Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
You’re so content with it that you don’t even watch every week.

What gripping television!!!

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,471 Posts
I'm actually contemplating watching NXT live this week and watching the Dynamite replay after. Will decide the night of. Big Sasha Banks fan. These Wednesday night wars are great for wrestling fans because now we have 2 good shows to look forward to. Hopefully Tony claps back in the All Out build, which will eventually lead to NXT clapping back with Lee vs Kross and maybe the return of Demon Balor. Excited for the next 3 months for both brands.

My thoughts:

Best Friends vs Omega & Page: This will probably main event. I would put this up against the Io vs Sasha Night 1 main event. It's still gonna lose but this match has the best chance at retaining live viewers because of the possible Omega/Page heel turn. Should be a good match with Best Friends winning at the end. If they want to build to Hangman/Omega at All Out, then something huge needs to happen here.

Cody vs Hager: This one goes to Cody. Hopefully we get an Archer attack or a PAC return, assuming he can get back in. Probably not though considering that cases in FL have skyrocketed. Which is a shame because PAC would be the perfect guy to take the title at the PPV.

Shida vs Ford: Shida will get a dominant win. I would give them 8-10 minutes though so Penelope Ford can show some of her talent. Haven't seen much from her.

Private Party vs Santana/Ortiz: I'm thinking Santana/Ortiz win here which continues the tutelage storyline between Matt and PP. Then Santana/Ortiz feud with Best Friends probably. Make it a 3-way feud with Lucha Bros. I miss the days of 3 way tag feuds like Edge/Chrisitian vs Hardyz vs Dudleyz.

MJF/Wardlow vs Jurassic Express: This one should be pretty good too. All of these guys can go at a high level. MJF/Wadlow to win here. Then we hopefully move on to MJF/Mox.

Night 1 should be decent, but Night 2 is the better card for sure. The 8 man tag, Jericho/OC, Archers return, and Mox/Cage all sound great.
Yeah I like Sasha too, easily top 5 female wrestlers in the world imo, but I'll catch her match with Io after Dynamite.

Honestly NXT is really good, but I just can't get invested in it that much. Maybe if it was its own company and not part of WWE I'd be more invested in it but I just can't knowing that the end game for most of them is mid-lower card mediocrity on raw and SD.

Yeah I pretty much agree with most of your match predictions.

Also if Mox is unavailable for night 2 they should put out a big match to main event, hopefully not Cage/Allin or cage/Dustin as have been rumoured that would be very underwhelming. I'd either have Cage v Omega or Cody defending the TNT title (presuming he beats Hager) against either Cage, Archer or even Omega or Page. Give us a big match if we're not getting the World title defended.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
AEW World Tag Team Championship: Kenny Omega & 'Hangman' Adam Page (c) vs Best Friends

TNT Championship - Cody (c) vs Jake Hager

AEW Women's World Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs Penelope Ford

MJF & Wardlow vs Jurassic Express

Santana & Ortiz vs Private Party
Hope the Tag Title match main events

Winners predictions

• Cody
  • Shida
  • PnP
  • ....... Mjf & Wardlow / not too sure about this one
  • ................ Best Friends? Not too sure either - but I am ready for a Hangman singles run

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,929 Posts
Santana & Ortiz will win. This'll start their ascent to a face turn, leaving the Inner Circle and becoming legit competitors in the tag division.

I assume Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy will go over Wardlow and MJF. Gives them an actual credible win whilst also planting further seeds for that potential Wardlow/MJF break up later in the year (or early next year).

Great way to highlight Penelope Ford, from seeing clips of her on DARK, she's actually talented and Shida can make everyone look good so I can see them putting on a good match. Shida will ultimately come out on top though.

Not the most exciting match for the TNT title, yet to really be blown away by Hagers ring work so hopefully this is better than usual. Cody will win.

Main event should absolutely be the tag title match. I've made my feelings perfectly clear on who should win this. They need to beef that singles division up with Omega and Page. So I'd have Best Friends win this. Expecting probably MOTN here too. Omega/Page have always knocked it out of the park together and Omega/Trent put on a great match on Dynamite months back.

