Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 781 Posts

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
There are storyline stuff in this week’s BTE for those that don’t normally watch

From 18:50 / can skip the rest

·
Registered
733 Posts
They would have been better of classifying this Wednesday's episode as a normal episode rather than a fyter fest special as the card looks far more like what you expect on a normal episode than a ppv or special dynamite episode and nxt probably wouldn't have felt the need to match aew with a special episode for this week that has a far stronger main event than what aew has to offer.

Same goes for announcing the following week being yet another special because of them having to re-arrange the mox and cage match and I'm sure nxt will once again try to match that

·
Registered
22,824 Posts
They would have been better of classifying this Wednesday's episode as a normal episode rather than a fyter fest special as the card looks far more like what you expect on a normal episode than a ppv or special dynamite episode and nxt probably wouldn't have felt the need to match aew with a special episode for this week that has a far stronger main event than what aew has to offer.

Same goes for announcing the following week being yet another special because of them having to re-arrange the mox and cage match and I'm sure nxt will once again try to match that
FyterFest should've been a one week 3 hour special. Do the title matches, Cassidy vs Jericho, and the 8 man tag. Because even with the Moxley match this card would've been a fall off.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Losing the world title match hit them hard (and even that's not an especially exciting storyline tbh) because this card looks a lot weaker than last week's and it's hard to see it being the better night. But I'm at least interested in the 8 man and Jericho/OC

·
Registered
22,824 Posts
Yeah this one had the same problem that some UFC cards have were the main and co-main are good but the rest is just thrown together. But maybe they kill it inring

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,257 Posts
Lance Archer
The Dark Order
FTR & The Young Bucks
Chris Jericho

The winners from the matches in the OP.

Any idea on who the Nyla Rose mystery opponent is? I don't know if there are leaks and I won't be reading them, so I hope it's someone like Bea, who looked to be starting a feud with Nyla Rose before COVID - I can't see it being someone who they haven't signed or who isn't on the roster as of yet.

Taz/Cage again interest me though, because Taz has been gold in his role.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Lance Archer will beat Joey Janela in a match where Janela gets too much offence in.

The Dark Order will not die and will beat SCU after some disagreement between SCU or something fucking stupid. People will immediately forget it after watching.

FTR & The Bucks will beat Lucha Bros and Bed, Breakfast & Beyond in a chaotic match that doesn’t make much sense except when FTR try, but it will make less sense because suddenly rules will matter. I wonder if that will become their actual gimmick? Awkward stare between teams at the end.

Taz cuts a promo on Moxley where he calls him a pussy, which will bury Cage next week when Mox does show up and beat him.

Nyla Rose will squash some woman that AEW fans will demand be signed, because she’s sooooo good. She’ll probably get too much in.

Chris Jericho will beat Orange Cassidy after Cassidy gets too much in.

This is without reading the spoilers, by the way. God, I hope I am wrong.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,594 Posts
Nyla v???? -

Not sure who this is. Hopefully a debut or a returning superstar. Don't think it's Tessa even if she's coming, which I'm one of the ones that think they should try and get her. Don't think it'll be Abadon as they pulled that switch the other week, nor do I think it's Bea Priestly. I'll go with a returning Riho, the first two matches between them were very good and Riho has been teasing her return on twitter

Bucks and FTR v Butcher/Blade/Lucha Bros - should be a good match. I can't wait to see the Lucha Bros again, it's felt like forever. Hopefully Lucha bros can win to set them up for a title shot, plus Bucks and FTR don't need to win, you can have them cost the other the match to protect them.

Archer/Janela - Archer in 2-4 min squash.

Dark Order v SCU - Will go with SCU after Colt costs Brodie the win.

Omega/Page v Private Party - This will go exactly the same way as their title defences against Dustin/QT, Havok/Sabian and best friend, it'll be a competitive 15-20 match with Onega/Page winning. Anything else will be a surprise.

OC/Jericho - I'm more excited for this than I perhaps should be. OC will look strong but I can't see anything other than Jericho winning to keep his momentum going for whatever he gas planned with Tyson.

Doesn't look as strong as night 1. Personally I would've replaced Mox/Cage with something else rather than a predictable tag team title defence. What I would've done is.

Omega/Page v Bucks - start the show hot with this revolution rematch, this would've been a suitable replacement for Mox/Cage and would've drawn more people to watch given how highly rated their first match was.

