Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Can't say I'm too pumped up for this one. Luchasaurus Vs Wardlow could be good but also could be bad especially with the lumberjack stip that will no doubt see Marko, MJF, Jungle Boy and others get involved.

Moxley depending on his opponent could be fun. Cody we're only seeing press conference highlights from so is he done defending the title weekly after just a month? Jericho and Cassidy facing off is just going to be cringe.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Yeah... card looks good actually

this is almost a mini go-home for Fyter

Anybody know if its live? Or was it taped with the last 2 shows?

I’m guessing live as NN would not have been able to do 2 matches in one night

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yeah... card looks good actually

this is almost a mini go-home for Fyter

Anybody know if its live? Or was it taped with the last 2 shows?

I’m guessing live as NN would not have been able to do 2 matches in one night
Not saying you're wrong but in what way is this card strong?

- Jericho Vs Orange Cassidy is a total joke angle

- Brodie Lee and Colt Cabana Vs Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss is going to be comedy as well (Three comedy guys in the one match). You could very well make an argument that Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss aren't even good enough to be TV wrestlers.

- Wardlow Vs Luchasaurus the more I think about it is going to have shenanigans in it that is going to ruin a big man brawl. Also, wasn't the theory on here that they were saving this for PPV?

- Matt Hardy Vs Santana will be cringey comedy.

- FTR Vs The Nightmares should be acceptable but my fear is it'll be entirely too long. Also, are we still arguing that QT Marshall isn't getting a big push?

Of course you're entitled to your opinion just wondering what appeals about what looks like a pretty lackluster card.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Not saying you're wrong but in what way is this card strong?

- Jericho Vs Orange Cassidy is a total joke angle

- Brodie Lee and Colt Cabana Vs Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss is going to be comedy as well (Three comedy guys in the one match). You could very well make an argument that Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss aren't even good enough to be TV wrestlers.

- Wardlow Vs Luchasaurus the more I think about it is going to have shenanigans in it that is going to ruin a big man brawl. Also, wasn't the theory on here that they were saving this for PPV?

- Matt Hardy Vs Santana will be cringey comedy.

- FTR Vs The Nightmares should be acceptable but my fear is it'll be entirely too long. Also, are we still arguing that QT Marshall isn't getting a big push?

Of course you're entitled to your opinion just wondering what appeals about what looks like a pretty lackluster card.
I’m not saying you’re wrong but

Jericho v Orange Cassidy is not a Joke Angle - it is one of the hottest things on the card

Dark Order v Bad Romance has story implications for Brody + the first time we’re seeing the new team on tv

Lucha v Wardlow is 2 big men clashing that has been teased quite a few times

Matt Hardy v Santana...... I’ll give you that

FTR v NN will be a good match 🤷‍♂️

It’s always funny how many times you guys (yes, i’m now grouping together) says so much ‘we just want to make it better’ / ‘or I enjoy half of it’ and we should just accept it

but you all seem to really struggle to comprehend that on the flip side a large part of us enjoy the different programs they have going

including Dark order, and Orange Cassidy and Cody’s stuff

basically everything except Matt Hardy

so, why is it a shock I would think it is a good card? I’ve been on here for years, it is quite clear what I like :D :D

for me, its a strong card filled with stuff I want to see - just accept it the same way I accept your half-the-time bashing

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm hyped for Wardlow vs Luchasaurus. These two can really go. Not sure about the Lumberjack stip or who I want to win this. Probably Wardlow, as I personally see star potential in him.

No problem with the rest, except I don't think Janela/Kiss should be on the main show.

When is Pac allowed to return? They did a video package with him weeks ago, but nothing since.

·
Lucas Landslide
1,605 Posts
Only really interested in Wardlow vs Lucha but not a fan of Lumberjack matches so dont know how serious it will be.

