Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 747 Posts

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AEW World Tag Team Championship: Kenny Omega & 'Hangman' Adam Page (c) vs Best Friends

TNT Championship - Cody (c) vs Jake Hager

AEW Women's World Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs Penelope Ford

MJF & Wardlow vs Jurassic Express

Santana & Ortiz vs Private Party

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
That's how i would put the matches :
1/ Omega and Page vs Best friend, to have a strong start.
2/ Shida vs Ford
3/ Santana and Ortiz vs PP
4/ Jurassic express vs MJF and Wardlow
5/ Cody vs Hager

I put Cody's match last only because i think the tag title match is not big enough, if it was Omega and Page vs the Bucks or against FTR or even against the Lucha Bros i would have put the match in the main event.
They're is also the fact that we all know that there is going to have a lot of drama during Cody's match so i think starting with him could hurt the following match.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Omega&Page versus Best Friends.

Could we see a possible turn here? I really want to see Best Friends turn.

Cody v Hager

Shida v Ford

JE v Team MJF

P&P
v Private Party. Least predicatable match on the card.

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
I think Best Friends take the titles. Get Omega and Page back into the singles scene where uppercard faces are desperately lacking. Best Friends vs FTR at All Out with FTR taking the straps then.

Shida should win rather quickly. Then set up a post match attack from Tessa. If not Tessa - somebody/anybody debuting as a big deal. Thunder Rosa is on a revolving 3 month contract supposedly - that must have come up since the shutdown and NWA isn't running anything right now.

Hager isn't winning. But he's always treated as a big threat. Cody probably defends the title again next weeks FyterFest Part II as well.

Private Party w/Matt Hardy vs Ortiz/Santana is interesting as Sammy is likely still suspended (needs to be 30 days at least or it would be mocked).

Jurassic Express vs MJF and Wardlow - I'll call MJF eating the pin after a miscommunication causes Wardlow to strike MJF.

Will be funny to see if Cody books himself somewhere other than ME slot given that will be up against Io vs Sasha.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I think Best Friends take the titles. Get Omega and Page back into the singles scene where uppercard faces are desperately lacking. Best Friends vs FTR at All Out with FTR taking the straps then.

Shida should win rather quickly. Then set up a post match attack from Tessa. If not Tessa - somebody/anybody debuting as a big deal. Thunder Rosa is on a revolving 3 month contract supposedly - that must have come up since the shutdown and NWA isn't running anything right now.

Hager isn't winning. But he's always treated as a big threat. Cody probably defends the title again next weeks FyterFest Part II as well.

Private Party w/Matt Hardy vs Ortiz/Santana is interesting as Sammy is likely still suspended (needs to be 30 days at least or it would be mocked).

Jurassic Express vs MJF and Wardlow - I'll call MJF eating the pin after a miscommunication causes Wardlow to strike MJF.

Will be funny to see if Cody books himself somewhere other than ME slot given that will be up against Io vs Sasha.
Which match have more chance to do well against Io and Sasha than Cody vs Hager ?
Maybe the tag title match but it's 50/50.....

Also even if AEW sign Tessa she don't want to come to the US while the Covid is still there. The next challenger for Shida will probably be Abadon.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,469 Posts
Should be a great Wednesday night of Wrestling. I'll watch AEW live then watch the Sasha/Io match straight after so I'm likely going to stay off here, twitter and reddit on Wednesday night to avoid spoilers.

Quick thoughts.

Cody/Hager - I think they should've had Cody/Archer 2 instead of this match, either that or a mystery opponent to keep us guessing. This match would've been fine for a normal Dynamite main event but for a special its a little underwhelming imo. Cody definitely Retains.

Private Party/Santana and Ortiz - I think Santana and Ortiz get the win here. They need built up more as a tag team to be contention for a possible title opportunity and a loss shouldn't damage Private Party to much.

MJF/Wardlow v Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus - I can see this going two ways. 1. MJF and Wardlow win clean, which builds MJF up perfectly for a potential match with Mox at all out. Or 2. Wardlow gets pinned which costs MJF his unbeaten run in 2020 despite not getting pinned himself, which plants more seeds for a break up between them.

Shida/Ford - Pretty simple, Shida Retains in a 10 minute match.

Omega/Page v Best Friends - Out of the 4 title matches this one's the most unpredictable. If the plan is for Omega/Page feud at All Out then this would be the logical time for either one of them to turn and cost them the tag titles. Best Friends can then go on and feud with Lucha bros and Santana/Ortiz for the titles.

·
Hiding in the shadows
998 Posts
It's almost like an apples to oranges comparison. While Night 1 is solid, Night 2 is the more important show on paper. The order and presentation of the matches are vital to the flow and hook, of what's still to come.

