Lashley vs Apollo US Title
Rollins/Murphy/Theory vs Rey/Black/Carillo No DQ match
Asuka vs Sasha Banks RAW Women's Title
Garza/Almas vs Street Profits Tag Titles
Cesaro/Nakamura vs New Day Tag Titles
Orton vs Big Show No DQ
Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus No DQ
AJ Styles vs Matt Riddle or Bryan IC Title

There's your Extreme Rules card right there.
The tag line should be "We just want to get to SummerSlam already"

·
Registered
659 Posts
McIntyre vs Ziggler WWE Title
Wyatt vs Strowman Universal Title
Orton vs Big Show No DQ

Sitting through a PPV thesedays is tough. And that card there is a four hour one.

Personally I think they should have moved towards weekly 1 hour Sunday night specials on the network (e.g Summer Night Heat, held outside if possible) and just run the big 4 until crowds are back.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
McIntyre vs Ziggler WWE Title
Wyatt vs Strowman Universal Title
Orton vs Big Show No DQ

I belive bayley will be on the card somewhere.
AKA the hey sasha asuka, can yall do us a favor card?

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
Insert random Ziggler title match. @validreasoning I guess you're were right, Drew ain't the #1 guy.

Asuka/Charlotte's ending was shocking. Asuka finally gets her W. Nice little feud between two 2nd generation wrestlers with Nia and Charlotte.

Edge's promo was fire 🔥🔥🔥 you could feel him getting angrier and angrier

I guess Orton is just not into the young talent... He really does bring another side of him when against his generations peers like Edge, Show, Hardys..

Sasha continues her winning streak. This all feels like it's coming to blow soon.
Boom twist. Asuka vs Sasha Extreme Rules. Should be a great match.
Kairi/Asuka vs Bayley/Sasha should also be one hell of a match when it happens.
I fucking love Asuka finally getting some respect around here.

Potential Ruby face turn? I think Ruby has A LOT of potential as a face. Unique look, very good mic skills, good ring work.

Lashley going after the US title is interesting. He has more credibility now.

They made the faces look like geeks there at the end.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Another good RAW from Prichard. That's two weeks in a row now since he took over. Ziggler as a filler feud for McIntyre is nice considering the history, Asuka tapping out Charlotte helped fulfil all the wet dreams of the people on here so hopefully they finally shut the fuck up about Asuka not being booked "properly". Banks challenging Asuka is a little weird since she's not a RAW superstar but i'm not complaining it helps build her story with Bayley. Lashley vs Crews should be fun too, Vikings and Profits entertaining as always. Do I really need to discuss Edge? Everything he touches turns to gold.

8.5/10 RAW for me

·
The Babyface of WF
12,484 Posts
Pretty solid Raw I'll take a few highlights from it.

Asuka finally beat Charlotte clean yeah but it was downplayed by her injury from earlier so if that's what will make the fanbase happy then be all for it but I have a Keen interest just off of Workrate between Asuka and Sasha at ER, In before Bayley shenanigans.

Edge deciding to dig deeper down for his true self was what i was counting on just before he mentioned his more PG Superstar side of himself was put away now we get the real Rated R Superstar the same guy who cashed in MITB in a way that made it famous for years to come, The same Edge who became a permanent Main Event fixture, The same Edge who became The Ultimate Opportunist and Master Manipulator, I love it!

Seth with another brilliant promo this week and attempting to sacrifice Dom was terrific Heel work too bad the crowd is the way it is.

Orton should have Punted Paul tonight to avoid a lackluster ppv match tbf.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I thought RAW was decent this week. Main highlight for me was definitely that Askua/Charlotte match where Charlotte tapped out. Yeah, her arm was hurt before the match. Got to do everything you can to make sure your goldengirl doesn't look too bad. Still nice to see Asuka beat her though. So Dolph Ziggler being traded to RAW and he gets rewarded a WWE Title match against Drew McIntrye? I'm fine with that since the two have history together. Great promo work here.

Street Profits defeated the Viking Raiders to hopefully end their feud for good. Andrade and Garza coming out to attack the Profits I assume means they will be the next challenger. Fire promo from Edge and then followed by Orton. Dont mind seeing Edge return to the Rated R Superstar persona when he comes back. And weeeeeellllllllll, it's the Big Show......he's Orton's next feud which is fine with me too. Nice promo between the two in-ring. Tozawa is the new 24/7 Champ. Cool. Bayley/Banks defeated the IIconics again to probably end their feud. Especially since Sasha says she's jealous of not holding two belts like Bayley. And now wants to go after a singles Title....against Asuka. That should be a good match although Sasha is from Smackdown. Dont mind the Crews stuff with MPV and Lashley involved. Poor Lashley getting dropped down the card. Main event segment was fine too. I dont have a problem with it although Aleister Black be looking like a lackey. Helping out Misterio. But hey, someone has to help him to even up the odds against Rollins and his stable right?

·
KO
5,430 Posts
Lol yeah, he definitely just looks like some kid from the crowd, not like someone like Cody when he first debuted where he looked like a future star and a natural wrestler.
Dominick looks whatever, but you can't be serious thinking that Cody looked like a future star when he debuted. Dude was the definition of a CAW, even he admitted it.

·
Registered
24,437 Posts
A decent Raw all around. Some ups and downs.

*The opening segment was fine, but you just can't take Dolph seriously in this role. You just can't. I like them incorporating their history into this, but that's the only positive I can say about this.

*The Nia/Truth/Charlotte stuff was pretty skippable for me because Nia is just someone who I have a hard time investing in.