Want to see FTR Again feels fresh watching them in AEW

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I’m not saying you’re wrong but

Jericho v Orange Cassidy is not a Joke Angle - it is one of the hottest things on the card

Dark Order v Bad Romance has story implications for Brody + the first time we’re seeing the new team on tv

Lucha v Wardlow is 2 big men clashing that has been teased quite a few times

Matt Hardy v Santana...... I’ll give you that

FTR v NN will be a good match 🤷‍♂️

It’s always funny how many times you guys (yes, i’m now grouping together) says so much ‘we just want to make it better’ / ‘or I enjoy half of it’ and we should just accept it

but you all seem to really struggle to comprehend that on the flip side a large part of us enjoy the different programs they have going

including Dark order, and Orange Cassidy and Cody’s stuff

basically everything except Matt Hardy

so, why is it a shock I would think it is a good card? I’ve been on here for years, it is quite clear what I like :D :D

for me, its a strong card filled with stuff I want to see - just accept it the same way I accept your half-the-time bashing
Jericho Vs Orange Cassidy is a total jokey comedy angle which shouldn't even be happening. I recall you're big on OC which is fine but the dude is a comedy guy in a main event angle hence why I called it a joke. The top heel beat the shit out of the face with a bag of oranges it's hardly serious.

The rest, fair enough. If you like it you like it I just don't see anything exciting there.

We do say that but it's usually in reference to people criticising us or asking why we watch. I understand and believe you guys do enjoy the product but I can't see how. This is the go home edition before a heavily hyped two week TV special and take a look at the feuds.

Cage/Moxley - Cage won a ladder match for a title shot, Taz randomly hates Moxley, they brawled in a parking lot and have both been talking about how tough they are.

Cody/Hager - Cody read Hager's mind about wanting a title shot at Fyter Fest. Hager watched Cody on a monitor

Jericho/Orange - Orange interrupted Jericho's promo time and got beaten with a bag of oranges. Cassidy then proceeded to dress as a cameraman, film the entirety of Jericho's match and then beat him up in the least convincing brawl since the AEW missed punches debacle.

If that's your thing and what you like in a story that's fine but lets not pretend these stories actually have depth and that it's not hard for the average fan to see just how good this company is.

·
Registered
22,251 Posts
Why aren't they doing Jericho vs OC at FyterFest?

Oops nevermind this week is a faceoff. Wonder if they'll get a stipulation

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
We do say that but it's usually in reference to people criticising us or asking why we watch. I understand and believe you guys do enjoy the product but I can't see how. This is the go home edition before a heavily hyped two week TV special and take a look at the feuds.

If that's your thing and what you like in a story that's fine but lets not pretend these stories actually have depth and that it's not hard for the average fan to see just how good this company is.
- Orange / Jericho - disagree

- Bolded point: and we usually have to keep defending stuff we like from people that keep telling us its dumb. It is draining. That is why half the squad is on mute. its been a long time since I’ve had to defend what I like as much as on this FAN FORUM / and that says more about the detractors than the fans

- The rest, just your opinion which I disagree with, or just don’t want to talk about

- Underlined point: They actually have great depth. But you guys famously refuse to watch the shoulder content where a lot of context is given / or get to know the characters / or even buy into the characters to start with.

What is the point in debating it under these circumstances? It is just the same circle. They’ll largely do stuff I like and they’ll largely do stuff that annoys you

but we’ll still end up chatting in the AEW forums, because no matter how many times you guys want to discount it or bash it.... and listen close now.... you all know AEW is the hottest shit going In the wrestling world - and it isn‘t even close. There is no competition for the buzz they have from any company.

Otherwise you all would be elsewhere talking about that and this forum would be as dead as TNAs, or NWAs or NJPW or ROH

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
- Bolded point: and we usually have to keep defending stuff we like from people that keep telling us its dumb. It is draining. That is why half the squad is on mute. its been a long time since I’ve had to defend what I like as much as on this FAN FORUM / and that says more about the detractors than the fans

- Underlined point: They actually have great depth. But you guys famously refuse to watch the shoulder content where a lot of context is given / or get to know the characters / or even buy into the characters to start with.

