Wrestling Forum banner

521 - 536 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
22,251 Posts
Lol.... how do I prove my love?

I dig the Dark Order, what can I say - is there a support group for people like me?

am I an outcast now in the world of wrestling? Fuck, i’ll take it one further, I like Marko Stunt too - the HORROR! :D

for balance, I don’t like Hardy, so there’s that
You just can't lol. At this point I can't see what's to like about them other than potential, which for me should be over lol

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Does anyone think FTR's characters are a little weird right now?

"We're 5'10"" (they're basically about average size for AEW tag teams. Bigger than The Young Bucks)

"We don't have an athletic background, JR!". (They are a decorated professional wrestling tag team. Is wrestling not real? Also, JR heckin' loves The Revival.)

Also, are the deliberately doing their finish as a gutbuster instead of a codebreaker out of respect for Jericho, or is their timing a bit off?
YB and FTR are same height - can see it when they face off - in fact, Nick‘s the tallest i think?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Someone needs to sit the roster down in front of some WWC brawls and show how it is done Hansen/Brody V Anybody or Colon/Abdullah perhaps because AEW brawls are absolutely atrocious

At least the catching seems to be better although why no-one actually moves out the way after the long pause takes away the realism significantly

Brodie Lee botcher of the week, needs some ring attire that does more for his glutimus maximus

Still really enjoyed Lucha/Wardlow and shame we missed Natural Nightmares V FTR

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
FTR was discussing their height to say they don’t look the part (a GOOD shot at Vince’s vision of wrestling), and they’re not the athletes that JR usually spots in a crowd, but that doesn’t stop them from being the best in the world.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really liked Dynamite this week after finding last week's a bit boring. So I was surprised to see the low ratings.

The Lumberjack Match was fun and I was glad Wardlow won. Am I the only one who sees serious potential in this guy? He has Hollywood looks and is very athletic. AEW needs more slobberknockers with these hosses.

One thing I didn't like was Brodie selling so much for Janela/Sonny. He should swat these guys like flies, but it's that whole issue of competitiveness in AEW. I'm not really feeling the Brodie/Colt angle at all and Brodie has lost his steam. Janela/Kiss did show potential as a team but given the tag depth this company has, they are better off on Dark.

It was nice to see Archer out there kicking someone's ass, now please do something with him again.

FTR vs. SCU was an excellent tag match, clearly the best match of the show. They're definitely building to a Horsemen angle and the commentators even spoke about it during the match. This match was so smooth and well structured. The post-match angle was good too, very happy to see the Lucha Bros back. AEW is booking the tag division better than the singles.

Good squash for Cage and very good promo by Taz. Now, will Cage follow the Brodie and Archer path after he loses to Mox and lose steam?

Hardy vs. Santana is where the show lost me. I was just bored to be honest and it didn't feel like a de facto main event. I'm wondering if they're heading towards Hardy vs. Jericho at the next PPV in a clash of the 'legends' type deal.

I get the logic as to why they're putting Orange Cassidy in a program with Jericho - to capitalize on his popularity - but I don't find him convincing. He's a novelty act and I don't personally see him as much more. Jericho should go over decisively at Fyter Fest.

As a final note, one thing that bothers me about AEW is the amount of moments where you can see a wrestler on the outside just watching and waiting for someone to do a dive. Watch the part where Colt is just stood there WATCHING Kiss and Janela for what felt like an eternity. It's really awkward and business exposing.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I wanted call out one thing that they seem to have learned and listened to and what they need to do more; they actually showed a clip from Dark to explain and build something for those of us that don’t watch it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cody having a press conference with himself.

Such a Cody thing to do. The ego of this guy. I hope Hager smashes him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know he gets a mixed reaction but I do think Jim Cornette`s comments on the Lucha/Wardlow match are for the most spot on

Really enjoyed the match but as a free TV opening match with confused lumberjacks just to book a PPV match, not a good call

The participants have so much potential but it was nearer Big Sky v Vinnie Vegas rather than Big Van Vader V Scott Norton, I really hope that both are really developed because I feel both could be superstars under Mr McMahon

Enjoyable but could be so much more

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Wait, I thought he stopped watching AEW.... Color me shocked.

Anyway, while Wardlow's impressive he's still kinda green and Luchasaurus isn't the best wrestler out there. Of course things could've better.
Match was good. The aftermath was a mess.

521 - 536 of 536 Posts