For the first hour, I'd open with Jungle Express vs MJF/Wardlow, followed by Shida vs Ford, then Santana/Ortiz vs Private Party, running into the second hour, with Cody vs Hager and to close the show, Omega/Page vs Best Friends. There should be an interview/hype segment put in somewhere (someone wrestling on Night 2) and I would expect recap video-packages to round out the show. I don't know if AEW can counter the sudden "light-bulb idea" of Io vs Sasha on NXT. Cody vs Hager will not keep viewers from switching over. That's why they must close with Omega/Page vs Best Friends. That's the biggest match of the night, hands-down. They must also have Cassidy ringside, with Jericho eventually coming out to avenge last weeks beat-down, which then creates the hook, leading into their match on Night 2.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,909 Posts
Should be a great Wednesday night of Wrestling. I'll watch AEW live then watch the Sasha/Io match straight after so I'm likely going to stay off here, twitter and reddit on Wednesday night to avoid spoilers.
I'm actually contemplating watching NXT live this week and watching the Dynamite replay after. Will decide the night of. Big Sasha Banks fan. These Wednesday night wars are great for wrestling fans because now we have 2 good shows to look forward to. Hopefully Tony claps back in the All Out build, which will eventually lead to NXT clapping back with Lee vs Kross and maybe the return of Demon Balor. Excited for the next 3 months for both brands.

My thoughts:

Best Friends vs Omega & Page: This will probably main event. I would put this up against the Io vs Sasha Night 1 main event. It's still gonna lose but this match has the best chance at retaining live viewers because of the possible Omega/Page heel turn. Should be a good match with Best Friends winning at the end. If they want to build to Hangman/Omega at All Out, then something huge needs to happen here.

Cody vs Hager: This one goes to Cody. Hopefully we get an Archer attack or a PAC return, assuming he can get back in. Probably not though considering that cases in FL have skyrocketed. Which is a shame because PAC would be the perfect guy to take the title at the PPV.

Shida vs Ford: Shida will get a dominant win. I would give them 8-10 minutes though so Penelope Ford can show some of her talent. Haven't seen much from her.

Private Party vs Santana/Ortiz: I'm thinking Santana/Ortiz win here which continues the tutelage storyline between Matt and PP. Then Santana/Ortiz feud with Best Friends probably. Make it a 3-way feud with Lucha Bros. I miss the days of 3 way tag feuds like Edge/Chrisitian vs Hardyz vs Dudleyz.

MJF/Wardlow vs Jurassic Express: This one should be pretty good too. All of these guys can go at a high level. MJF/Wadlow to win here. Then we hopefully move on to MJF/Mox.

Night 1 should be decent, but Night 2 is the better card for sure. The 8 man tag, Jericho/OC, Archers return, and Mox/Cage all sound great.

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
Of the 5 matches on Night 1, I would say 2 of them really excite me.

Omega & Hangman vs. Best Friends could be a really good one. Part of me wants to see the Omega and Hangman title reign end and both move onto singles runs. But, I just don't see the Best Friends being the team to dethrone Omega & Page. I just don't see them that high on the card yet. Then again, if any titles are going to change hands at Fyter Fest, it will be the tag titles.

MJF & Wardlow vs. Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus could be another fun one, if for nothing else we can see more MJF vs. Junngle Boy in some spots. I know Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus have lost a lot lately, but I don't see them losing here, mainly to keep them strong.

I don't care about Cody vs. Hager at all. Cody retains, maybe he moves onto his next feud as soon as after the match. Over and done with.

Hikaru vs. Ford could be decent. Thing is, Ford's not really ready for this kind of match against Shida, I feel. But there division is so barren that they had to have something on this show. Shida retains, we move on.

And Profits vs. LAX sounds like a good match on paper though I don't really care about either team at the moment.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,909 Posts
Of the 5 matches on Night 1, I would say 2 of them really excite me.

Omega & Hangman vs. Best Friends could be a really good one. Part of me wants to see the Omega and Hangman title reign end and both move onto singles runs. But, I just don't see the Best Friends being the team to dethrone Omega & Page. I just don't see them that high on the card yet. Then again, if any titles are going to change hands at Fyter Fest, it will be the tag titles.

MJF & Wardlow vs. Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus could be another fun one, if for nothing else we can see more MJF vs. Junngle Boy in some spots. I know Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus have lost a lot lately, but I don't see them losing here, mainly to keep them strong.

I don't care about Cody vs. Hager at all. Cody retains, maybe he moves onto his next feud as soon as after the match. Over and done with.

Hikaru vs. Ford could be decent. Thing is, Ford's not really ready for this kind of match against Shida, I feel. But there division is so barren that they had to have something on this show. Shida retains, we move on.

And Profits vs. LAX sounds like a good match on paper though I don't really care about either team at the moment.
You trying to say all black people look alike? lol jk

1 - 20 of 747 Posts