Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
The Jericho and OC stuff will fall somewhere between ridiculous or hilarious.

If you saw my thread from last week, I hope they actually have Mox in a prime spot on the show to build to Fyter Fest. The segments they've had in the past few weeks haven't been bad, but for a World Championship feud it hasn't been featured as such with blink and you miss them segments.

I expect more heel teases from Cody and Arn with the match/press conference. Given that it's Cody segment, I expect a lot of pomp and circumstance.

It takes me a lot to care about Dark Order and Brodie teaming with Colt ain't it. I'm at least somewhat interested to see Sonny and Janela's first match on Dynamite.

Luchasaurus vs. Wardlow is a match they've held off for awhile and I'm excited to finally see it happen. I imagine Wardlow wins as I think they want to keep him stronger right now.

FTR facing off with Dustin should be fun. I just hope there aren't too many shenanigans.

And with Matt vs. Santana, well, it's hard to care that much given the circumstances around the match. We'll see what they do going forward.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You’re proving my point

what is the point in discussing this with you?

Now I have to explain to you why I think BTE is quality content? Or why I think they are the hottest thing going, even though we’re discussing this on their forum - which proves the point

or why I think Woods, Cult03 and some others are so walled off in their opinions that it makes it worthless to even have a discussion?

Now i have to type all this shit out, just for you to go ‘no but, they could be, but....’

is this life now? Is this fun?

fuck it - I’m going back into my echo chamber
You guys very rarely explain why these things are your opinion. It's almost worthless having a conversation with any of you as you just say "This is a fact" and then when questioned you have a hissy fit. It's childish crap. Also if you aren't going to bother engaging in a proper dialogue, or you plan on continuing in your echo chamber then stop fucking talking about us. Also I'll repeat, having us on ignore means you've missed a bunch of fantasy booking, positive AEW stuff and have created a warped opinion based on arguments we had months ago. You don't even have a fucking clue about my opinions, so stop talking about them.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Now I have to explain to you why I think BTE is quality content? Or why I think they are the hottest thing going, even though we’re discussing this on their forum - which proves the point
No, I simply disagreed with you on them being hot. They are hot with a certain part of the internet wrestling community but it's not like WCW in 1996 where the entire entertainment world took notice and got excited about them, it hasn't got hot like ECW where it was turn away sellouts and changed the business and it certainly hasn't got as hot as WWF in the Attitude Era where wrestling was up there with Howard Stern and South Park as the hottest programs in the United States.

I never asked you to explain why BTE is quality content I just asked you where the story line development occurs if it's not on TV. Is it on BTE? Dark? I'm actually craving legitimate story telling from AEW so I may just tune in and watch if the story stuff is elsewhere.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,909 Posts
Show looks pretty decent tomorrow. Can't say that I'm pumped like other weeks but I'm looking forward to it for sure.

Jericho/OC Face-Off - This should be alright, just hoping for some good dialogue and OC may even speak for the first time in AEW. I don't really get the OC hate personally. The lazy shit is just a gimmick, a gimmick that's super over at that. I don't mind him mixing it up with Jericho. He has proven multiple times that when push comes to shove, he takes things seriously in the ring and puts in major work in his matches. I've been enjoying the feud personally. Jericho could be doing better than OC, but it's all good, everyone can't be at the top all the time. Once Jericho does whatever he needs to do with Tyson, we'll probably see him putting over Sammy Guevara or feuding with someone like Hangman. As it stands now though, there's not much he can do. Everyone important is mixed up in something else or he has already feuded with.

Jon Moxley in Action - Always good to see Moxley. I'm sure we will get a Brian Cage appearance and some major shit talk from Taz. The feud could be more in depth than it is now, but I think the build has been good enough for a free TV special honestly. If this was the build to a major big 4 PPV though, I'd gladly admit that it's lazy. For Fyter Fest, its fine.

Cody Press Conference - Not sure what to expect here. Is Cody defending the title tomorrow? Are we just getting an in-ring promo with him and Hager set up like an MMA press conference? If they went the MMA route that would be cool. I liked how Jericho and Moxley did a boxing type weigh-in before their match so more of that kind of stuff is welcome.

Brodie/Cabana vs Bad Romance - Dark Order is guaranteed to win. This is just to build on the Colt Cabana heel turn story though. Hopefully we see more Anna Jay.

Luchasaurus vs Wardlow - Hyped for this. They're gonna beat the shit out of each other. I am assuming AEW will have its own rendition of the lumberjack match. We will get more MJF/Jungle Boy stuff and it'll lead to MJF/Wardlow vs Jurassic Express at Fyter Fest, which I am looking forward to. Then we can hopefully move on to MJF/Mox.

