Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
22,269 Posts
They need to knock whatever Mox does out the park. Because he's about to have 3 straight title matches with meh to bleh build up. Like idk if booking is to blame or Mox. But Jericho didn't have this problem of feeling like a background champion.

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
Are you really making the argument OC moves more money than HHH?
relatively yes.
absolutely, obviously not.

Don’t you think beating Cody should warrant a little more “story” than Jurassic Express? Better yet, since I do love Jungle Boy getting the exposure, don’t you think they should be getting more time than goddamn QT Marshall to develop this story further than “he thinks he’s more of the future than that other guy”

Scouting? He went from wanting to kill Cody to scouting and only having about a minute and a half of TV time since losing to Cody. Buried.

It didn’t have to be put on the back burner, though. They could have easily done some vignettes, kept Omega’s booking strong in single’s action given he just had the fantastic Iron Man Match win over Pac, using that to further shove a wedge between Hangman and Kenny.

They chose to literally do nothing with them. Much like the rest of the roster, outside of Cody and Jericho.

I appreciate your honesty and understand why you want to see things play out on the previously mentioned subjects. I used to preach patience, let the story evolve, but that goodwill has run out.

Outside of Jericho and Cody’s bookings, I’m not sure anyone’s stories have a payoff, unless you’re a new acquisition. Even then, the bookings end the minute the new wears off you.
like i said, im willing to give AEW the patience around Archer - i'm a massive fan of Archer - i enjoyed him back when he was riding with Hemme.
I agree that the Page/omega storyline didn't need to be put on the back burner. They seemingly dropped it after we saw them get back on the same page - HOWEVER, i think that's just a set up for a swerve. We shall see over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I mean the truth is WWE is hotter than AEW, which is why they do bigger numbers .
Of course... that is why ’The Bold and The Beautiful’ generates more Buzz than Westworld too

how could I have been so blind :D :D

the long-standing show with the bigger number is always ‘hotter’ than the new show

·
Registered
22,269 Posts
Of course... that is why ’The Bold and The Beautiful’ generates more Buzz than Westworld too

the long-standing show with the bigger number is always ‘hotter’ than the new show
You're being snarky, but yeah you are being blind. Seriously by what metric are you going to argue AEW is hotter and has more buzz? It's certainly not ratings or viewership, it's definitely not social media engagement, it's for sure not on YouTube his views on their official page or even fan discussion. So what metric are you using besides your own personal preference?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Who in the current wrestling world - not the past - now - is hotter and with more buzz? the past is gone, we can only go by today

there’s story snippets everywhere / BTE, Sammy’s vlog, their twitter, their youtube - for example, the whole Hangman thing began on BTE

but, there’s a lot of humour and kayfabe breaking there too - I’m sure you’ve watched some

just scroll through the video thread, there’s tons
Well, WWE has more buzz but you've quickly poo pooed that one. NXT must be pretty hot since it does similar numbers to AEW without the millions of dollars in star power AEW has. Didn't Total Bellas just outrate AEW? That's probably hotter. NJPW is definitely hotter if we're counting international promotions.

To be fair though everything is quite cold. I spoke recently about NXT airing in the local bar area at a club I frequent alongside the rugby league and English Premier League. If AEW is so hot why wasn't it AEW on the TV? Hell, the AEW guys come out here to Australia every now and then and whilst it's a popular show they're generally running 300-600 seat buildings and not selling out. Again, if they're this incredibly hot product why are their top guys only drawing super smart marks here in Australia?

Even looking at their YouTube page, Jim Cornette an irrelevant manager stuck in the 1980's (AEW fans words not mine) talking about Howard Stern's views on AEW has more views than AEW's World Champion doing a promo, the AEW Dynamite post show, Ricky Starks debut, Colt Cabana joining The Dark Order, Britt Baker, Abadon's debut and the AEW Dynamite pre show (Featuring Cody). Seems like every segment from the hottest show in wrestling with the most buzz would easily be able to outdo Cornette commenting on Howard Stern especially when you've got a pre show featuring someone like Cody.

I have indeed watched snippets from Be The Elite before it's terrible and doesn't move main AEW stories forward. I did see one edition of Sammy's vlog where he just went from being injured to uninjured back to injured on TV. These must be the deep stories you're talking about.

Thanks for answering though. They should be putting story moving content on TNT not the wanky web show.

See above. If it's the hottest for you then that's cool but nobody really cares about AEW on any major scale except the hardcore wrestling fans.