Should be a good event. Shame it won't be in the UK as originally scheduled.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Santana & Ortiz will win. This'll start their ascent to a face turn, leaving the Inner Circle and becoming legit competitors in the tag division.

I assume Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy will go over Wardlow and MJF. Gives them an actual credible win whilst also planting further seeds for that potential Wardlow/MJF break up later in the year (or early next year).

Great way to highlight Penelope Ford, from seeing clips of her on DARK, she's actually talented and Shida can make everyone look good so I can see them putting on a good match. Shida will ultimately come out on top though.

Not the most exciting match for the TNT title, yet to really be blown away by Hagers ring work so hopefully this is better than usual. Cody will win.

Main event should absolutely be the tag title match. I've made my feelings perfectly clear on who should win this. They need to beef that singles division up with Omega and Page. So I'd have Best Friends win this. Expecting probably MOTN here too. Omega/Page have always knocked it out of the park together and Omega/Trent put on a great match on Dynamite months back.

Should be a good event. Shame it won't be in the UK as originally scheduled.
You recon Wardlow eats the pin in that scenario?

I can’t see them having MJF eat it - they’ll continue with his ‘overlooked and unbeaten’ thing he has going

·
17,929 Posts
You recon Wardlow eats the pin in that scenario?

I can’t see them having MJF eat it - they’ll continue with his ‘overlooked and unbeaten’ thing he has going
Yeah I do.

Even Batista ate pins in tag team matches, it's not going to affect Wardlow losing in a tag match. But itd potentially lead to MJF having a loss on his record which he can berate Wardlow for.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Yeah I do.

Even Batista ate pins in tag team matches, it's not going to affect Wardlow losing in a tag match. But itd potentially lead to MJF having a loss on his record which he can berate Wardlow for.
Yeah - good shout

And Wardlow already lost once / so it won’t be so bad

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,910 Posts
Yeah I do.

You'd put Jurassic Express over? I think I would keep MJF and Wardlow both strong and instead use Santana/Ortiz to build Jurassic Express back up.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
For a PPV type show I can't say I'm that pumped for this one but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

i'm pretty hopeful that AEW are gonna do some big things. i haven't been let down yet - from signing moxley to their character development. i'm pretty content with it. once i stop being content, i stop watching 😉
AEW has never let you down? Come on man...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
should be enjoyable.

think the tag title match should be good and expect the champs to retain

i think Cody can get a decent match out of Hager and also retain

i think Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus get the win in a fun match, Wardlow eats the pin so MJF is still technically undefeated. he'll go on to face Mox at All Out and Wardlow will mess up his chance to win somehow i think

Shida wins obviously

hopefully Santana and Ortiz win cause Private Party sucks.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
It's tough to place Cody/Hager. It's probably gonna be boring but it's also kinda important

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
It's tough to place Cody/Hager. It's probably gonna be boring but it's also kinda important
Why? Why is it important? Why is it more important than your WORLD Women’s champion or World Tag Champions? Because CODY has deemed it so goddamn important than it deserves more airtime than even your World Heavyweight Championship?

Fuck this line of thinking.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Jericho on commentary.

They really just don't get it. He was mildly entertaining in the role during a pandemic but now they trot him out to do it on a semi regular basis.

Look forward to him shouting over the top of everyone with rapid fire comments in an attempt one goes viral.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Why? Why is it important? Why is it more important than your WORLD Women’s champion or World Tag Champions? Because CODY has deemed it so goddamn important than it deserves more airtime than even your World Heavyweight Championship?

Fuck this line of thinking.
People can like Cody you know....

I don't like MJF yet i don't attack anybody who say something nice about him.

·
17,929 Posts
They really just don't get it. He was mildly entertaining in the role during a pandemic but now they trot him out to do it on a semi regular basis.

Look forward to him shouting over the top of everyone with rapid fire comments in an attempt one goes viral.
Same.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
People can like Cody you know....

I don't like MJF yet i don't attack anybody who say something nice about him.
By all means, anyone can like him.

But answer the question, WHY IS THE TV TITLE MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERY OTHER TITLE IN THE COMPANY?

21 - 40 of 747 Posts