Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 747 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,951 Posts
I probably would, yeah.
Interesting, Jungle Boy is a great talent

to keep the ‘who is the future’ thing with MJF / JungleBoy going?
No I was just thinking that MJF was probably facing Mox at All Out so I personally didn't want him to be on the loser's end even if Wardlow took the pin

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Interesting, Jungle Boy is a great talent

No I was just thinking that MJF was probably facing Mox at All Out so I personally didn't want him to be on the loser's end even if Wardlow took the pin
i’m just not seeing MJF vs Mox yet

Mox will make him look like a kid, which he is - 2 more years

now... Mox v Hangman - that i can get behind

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Mox vs Hangman would be awesome, I really want the Omega/Hangman feud first though
Fantasy booking - but i want Hangman to take it from Mox and Kenny to turn on him
it will be the first official ‘AEW-only’ main event feud I think

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Fantasy booking - but i want Hangman to take it from Mox and Kenny to turn on him
it will be the first official ‘AEW-only’ main event feud I think
To steal a line from my grandpa: you can want in one hand and shit in the other, tell me which fills up first.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
By all means, anyone can like him.

But answer the question, WHY IS THE TV TITLE MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERY OTHER TITLE IN THE COMPANY?
Nobody said it was the most important.

All i saw is just someone saying that Cody vs Hager being for the belt makes the match important. If the same match wasn't for the belt then i wouldn't even watch it.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

All i saw is just someone saying that Cody vs Hager being for the belt makes the match important. If the same match wasn't for the belt then i wouldn't even watch it.
The implication being that it likely has to main event, due to importance, even if no one gives a fuck about that match.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
They really just don't get it. He was mildly entertaining in the role during a pandemic but now they trot him out to do it on a semi regular basis.

Look forward to him shouting over the top of everyone with rapid fire comments in an attempt one goes viral.
Jericho was fun I’m commentary when it was just him and Tony.

But Jericho trying to get all of shtick in while talking over Tony, JR, and Excalibur is going to get old fast if the last time he was on commentary is anything to go by.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Why? Why is it important? Why is it more important than your WORLD Women’s champion or World Tag Champions? Because CODY has deemed it so goddamn important than it deserves more airtime than even your World Heavyweight Championship?

Fuck this line of thinking.
For the record, I think I'd put the tag on last. Especially, if it's gonna have storyline that leads into All Out

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's a worrying sign when one of the most hyped up things about the first night of fyter fest is Jericho on commentary, aew shouldn't be leaning on such a thing to grab fans interest in the show.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Would have to agree, the signing of hager was a poor one, I struggle to find him remotely entertaining in any wrestling company from wwe, to lucha underground which I was a huge fan of, to his current stint in aew, the only time hager has felt relevant was during his bar scene in the stadium stampede match which in my own opinion speaks volumes to how good hangman is to get an entertaining moment out of hager and the only guy that I think can get a good programme out of hager.

Aew would have been wiser to have signed up Cobb for hager's role.

Another issue with this match is it doesn't feel fresh as they are both old wwe guys and aew really needs keep away from programmes that feature such a thing, especially on special events/PPV's, I dont think I speak purely for myself when I say fans giving aew a chance are looking for fresh feuds between ex-wwe and guys that have come from elsewhere, just look at the excitement and buzz aew initially got from the moxley/omega feud.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Would have to agree, the signing of hager was a poor one, I struggle to find him remotely entertaining in any wrestling company from wwe, to lucha underground which I was a huge fan of, to his current stint in aew, the only time hager has felt relevant was during his bar scene in the stadium stampede match which in my own opinion speaks volumes to how good hangman is to get an entertaining moment out of hager and the only guy that I think can get a good programme out of hager.

Aew would have been wiser to have signed up Cobb for hager's role.