*The Profits and the Raiders had a very fun sprint. That spot where Montez did a Tope, Erik caught him and then Powerbombed him into Dawkins was just great. The cartwheel spots were a bit too goofy for my taste, but damn that Springboard Frog Splash by Ford was amazing. And now they have Andrade and Garza challenging the Profits next. I'm down for it.

*And just gotta say, I still love the Charly/Angel interactions and Zelina's hatred for Charly. "Two Buck Chuck", lol.

*Asuka and Charlotte had a good match like the always do. Asuka tapped her out but it doesn't feel like a big deal at all because Charlotte had a built in excuse. So either she comes back for Summerslam to beat her. Or even if Charlotte is going to be out longer, could you not have waited to do the injury angle after the match?

*Woo boy, Edge cut another awesome promo. I mean that's not really saying much because always does it damn it he did it again. I want to see Edge to some pretty twisted shit to Orton when he's able to.

*Lashley beat up some ninjas and Akira is the new 24/7 Champion. K

*Liv you poor woman. They bring you back with all of this hype, throw her into the Lana/Lashley storyline purely for shock value, drop that, she wins some matches, now she can't buy a win and she's losing to Nattie in 2 minutes. What yo gonna do?

The pairing with Ruby, while a clear step backwards, could at least fill up the Tag Division for the women. And if they get the titles out of this, I won't complain.

*Sasha/Bayley vs. The IIconics was pretty short but still fun for me. I love the constant running story of Sasha doing all the work to get the wins. She looks strong and makes Bayley look delusional in her role as well.

And I won't lie, I thought for sure Sasha was challenging Bayley. Maybe I'm naive, but her challening Asuka came out of nowhere and hot damn that's a great surprise. Can't wait for that one.

*Didn't see much of Apollo vs. Shelton but Apollo vs. Lashley? I'm down for that.

*I was so convinced Dominick was going to turn on his dad in the closing segment, lol. I mean c'mon, he was standing right behind Rey as Seth made his way down to the ring. That's classic heel turn 101. But they didn't and Aleister and Humberto came out to make the save which lead to a fun brawl.

I do like they teased not only Seth getting his eye taken out (and seriously a Seth Rollins with one glove and one eye patch would be cool) but also Dominick making Rey watch. Figure this will lead into a 6 or 8 man tag ER. If it's 8 man, maybe these use this as a way to introduce Dijak to the main roster.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The thing Pritchard has had going for him since heading the ship (well after asking Vince) is he has made the shows flow so much better. You can’t turn away as there is always something going on, there’s story arcs across the show and things flow into one another. That’s not to say he’s perfect, a lot of the humour is hit and miss but right up Vince’s street but it’s much better than what we have been getting and there was a little run where Heyman’s Raw’s were semi-decent. I‘m hesitant to give Pritchard too much credit though, as we don‘t know what’s actually his and we all know Vince is all over everything. I think what Bruce has is that he knows how to get through to Vince for example, I could imagine Heyman screaming how he wanted to put Asuka over Charlotte and detailed great ways of doing it. Bruce and the new crew go the route of making Charlotte weakened with the injury angle, pleasing Vince with Jax (god knows why he likes her) and putting over Asuka.

·
Registered
729 Posts
This show was decent. Not as good as last week's, but still some good stuff happened in the show. Edge's promo was excellent, Orton had a good segment with Big Show, Sasha and Asuka was set up (looking forward to this big time), Andrade and Garza are going after the tag-team titles, Asuka made Charlotte tap out, MVP was great and they teased a Dominik turn (come on, Rollins was on his knees and Dominik was standing right behind Rey, that's basic stuff).

·
Registered
206 Posts
The thing Pritchard has had going for him since heading the ship (well after asking Vince) is he has made the shows flow so much better. You can’t turn away as there is always something going on, there’s story arcs across the show and things flow into one another. That’s not to say he’s perfect, a lot of the humour is hit and miss but right up Vince’s street but it’s much better than what we have been getting and there was a little run where Heyman’s Raw’s were semi-decent. I‘m hesitant to give Pritchard too much credit though, as we don‘t know what’s actually his and we all know Vince is all over everything. I think what Bruce has is that he knows how to get through to Vince for example, I could imagine Heyman screaming how he wanted to put Asuka over Charlotte and detailed great ways of doing it. Bruce and the new crew go the route of making Charlotte weakened with the injury angle, pleasing Vince with Jax (god knows why he likes her) and putting over Asuka.
I dunno. I found it pretty easy to turn away. After a little over an hour, I finally gave up and started only halfway paying attention. When I looked up I saw talent doing cartwheels in the ring and averted my eyes again.

It feels like after one week it has gone back to much of the same crap. Glacial pace, poorly timed commercial breaks, rematches of rematches of rematches. Comedy stuff that isn't funny.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The thing Pritchard has had going for him since heading the ship (well after asking Vince) is he has made the shows flow so much better.
I have enjoyed the departure away from filler recap videos, merchandise and general generic crap. No repeated matches for no reason the 6th time in a row. It didn't just start with Pritchard for sure but I certainly have enjoyed the past two Raws. They used the time well and 3 hours was absolutely jammed with so many storylines and talent being utilized. I don't remember a time there were this many storylines happening that were actually half engaging! It was exhausting how much they crammed in but in a good way. Felt more like NXT as I think Raw should be. Smackdown can be the goofy family show but Raw should be a larger scale gritty/edgy show that is the bridge to NXT. If they master that formula and keep things fresh, interesting and not always predictable they could revive WWE.

Sure there is still the downs, the predictable segments and lacklustre matches like Dolph/Drew where we know the outcome but sometimes those matches where expectations are low can be sleepers.

In general thought it was a real 8/10 solid show for 2 weeks in a row. Long may it continue.

281 - 297 of 297 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.