Hardy vs Santana - Damn, I was looking forward to Sammy. This I don't really care for.

FTR VS Natural Nightmares - This should be a good hard-hitting match too. Looking forward to seeing more non-WWE FTR. Their match with Butcher and The Blade was great. This will also lead to Brandi vs Allie at Fyter Fest probably, which is gonna suck, but Brandi is hot af, so as long as it doesn't go more than 5 minutes I don't mind.

Hikaru Shida in Action - I guess we get a squash match with some Britt Baker/Big Swole stuff during or after.

Yet ANOTHER week with no mention of Archer. .
I got a good feeling we will see him back on Dynamite soon. He's been destroying people on Dark and has a 7-1 record, so I'm sure he will back on the main show in a new feud for All Out. There's no one for him to feud with right now. Some say give him Luchasaurus, but he and Wardlow have been semi-feuding for a while now and they finally pulled the trigger on the Wardlow match.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
No, I simply disagreed with you on them being hot. They are hot with a certain part of the internet wrestling community but it's not like WCW in 1996 where the entire entertainment world took notice and got excited about them, it hasn't got hot like ECW where it was turn away sellouts and changed the business and it certainly hasn't got as hot as WWF in the Attitude Era where wrestling was up there with Howard Stern and South Park as the hottest programs in the United States.

I never asked you to explain why BTE is quality content I just asked you where the story line development occurs if it's not on TV. Is it on BTE? Dark? I'm actually craving legitimate story telling from AEW so I may just tune in and watch if the story stuff is elsewhere.
Who in the current wrestling world - not the past - now - is hotter and with more buzz? the past is gone, we can only go by today

there’s story snippets everywhere / BTE, Sammy’s vlog, their twitter, their youtube - for example, the whole Hangman thing began on BTE

but, there’s a lot of humour and kayfabe breaking there too - I’m sure you’ve watched some

just scroll through the video thread, there’s tons

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Jericho v Orange Cassidy is not a Joke Angle - it is one of the hottest things on the card
Jericho vs. Cassady being "the hottest" angle is similar to HHH vs. R-Truth being the "hottest" angle on RAW and people would shit on that like horses after eating chili...

But it is a subjective topic, but I can understand @Chip Chipperson and agree with him :)

EDIT: Im also interested to see if they adress the #speakingout situation with Sammy.

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
Jericho vs. Cassady being "the hottest" angle is similar to HHH vs. R-Truth being the "hottest" angle on RAW and people would shit on that like horses after eating chili...

But it is a subjective topic, but I can understand @Chip Chipperson and agree with him :)

EDIT: Im also interested to see if they adress the #speakingout situation with Sammy.
unlike Truth and Trips, OC moves merchandise and unlike current day truth, OC has shown that he moves away from comedy when needed. Last week for example.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
unlike Truth and Trips, OC moves merchandise and unlike current day truth, OC has shown that he moves away from comedy when needed. Last week for example.
I just made a random example of "big shot" and comedy act. But the "moving away from comedy", Truth had multiple heel turns and was also less comedy when he had title matches etc.

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
I just made a random example of "big shot" and comedy act. But the "moving away from comedy", Truth had multiple heel turns and was also less comedy when he had title matches etc.
yea but then you have nullified your own argument. The days you're talking about are the days when Truth wasn't doing any comedy. That's not comparable to what OC is doing.

Truth's comedy gimmick is also about lacking in IQ points. OC acts like he's not bothered. Two different gimmicks.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts

It depends on where they go with it. For example, when Zack Ryder became a meme and started selling a bunch of merch, WWE put him in an angle with John Cena designed to completely bury Zack.

So, when a comedy act got over, WWE saw it as a problem that needed to be solved, whereas, AEW seems to be leaning into it with OC. It remains to be seen whether this approach is better I suppose.

·
Registered
161 Posts
wow looks terrible lol. Will watch Lucha vs Wardlow.

Jericho vs Cassidy and the dark order match wow..

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Goddamn, if it isn’t enough that Cody gets more airtime than the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT champion, they now have his goddamn brother and best friend on TV more than anyone fucking else.

FUCK YOU, CODY! FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It depends on where they go with it. For example, when Zack Ryder became a meme and started selling a bunch of merch, WWE put him in an angle with John Cena designed to completely bury Zack.