Another issue with this match is it doesn't feel fresh as they are both old wwe guys and aew really needs keep away from programmes that feature such a thing, especially on special events/PPV's, I dont think I speak purely for myself when I say fans giving aew a chance are looking for fresh feuds between ex-wwe and guys that have come from elsewhere, just look at the excitement and buzz aew initially got from the moxley/omega feud.
You know they tried to sign Cobb but he wasn't interested.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I really am growing tired of the ex-WWE guys working ex-WWE guys with every single one of their angles and feuds being given far more air time and importance on the card/show.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think Fyter fest is going to give AEW the wake up call they need as WWE have shown that they can click their fingers and put on must see matches whenever they want. WWE counter producing with a 2 day event which Dusty created is a bit of a low blow but it’s business and Cody opened that can of worms when he smashed the throne with the sledgehammer, there was always going to be a response.

Personally I feel the only must see match of both Fyter fest cards is Moxley vs Cage and even that, along with everything else, has had short/poor builds and is too soon. Either Cage will lose meaning he will join Brodie and Archer as big men who lost their first meaningful match or he will win and Moxley’s reign will be over before it has effectively started to somebody who hasn’t really earned it (1 ladder match and a few squashes isn’t really enough to warrant a title run)

I appreciate there’s a pandemic and no crowds but as a new company you can’t afford to put a hold on all your good stories and keep all your best talents away from each other. AEW is a start up company and needs to be putting its best talent on TV at all times, if it means they have to use one of their better stories without a crowd then so be it. It is blatantly obvious that they are not running any of their better stories at the moment without crowds so why do they expect fans to tune in watch.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I think Fyter fest is going to give AEW the wake up call they need as WWE have shown that they can click their fingers and put on must see matches whenever they want. WWE counter producing with a 2 day event which Dusty created is a bit of a low blow but it’s business and Cody opened that can of worms when he smashed the throne with the sledgehammer, there was always going to be a response.

Personally I feel the only must see match of both Fyter fest cards is Moxley vs Cage and even that, along with everything else, has had short/poor builds and is too soon. Either Cage will lose meaning he will join Brodie and Archer as big men who lost their first meaningful match or he will win and Moxley’s reign will be over before it has effectively started to somebody who hasn’t really earned it (1 ladder match and a few squashes isn’t really enough to warrant a title run)

I appreciate there’s a pandemic and no crowds but as a new company you can’t afford to put a hold on all your good stories and keep all your best talents away from each other. AEW is a start up company and needs to be putting its best talent on TV at all times, if it means they have to use one of their better stories without a crowd then so be it. It is blatantly obvious that they are not running any of their better stories at the moment without crowds so why do they expect fans to tune in watch.
golfclap

·
Registered
500 Posts
You know they tried to sign Cobb but he wasn't interested.
Fair enough if Cobb wasn't interested but I dont think hager adds much to the ic or aew as whole and when you add up the money paid to him and others that really are taking away value from aew as a product rather than adding value, they could have used that combined money for just 1 guy that adds value to the product.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Jericho is the reason why Hager is with AEW and in such a prominent role. Tony/EVP's wanted Anthony Ogogo in the role, Jericho wanted a name brand for his IC muscle and mentioned Hager and the rest is history.

He doesn't wrestle enough to be getting the title shots - and then he loses them anyways. I mean where does he go from here now? Back to just being a tagalong to Jericho?

There is no real reason to even book this match - Cody could have fought anybody given his open challenge gimmick and Hager could have just not wrestled and thus lost another big match.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Jericho is the reason why Hager is with AEW and in such a prominent role. Tony/EVP's wanted Anthony Ogogo in the role, Jericho wanted a name brand for his IC muscle and mentioned Hager and the rest is history.

He doesn't wrestle enough to be getting the title shots - and then he loses them anyways. I mean where does he go from here now? Back to just being a tagalong to Jericho?

There is no real reason to even book this match - Cody could have fought anybody given his open challenge gimmick and Hager could have just not wrestled and thus lost another big match.
Tbh I think just advertising cody in another open challenge to an unknown challenger would have added more hype to the show than hager vs cody as it would at the very least got fans intrigued and wildly speculating about who it could be on a special episode of dynamite.

41 - 60 of 747 Posts