observation that Jushin Liger is retiring at Wrestle Kingdom this year, so therefore WWE is again copying by having Rey retire at WM.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,910 Posts
Anderson and Gallows are morons for re-signing.

They were better off collecting checks than going on TV and getting humiliated like jobbers each week.

Being paid to sit at home would have been better than this.
Did you jack my sig for your av!!!

·
Baby Yoda
30,040 Posts
Did you jack my sig for your av!!!
Sorry man, I saw it on Reddit and only saw yours after I set it. It took 15 mins getting the right border, don't want to change now after putting that much time into it. Will be changed in a few days.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,910 Posts
Sorry man, I saw it on Reddit and only saw yours after I set it. It took 15 mins getting the right border, don't want to change now after putting that much time into it. Will be changed in a few days.
Lmao no keep it. I want to remember it as long as possible before Naito gets his W back :(

·
Baby Yoda
30,040 Posts
Ace getting his AJ loving in lol
Anderson and Gallows are ex BC and are a part of The OC, of course I'd mention AJ because without AJ, I wouldn't care. They're part of AJ's faction so if they look weak, the group looks weak. In the WWE they're geeks, I'm under no illusion. Likewise with Bray/Bryan fans and Rowan, they want the faction to look good otherwise it reflects poorly on Bray/Bryan.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
So I'm 20 minutes into the show and all I've seen is a Smackdown storyline (Reigns whodunit) and a match between two Smackdown talent. (Reigns and Ziggler)

INTERESTING.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Imagine being so irrelevant not even your dead father can get you sympathy with the crowd.

Poor Nattie.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
3,517 Posts
Anderson and Gallows are ex BC and are a part of The OC, of course I'd mention AJ because without AJ, I wouldn't care. They're part of AJ's faction so if they look weak, the group looks weak. In the WWE they're geeks, I'm under no illusion. Likewise with Bray/Bryan fans and Rowan, they want the faction to look good otherwise it reflects poorly on Bray/Bryan.
Ace dude I'm thirty- five years of age I know who the fucking B.C Original's are AJ took the lead after Prince Devitt left for nxt . They are booked shit they came to wwe to be huge stars who are capable of being one of the best tag teams in the world , Gallows was originally festus then got changed to Luke Gallows joined with c.m punk to formthe straight edge society , then after his release had a short stint as DOC in Tna with the aces and eights .Its where he met AJ where there friendship formed I didn't know much about Karl Anderson till he was in the original B.C. You said they were losers in another post which there not . AJ is one of the best wrestlers in the modern in era no doubt about it , I used to mark out in his Tna career I've watched him 2002 he is a genuine pro , eats and sleeps wrestling , with the platform wwe gave him he just elevated himself in to super stardom . I understand why he your favorite . But it was a joke , but to call Gallows and Anderson losers is a tad naive dude .

Peace .

·
Baby Yoda
30,040 Posts
Ace dude I'm thirty- five years of age I know who the fucking B.C Original's are AJ took the lead after Prince Devitt left for nxt . They are booked shit they came to wwe to be huge stars who are capable of being one of the best tag teams in the world , Gallows was originally festus then got changed to Luke Gallows joined with c.m punk to formthe straight edge society , then after his release had a short stint as DOC in Tna with the aces and eights .Its where he met AJ where there friendship formed I didn't know much about Karl Anderson till he was in the original B.C. You said they were losers in another post which there not . AJ is one of the best wrestlers in the modern in era no doubt about it , I used to mark out in his Tna career I've watched him 2002 he is a genuine pro , eats and sleeps wrestling , with the platform wwe gave him he just elevated himself in to super stardom . I understand why he your favorite . But it was a joke , but to call Gallows and Anderson losers is a tad naive dude .

Peace .
Dude, majority of this roster consists of geeks and losers (kayfabe). They don't know how to book or get anybody over, that's why they have no stars.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
3,517 Posts
Dude, majority of this roster consists of geeks and losers (kayfabe). They don't know how to book or get anybody over, that's why they have no stars.

I'm stoned I thought you meant as people lol . Shit state of affairs when cuck man is Dual champ with Braun who should of least had a shot with u.c. Title see if he can draw as it is easy to get a pop granted his are huge , they say we listen to fans it was the only fault of the whole show I mean seeing Mandy was fucking sweet and Alexa in the ring >:) But it showed hunter can do it , if what others were saying vince not being there . Heyman too showing he knows his shit again , I mean he's honest enough to know his mistakes I wouldn't lend him 10p never mind hundreds of thousands of dollars .

Peace .

741 - 760 of 783 Posts