Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 443 Posts

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
They're the only 4 teams lol and two of them have already lost to Alexa/Nikki

Edit: Didn't realize that you already got your answer like 5 times before my response haha
If Mandy and Sonya get the titles before Kairi and Asuka :heston. I know the titles don't mean anything at this point, but if the best team out of four gets the title at the end (or never gets it) that would be something

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Regarding the Womens tag team Division, I often see people speculate Asuka and Kairi splitting up but I don't see how WWE can afford that when they are the only face Womens tag team AND there are only 4 tag teams in that division.

Unless Bayley and Carmella become a tag team, Asuka and Kairi have to stay together.
If Alexa and Cross keep defending the titles and keep winning clean they're going to be forced to turn them face. They don't even seem to be trying to avoid title defenses in a heelish way.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I wouldn't say it is in shambles. It is a division that never needed tag belts. There just isn't enough women on the roster.
Yeah, it felt more like a PR thing. Only The IIconics even feel like a real team. Alexa/Nikki and Asuka/Kairi have been thrown together post Mania, and even though Mandy & Sonya have been tagging for years, they still feel like two paired up singles wrestlers to me.

I'm half surprised Vince hasn't paired up Naomi & Ember because they are both black. I know it sounds ridiculous but that's the kinda shit he would do. Look at Asuka & Kairi, literally the only reason they are tagging is because they are both Japanese.

·
Custom User Title
6,553 Posts
Technically this is a nxt belt too, even if they don't defend it there. Any tag teams down there other than the other horsewomen?
Vanessa Bourne and Aliyah. But I don't think Alexa would survive more than a minute or two in NXT. She would be ripped to pieces by Full Sail. Nikki Cross might be fine, but Alexa has absolutely no good will built up among NXT fans.

Regarding the Womens tag team Division, I often see people speculate Asuka and Kairi splitting up but I don't see how WWE can afford that when they are the only face Womens tag team AND there are only 4 tag teams in that division.

Unless Bayley and Carmella become a tag team, Asuka and Kairi have to stay together.
Doesn't matter. Asuka and Kairi are as good as dead when it comes to being a tag team. Any sort of credibility they had left was shattered after last night. And barring a heel turn for Asuka, she ain't bouncing back from this. Kairi is dead no matter what they do on the main roster. She should just go back to NXT.

·
Southern Pride
3,520 Posts
If Alexa and Cross keep defending the titles and keep winning clean they're going to be forced to turn them face. They don't even seem to be trying to avoid title defenses in a heelish way.
Well, that is a good point. I just kind of see Bliss and Cross as a temporary thing though. It's hard for me to imagine Bliss being a long term face when shes good at being a heel.

·
17,649 Posts
Vanessa Bourne and Aliyah. But I don't think Alexa would survive more than a minute or two in NXT. She would be ripped to pieces by Full Sail. Nikki Cross might be fine, but Alexa has absolutely no good will built up among NXT fans.
Alexa is a star, she would get cheered like crazy because of that, don't fool yourself thinking differently

Reactions: bradatar

·
Southern Pride
3,520 Posts
Doesn't matter. Asuka and Kairi are as good as dead when it comes to being a tag team. Any sort of credibility they had left was shattered after last night. And barring a heel turn for Asuka, she ain't bouncing back from this. Kairi is dead no matter what they do on the main roster. She should just go back to NXT.
I don't disagree at all with any of that really. It's just that even though there is nothing left for them to do as a team, there would be no more face tag teams in the division without them. Which is why we are probably going to see Kabuki Warriors vs. other teams soon to determine number one contenders and the Kabuki Warriors win, even though they just lost to BlissCross.

WWE likes to be repetitive and beat a dead horse as we know.

Kairi especially had an uphill battle on the main roster no matter what because she doesn't speak fluent English and doesn't get engaged with the crowd like Asuka does. So yeah, shes doomed no matter what.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,453 Posts
Wasn't it already obvious from about a couple of months ago that Charlotte was destined to take her title back from Bayley lol and it's going to be in Flair country, Easy prediction there.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,821 Posts
I'm willing to bet THREE HUNDRED BRAZILLION DOLLARS to any WF member that Vince McMahon tears up the script for this show and re-writes it 2hrs before going on air.

C'mon WF members.. This is a fair bet... :)

·
24,250 Posts
I would love to see more Liv Morgan
Would love it but sadly they will just keep her off TV until who knows when. They had no plans when she showed up some weeks ago and they clearly have no plans at the moment.

Typical of "we got no plans but the plans changed" WWE.

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
Great match or not, I don't want to see it ever again. Give me Bayley vs ANYONE.

8 minutes sound :yoda

I like your round 1 good showing idea, but I have a better one. Buddy wins the entire KOTR, and then they push him to the top of the SD midcard.
…..Donnie, remember what we talked about with going with your head over your heart.

Again, baby steps.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Him facing Finn at SS who is from Smackdown might be a clue that he is from that brand as well.

Who knows at this point.
I think it’s more of an indicator that his feud with Finn isn’t over, yet, who is technically a SD wrestler.

That wasn’t a heinous enough beatdown to send Balor packing for a few weeks/months, so I suspect something much worse is on the horizon for the Extraordinary man.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
WWE Removes Bray Wyatt Video From YouTube

Bray Wyatt’s Fiend entrance at Summerslam was very well received within the pro wrestling bubble, but maybe it was too hot for some general audiences.

WWE recently uploaded Bray Wyatt’s new entrance video. Then hours later, they deleted that video. It is very interesting that they would do this, but it seems like his Titantron video might need some alterations.

This used to be the link for the video before they deleted it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHEr8HsqEFY

We’ll keep an eye out for any more signs from The Fiend. People are obviously loving the Firefly Fun House as they bought up all the merch they could. However, Wyatt’s absence from Raw last night is very interesting as well. Hopefully, WWE has something planned for Wyatt on SmackDown Live tonight.
Source:https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/08/13/wwe-removes-bray-wyatt-video-from-youtube/

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Wyatt selling the shit out of merch. Let's see if the age old theory of merch movers getting pushed is real.

·
17,649 Posts
Wyatt selling the shit out of merch. Let's see if the age old theory of merch movers getting pushed is real.
Rusev was... and he hasn't been seen since Mania I think

Reactions: bradatar

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
It's not. A writer was asked the question on an interview with Wade Keller a long time ago, if merch movers got pushed, and his answer was that if Vince likes you, it matters and he'll push you even more, and if he doesn't like you, it won't make a difference.

As we all know, Vince doesn't like Bray.

Anyway, as far as him selling merchandise goes, anybody who hasn't seen this video should do so

His delivery at 0:53 had me in tears. :kobelol I still don't know if I'm sold on this gimmick, it's so stupid, but that was funny.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
It's not. A writer was asked the question on an interview with Wade Keller a long time ago, if merch movers got pushed, and his answer was that if Vince likes you, it matters and he'll push you even more, and if he doesn't like you, it won't make a difference.

As we all know, Vince doesn't like Bray.

Anyway, as far as him selling merchandise goes, anybody who hasn't seen this video should do so

His delivery at 0:53 had me in tears. :kobelol I still don't know if I'm sold on this gimmick, it's so stupid, but that was funny.
Watched it yesterday. Almost bought the box actually lmao. I love the character. I liked it since he debuted it but was weary on when the in-ring work would start. Sunday eased that. If sponsors really ruin this, well fuck them.

41 - 60 of 443 Posts