You're being snarky, but yeah you are being blind. Seriously by what metric are you going to argue AEW is hotter and has more buzz? It's certainly not ratings or viewership, it's definitely not social media engagement, it's for sure not on YouTube his views on their official page or even fan discussion. So what metric are you using besides your own personal preference?
Exactamondo.

When Jim Cornette's clips from his podcast are outdoing your World Champion cutting a promo ahead of an upcoming title match you're in trouble.

·
Registered
22,269 Posts
Exactamondo.

When Jim Cornette's clips from his podcast are outdoing your World Champion cutting a promo ahead of an upcoming title match you're in trouble.
I don't think they're in trouble. But I do think it's over hype to call them the hottest thing with the most buzz in wrestling. It just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. But I think it's just a thing in most genres though, where whatever is popular with the most hardcore of fans it gets built up a little bigger than it is. You see it in gaming with indie games a lot.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,947 Posts
I'm glad to see Santana getting a singles match - I was worried they may have given us Hager/Hardy which would have been bad - I hope they have Santana go over, but I have my doubts. Surely, they'd have had Sammy go over Hardy again?

I've heard they've changed the tag match from FTR vs. Natural Nightmares to FTR vs. SCU, which in all honesty interests me a lot more.

Hopefully we see some vignettes or a bit more of Ricky Starks, he has true potential to be a star for this company so it'd be cool to get that going right off the bat following his match last week with Cody - talking of Cody, no open challenge this week? Or were we going to get one and the person has since been hit by the allegations of the past week? Man, this has been a LONG 7 days since the last show hasn't it!?

Wardlow vs. Luchasaurus could be good, but I have my doubts. Wardlow is still obviously green, whilst impressively explosive and Luchasaurus is very wooden and choreographed in his movements. Just want to see a nice hoss fight between the two but I am worried we'll get some "Look how impressive I am for a big man" spots between the two of them which will all eventually lead to a brawl between Wardlow/MJF and Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy which will probably be booked for Fyter Fest next week as a Tag Team match.

Moxley/Cage for me personally have been killing it a bit - whilst it's hard to truly get heat without an audience, I think they've played Cage up to be a much bigger threat than any other of Moxleys opponents (Hager, Brodie) and Moxley has seemed more interested in this one with regards to his promos. Hopefully they have something good for us tonight.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I don't think they're in trouble. But I do think it's over hype to call them the hottest thing with the most buzz in wrestling. It just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. But I think it's just a thing in most genres though, where whatever is popular with the most hardcore of fans it gets built up a little bigger than it is. You see it in gaming with indie games a lot.
In trouble in terms of interest not in trouble of existing.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
you’re right

wwe has more buzz

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Really? I just don't care for Kaz or Scorpio they're just generic "good workers" to me
There isn't much to them I agree but they wrestle a realistic style when they want to (They do love a bit of comedy every now and then though), all look the part and can work. If it's an 8-10 minute match with FTR getting the victory I think it has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
22,269 Posts
There isn't much to them I agree but they wrestle a realistic style when they want to (They do love a bit of comedy every now and then though), all look the part and can work. If it's an 8-10 minute match with FTR getting the victory I think it has a lot of potential.
Idk I liked prime Daniels. But yeah idk I guess with Kaz and Scorpio once you're the hundredth guy to do a style it stands out less lol. It's sort of like how being an athletic big man with a flip or two is slowly becoming less impressive.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Idk I liked prime Daniels. But yeah idk I guess with Kaz and Scorpio once you're the hundredth guy to do a style it stands out less lol. It's sort of like how being an athletic big man with a flip or two is slowly becoming less impressive.
Oh yeah, I remember when Mike Awesome was doing big dives to the floor and it was super impressive but now it'd be really "Meh".

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,943 Posts
I mean, seriously: what good is this fucking story doing anyone? Are Butcher and Blade worthy of having a story going with FTR while apparently secretively having Allie working the Natural Nightmares? Are QT Marshall and Dustin important enough to be working an angle that requires airtime every week that possibly leads to them either losing in a non-title match or possibly splitting the team up?

And what does it say about Wardlow and MJF, Kenny Omega and Hangman, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, Lance Archer and Jake Roberts, etc that they don’t even HAVE storylines!?

But nah...this is just Omega and friends enjoying comedy. It has nothing to do with Cody and his selfish fucking nature. He’s showing himself to be worse than HHH.
Lol I hope you get to meet Cody in real life at some point so that you can challenge him to a legit street fight

41 - 60 of 536 Posts