Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
25,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SmackDown preview, April 9, 2021

Universal Champion Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan and Edge to address the WWE Universe

Two days before they square off in the highly-anticipated Universal Championship Triple Threat Match, the WWE Universe will hear from The Head of the Table, The Leader of the "Yes!" Movement and The Ultimate Opportunist as they prepare to collide on The Grandest Stage of Them All?

SmackDown Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Championship Match

For months the SmackDown Tag Team division has been extremely competitive, forcing WWE Official Adam Pearce to make a major decision. Next Friday, SmackDown Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode will look to defend their titles in a Fatal 4-Way against The Street Profits, Rey & Dominik Mysterio and Otis & Chad Gable.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal to be featured on a special WrestleMania SmackDown

The annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal will take center stage as a multitude of blue brand Superstars step into the squared circle to collide for the honor of claiming this year’s coveted trophy. The annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was introduced at WrestleMania 30 in honor of late WWE Hall of Famer Andre the Giant. It will begin with all participants in the squared circle at the same time, and competitors are eliminated once they are thrown over the top rope and both feet touch the floor. The last man remaining is the victor.

WWE Official Adam Pearce announced the combatants for the prestigious free-for-all will include:

Akira Tozawa
Angel Garza
Cedric Alexander
Drew Gulak
Elias
Erik
Gran Metalik
Humberto Carrillo
Jaxson Ryker
Jey Uso
Kalisto
King Corbin
Lince Dorado
MACE
Murphy
Mustafa Ali
Ricochet
Shelton Benjamin
Shinsuke Nakamura
SLAPJACK
T-Bar
Tucker

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,693 Posts
Other than Corbin or Uso I cant see anyone else who could win the battle royal.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Other than Corbin or Uso I cant see anyone else who could win the battle royal.
Nakamura or someone out of left field like Ali or Elias. Maybe even one of the former Hurt Business if they want to keep them relevant for some reason (swerve at Mania?). Corbin is not winning it a second time. Jey Uso is a favorite.

·
Registered
27,020 Posts
Well, Edge got the upper hand 2 weeks ago. Bryan got the upper hand last week. So we know Roman will stand tall to end this show.

It really sucks the SD Tag Tiltle match is being bumped to this show. There's really no reason they couldn't have squeezed this onto 1 of the 2 nights of Mania.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I know the Andre the Giant battle royal is always basically a meaningless achievement that does literally nothing for anyone who ever wins it.

But it's still annoying that there's 4 people I'm a big fan of stuck in this dead-end match and even worse that I'm like 90% none of those 4 are going to win the thing either.

·
Southern Pride
4,655 Posts
One thing is for sure, Mustafa is doomed in that battle royal. T-BAR and MACE are in it. :LOL:

They may as well put the tag team title belts on the Mysterios.

Not really much to be excited for for this Smackdown honestly...

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
One thing is for sure, Mustafa is doomed in that battle royal. T-BAR and MACE are in it. :LOL:

They may as well put the tag team title belts on the Mysterios.
Mustafa Ali is the one I most want to win that battle royal. Second pick would be Corbin. Then Nakamura. Then Carrillo. If it's not one of them I basically don't care at all.

And yeah the Mysterios winning the tag belts is basically inevitable. Don't know if it'll happen tonight but even if it doesn't it's only a matter of time.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,907 Posts
tag match will be good. I see the DD retaining tbh, or the mysterios for a feel good moment (although i feel like if that was the plan they would have saved it for WM).

nak or corbin wins the BR.

Reactions: itsbeenawhile

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Corbin has won the Andre and Nakamura the Rumble of course. If they have either win this, maybe they will get a push after mania. Storyline wise, it would be interesting if Ali was left with the Retribution members.

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
I'm hoping Ziggler & Roode retain and either Nakamura or Jey Uso win the ABR.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
7,776 Posts
tag match will be good. I see the DD retaining tbh, or the mysterios for a feel good moment (although i feel like if that was the plan they would have saved it for WM).

A tag title run with his son was one of Mysterios demands when he signed a contract.. The Mysterios will win it, it´s inevitable. The only question is if it´s going to be now, or they´ll wait a little.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Big facts, even though they did Big E on Christmas Smackdown, Rey winning the tag titles with Dominik is without a doubt a Mania moment

·
"The Kingslayer"
6,242 Posts
Anyone in the uk watching Wrestlemania classics before smackdown on BT?

They're showking the Kurt-Orton-Mysterio match from WM22. Angle walk to the ring is goosebumps.

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
Anyone in the uk watching Wrestlemania classics before smackdown on BT?

They're showking the Kurt-Orton-Mysterio match from WM22. Angle walk to the ring is goosebumps.
I'm watching it now. Awesome little match! I thought it was shorter for some reason. Kurt Angle is one of my all time faves.

·
"The Kingslayer"
6,242 Posts
I'm watching it now. Awesome little match! I thought it was shorter for some reason. Kurt Angle is one of my all time faves.
I stopped watching WWE in mid 2004 to the start 2010. But seeing that match for the first time was great. Angle's entrance was gold.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Even though this is the best match on the Mania card, I like how both the challengers of this both have creative control. Really makes you think

1 - 20 of 141 Posts