Nyla v???

FTR v Lucha Bros - Would've been a great match. Would've preferred thus over the 8 man tag match.

Archer v Janela - After the match Archer challenges Cody for FFTF next week.

Dark Order v SCU

Jericho v OC

That would've been a much better card. Looking at this week's card you'd be forgiven for thinking this was just a regular Dynamite instead of a special. Hopefully this show delivers.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
10,129 Posts
Won’t be as strong as Night 1 but looking forward to it. Archer is gonna kill Janela and the 8 man tag should be out of control. Looking forward to OC vs Jericho as well. Don’t care for the Dark Order stuff. Omega and Page vs PP should be okay. Sucks that Mox vs Cage was postponed but it could end up main eventing a strong Fight for the Fallen card. We’ll see what matches they book.

Lance Archer
The Dark Order
FTR & The Young Bucks
Chris Jericho

The winners from the matches in the OP.

Any idea on who the Nyla Rose mystery opponent is? I don't know if there are leaks and I won't be reading them, so I hope it's someone like Bea, who looked to be starting a feud with Nyla Rose before COVID - I can't see it being someone who they haven't signed or who isn't on the roster as of yet.

Taz/Cage again interest me though, because Taz has been gold in his role.
I’m hoping for Ivalisse to be the mystery opponent for Nyla, even though that has almost no chance of happening. If not her then maybe Bea was able to make it.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Oh, and Pomegranates beat Piss Party in a white noise tag team clusterfuck.

When it comes to Nyla’s opponent, I don’t expect much. Nor would that be good booking. The segment is about Nyla. If you bring in someone with a name, they have to win. What a waste of time. Nyla will wrestle a nobody and smarks will be disappointed.

·
Registered
24,582 Posts
Losing the world title match really hurt the show. Every match except for Jericho vs. OC feels like it's something you could see any week on Dynamite. But, on to the predictions.

Omega & Hangman vs. Private Party should be a fun little athletic match and another successful defense for the champions. They're holding those things at least until All Out.

Archer vs. Janela should be as close to a squash as possible. Keep it short, let Janela get some offense in, and then let Archer put him down for a decisive win.

Can't say I'm the at interested in the Dark Order vs. SCU match though I do appreciate the little story of Colt fighting with DO against SCU when he debuted months ago fighting with SCU against DO.

Not expecting much from the Nyla match. Probably a squash if I had to guess because God, she's really the only real challenger right now.

The 8 man tag should be your typical junk food match full of crazy spots and I'm here for it. Though I'm ready for the "can they coexist?" part of this story with the Bucks and FTR to end. If Bucks and FTR win, I could see them both challenging Omega & Hangman at All Out. If the heels win, I got the Lucha Bros challenging Omega & Hangman at All Out.

I don't know what quite to expect Jericho vs. OC, but I'm expecting something fun with a Jericho win with OC looking good in defeat.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bucks and FTR v Butcher/Blade/Lucha Bros - I hope Blade/Butcher get the pin on the Bucks after FTR mix up/heat, it makes things interesting for all teams leaving all looking strong for future confrontation/s

Archer/Janela - This simply needs to be a one sided devastating squash

Dark Order v SCU - I hope SCU, dont like Dark Order gimmick

Omega/Page v Private Party - Try again to get Kenny Omega :unsure: they need to win and stay strong, the tag team scene is really good, thumbs up

OC/Jericho - Jericho needs to win this quickly for the sake of wrestling and how people particuarly those who have stepped away from Wrestling view AEW now and moving forwards. Jericho has faced up and contested impressed matches with Jushin Liger and Ultimo Dragon now he`s facing some guy who was in Chikara. Jericho has wrestled -Michaels, Goldberg, Hogan, Rock, Austin, Triple-H, Angle, Omega in impressive wrestling matches, as the biggest name this company has trying to turn this into comedy has not only NXT trouncing it as a regular but lose fans for good. Sorry to OC fans but I agree with JC on this

Nyla v Abadon or an Evil Anna Jay would be choices from current roster

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
I think it would make sense for Nyla's opponent to be Big Swole. Although, I don't see why they would make a mystery of it LOL. I guess Nyla would be in the ring talking some shit and then Swole interrupts her? Nyla wins after some Britt Baker shenanigans?

1 - 20 of 781 Posts