So, when a comedy act got over, WWE saw it as a problem that needed to be solved, whereas, AEW seems to be leaning into it with OC. It remains to be seen whether this approach is better I suppose.
but for me this is lose/lose. if OC wins and after that goes back to doing comedy it devalues Jericho and does nothing for OC. If he loses and both move on it also devalues Jericho and OC gained nothing from it. Only thing I can see that being good is, if OC wins and "loses" his comedy gimmick.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Tell em' bdon!
I mean, seriously: what good is this fucking story doing anyone? Are Butcher and Blade worthy of having a story going with FTR while apparently secretively having Allie working the Natural Nightmares? Are QT Marshall and Dustin important enough to be working an angle that requires airtime every week that possibly leads to them either losing in a non-title match or possibly splitting the team up?

And what does it say about Wardlow and MJF, Kenny Omega and Hangman, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, Lance Archer and Jake Roberts, etc that they don’t even HAVE storylines!?

But nah...this is just Omega and friends enjoying comedy. It has nothing to do with Cody and his selfish fucking nature. He’s showing himself to be worse than HHH.

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
I mean, seriously: what good is this fucking story doing anyone? Are Butcher and Blade worthy of having a story going with FTR while apparently secretively having Allie working the Natural Nightmares? Are QT Marshall and Dustin important enough to be working an angle that requires airtime every week that possibly leads to them either losing in a non-title match or possibly splitting the team up?

And what does it say about Wardlow and MJF, Kenny Omega and Hangman, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, Lance Archer and Jake Roberts, etc that they don’t even HAVE storylines!?

But nah...this is just Omega and friends enjoying comedy. It has nothing to do with Cody and his selfish fucking nature. He’s showing himself to be worse than HHH.
Wardlow and MJF have a storyline. They are currently beefing with Jurassic Express.
I agree fully about Lance Archer and Jake Roberts btw - it's CRIMINAL how he's basically been forgotten about. HOWEVER, i am willing to give AEW a chance here, considering that the other week they were scouting for someone.
Kenny Omega and Hangman's storyline has been put on back burner and I hope it will be restarted at FF.

Otherwise yeah I agree with you. Mr Ordinary has had too much TV time already for my liking. Dustin I don't mind. However, keep that shit on DARK.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Wardlow and MJF have a storyline. They are currently beefing with Jurassic Express.
Don’t you think beating Cody should warrant a little more “story” than Jurassic Express? Better yet, since I do love Jungle Boy getting the exposure, don’t you think they should be getting more time than goddamn QT Marshall to develop this story further than “he thinks he’s more of the future than that other guy”

I agree fully about Lance Archer and Jake Roberts btw - it's CRIMINAL how he's basically been forgotten about. HOWEVER, i am willing to give AEW a chance here, considering that the other week they were scouting for someone.
Scouting? He went from wanting to kill Cody to scouting and only having about a minute and a half of TV time since losing to Cody. Buried.

Kenny Omega and Hangman's storyline has been put on back burner and I hope it will be restarted at FF.
It didn’t have to be put on the back burner, though. They could have easily done some vignettes, kept Omega’s booking strong in single’s action given he just had the fantastic Iron Man Match win over Pac, using that to further shove a wedge between Hangman and Kenny.

They chose to literally do nothing with them. Much like the rest of the roster, outside of Cody and Jericho.

Otherwise yeah I agree with you. Mr Ordinary has had too much TV time already for my liking. Dustin I don't mind. However, keep that shit on DARK.
I appreciate your honesty and understand why you want to see things play out on the previously mentioned subjects. I used to preach patience, let the story evolve, but that goodwill has run out.

Outside of Jericho and Cody’s bookings, I’m not sure anyone’s stories have a payoff, unless you’re a new acquisition. Even then, the bookings end the minute the new wears off you.

·
Registered
22,246 Posts
Excited for the Janela match and Wardlow vs Luchasaurus. This would be a good match to end in a no contest or DQ to set up for a tag match at FyterFest.

Who in the current wrestling world - not the past - now - is hotter and with more buzz? the past is gone, we can only go by today

there’s story snippets everywhere / BTE, Sammy’s vlog, their twitter, their youtube - for example, the whole Hangman thing began on BTE

but, there’s a lot of humour and kayfabe breaking there too - I’m sure you’ve watched some

just scroll through the video thread, there’s tons
I mean the truth is WWE is hotter than AEW, which is why they do bigger numbers .

AEW needs to break away from telling stories on non-Dynamite platforms. The majority of folk don't want to seek out additional material to get the full story. But if they must build stories on BTE and Dark then they really need to put it over on TV better.

Are you really making the argument OC moves more merch than HHH?

21 - 40 of 536 Posts