What is the point in debating it under these circumstances? It is just the same circle. They’ll largely do stuff I like and they’ll largely do stuff that annoys you

but we’ll still end up chatting in the AEW forums, because no matter how many times you guys want to discount it or bash it.... and listen close now.... you all know AEW is the hottest shit going In the wrestling world - and it isn‘t even close. There is no competition for the buzz they have from any company.

Otherwise you all would be elsewhere talking about that and this forum would be as dead as TNAs, or NWAs or NJPW or ROH
I very rarely tell people directly that what they like is dumb. Some people like broken Matt and I've given my views on him but never questioned someone. I only asked you today about this card because none of it really appeals to me and I tune in every week now. In regards to the "squad" being on mute I don't know why you guys do that. All of those boys are super respectful (Most of the time) and they're all really intelligent posters who seem to "get it" when it comes to wrestling even if it isn't always positive towards AEW.

They have great depth? Where? On the show where the Teddy Bear shoots lasers from it's eyes and Matt Hardy talks weekly about inside wrestling terms? The main content is meant to be on the TV show and the additional content is meant to be a case where you can watch and get an extra snippet or two of information as a reward for tuning in. The fact they do this backwards (Your words not mine) where they do a ton of story line development on their wanky internet show but do very little on TV seems absolutely ridiculous but I'll take your word on it being true.

In regards to AEW being the hottest shit going in the wrestling world I'd say no to that. They're doing under a million views on TV, they're neck and neck with NXT and no major star wants to go there. When ECW was the hottest shit going in wrestling for the brief period in 95-97 you had big stars giving up gigs to go and work for ECW,. Famously Sunny left the WWF to go to ECW which ended up being a horrible career move but it showed just how hot ECW was.

I will say though that AEW has plenty of potential to become the hottest thing in wrestling but major changes need to occur. Most of the traffic this forum gets is mainly negative so it's hard to spin that as being a good thing.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
I very rarely tell people directly that what they like is dumb. Some people like broken Matt and I've given my views on him but never questioned someone. I only asked you today about this card because none of it really appeals to me and I tune in every week now. In regards to the "squad" being on mute I don't know why you guys do that. All of those boys are super respectful (Most of the time) and they're all really intelligent posters who seem to "get it" when it comes to wrestling even if it isn't always positive towards AEW.

They have great depth? Where? On the show where the Teddy Bear shoots lasers from it's eyes and Matt Hardy talks weekly about inside wrestling terms? The main content is meant to be on the TV show and the additional content is meant to be a case where you can watch and get an extra snippet or two of information as a reward for tuning in. The fact they do this backwards (Your words not mine) where they do a ton of story line development on their wanky internet show but do very little on TV seems absolutely ridiculous but I'll take your word on it being true.

In regards to AEW being the hottest shit going in the wrestling world I'd say no to that. They're doing under a million views on TV, they're neck and neck with NXT and no major star wants to go there. When ECW was the hottest shit going in wrestling for the brief period in 95-97 you had big stars giving up gigs to go and work for ECW,. Famously Sunny left the WWF to go to ECW which ended up being a horrible career move but it showed just how hot ECW was.

I will say though that AEW has plenty of potential to become the hottest thing in wrestling but major changes need to occur. Most of the traffic this forum gets is mainly negative so it's hard to spin that as being a good thing.
You’re proving my point

what is the point in discussing this with you?

Now I have to explain to you why I think BTE is quality content? Or why I think they are the hottest thing going, even though we’re discussing this on their forum - which proves the point

or why I think Woods, Cult03 and some others are so walled off in their opinions that it makes it worthless to even have a discussion?

Now i have to type all this shit out, just for you to go ‘no but, they could be, but....’

is this life now? Is this fun?

fuck it - I’m going back into my echo chamber

1 - 20 of 536 Posts