Wrestling Forum banner

741 - 747 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Cornette and Meltzer are two sides of the same coin

just stoking the fires of their respective fanbases in order for clicks / views / listens

anybody who disses Meltz and praises Cornette and vice versa is deluded

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Cl
cornette is playing a character and people are falling for it
You think Cornette is secretly a big AEW fan? He did put over most of the show this week so if his gimmick is to be angry and pissed off he certainly failed this week. Only issue he had was them beating Wardlow and the Trent being dropped off by his mum deal.

Maybe he just...gives an honest opinion?

Atleast he's making money out of his misery. I feel worse for his followers who invest time and money on the show they dislike and then also pay to support Cornette for hating it. They are basically paying to be miserable. Idiots.
The podcast is free and watching the show is free :)

Cornette and Meltzer are two sides of the same coin

just stoking the fires of their respective fanbases in order for clicks / views / listens

anybody who disses Meltz and praises Cornette and vice versa is deluded
Again, you legitimately think Cornette is a fan of AEW and Meltzer likes WWE? Come on...

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Ok. Congrstulations..? Lol
I just can't think of anything worse than some of these talent who have been getting the rah-rah and a slap on the butt from guys like Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho to eventually run smack-bang into the realisation that "Holy shit, Jim Cornette was right about me." It almost makes me feel sorry for them, until I realise that a lot of these people are getting paid WAY too much in the first place.

Cl
cornette is playing a character and people are falling for it
This is what the wrestlers he criticises tell themselves. It's much easier than engaging with his actual points and maybe doing some self-reflection and determining that you need to do a lot of improving in your chosen field of work.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Cornette has 812 Patreon listeners at his $5 level to listen to the recaps. Which means his old podcasts make him $128 a day. That's also $48,720 a year, which is some people's salaries. And he hasn't even dropped new content on there yet. Obviously he finds a way to split that with Brian Last. But it's not a bad innings for just deciding to monetise your backlog of programming.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yeah, the YouTube numbers are enough to make a decent little income also. It's about $3.00 per 1000 views apparently which is 150 dollars per 50,000 views (Which is where most of Cornette's videos average out to). They upload 6-8 videos on YouTube weekly so just over 1000 a week for both Cornette and Brian Last. Hypothetically if he makes 24,000 from the patreon and 26,000 from YouTube that's a pretty strong side income and I'm a bit low on the numbers because many Cornette videos do over 100,000.

Then he has his store which is so popular that he regularly has to close it. What was it? 200 action figures sold at 20 dollars each in the span of a week? Cornette would easily be doing six figures just from the Jim Cornette business. Kind of inspiring really.

741 - 747 of 747 Posts