·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Jericho on commentary sounds like a big upgrade over Cody

I hope this Best Friends arc will include a Kenny Omega vs Orange Cassidy match

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Orange Cassidy should never wrestle in an empty arena. I'd like to see if Nak can be serious in this match - it's been indicated on BTE's that he was tired of being a comedy act back when he was doing the weightlifting bits with Shida and then looking to join Dark Order. He's been largely out of in-ring now, I can't remember his last match.

Shida, Britt, Anna Jay, Penelope Ford and Brandi are the only women seemingly at these tapings. So Shida vs Britt will have to carry the load for the next 5-6 shows. I expect to see a best-of-three announced for #1 contendership, or at least have it work out that way where they trade wins over the next few weeks wiht matches on 8th, 22nd and May 6th.

Cody obviously wins.

Brodie vs #8 or maybe something from that Dustin staredown though Dustin likely will beat Sabian and lose to Archer in upcoming weeks and might need to be kept strong for those matches.

I believe I read Archer is in action as well - I'd keep him out of action until his first round match with Colt Cabana now. Unless we get Archer/Sabian vs Colt/Dustin to mimic the left side of bracket tag match last week. This would make sense but should have been announced as well. Dustin booked here could also explain why QT Marshall gets fed to Brodie rather than Dustin who stepped up to him more last week.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Kenny in a match with Nakazawa is simply stupid. Don’t care that the world is shutdown, it is stupid.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Where is Hangman based out of that he couldn't make the tapings? Is he in Cali or NYC and locked down with those wrestlers?

Bucks, SCU, Luchasaurus, Jungle Jack, Cutler, Avalon in Cali

MJF, Ortiz/Santana, BBB, Private Party, Statlander in New York

Uno, Grayson in Canada, PAC in UK, Penta in Mexico, Fenix in Mexico or Cali.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,612 Posts
Looking forward to seeing Brodie Lee destroy some poor jobber.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Watched the rankings update that was posted this morning.

The fact that Stu Grayson and Evil Uno are right behind the tag team champs and higher than everyone else in the entire promotion blows my mind.

sigh

Oh well, still excited for tonight. I still think their first "empty arena" episode was one of their best episodes overall, and hopefully can get that magic back!

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I don't think Matt is available.
He's not they had very limited roster at last week's tapings. Basically

Chris Jericho(announcing)
Kenny Omega
Cody Rhodes
Lance Archer
Brodie Lee
Darby Allin
Sammy Guevara
Colt Cabana
Shawn Spears
Kip Sabian
Jimmy Havoc
Dustin Rhodes
QT Marshall
Marko Stunt
Michael Nakawaza
Orange Cassidy
Best Friends
Gunn Club
Britt Baker
Penelope Ford
Shida

While Moxley/Hager taped their match in Jacksonville last week. Outside of Moxley/Hager match we will probably only see the guys above in the ring next 4-6 weeks. Since everyone else couldn't travel or AEW didnt want them risk traveling or they didn't feel safe wrestling. So people need to get use to small portion of the roster and realize shows won't be as good. With them filming 6 weeks of tv over 4 days or so.

Yes we will see some taped promos from home from guys(Matt Hardy has promo from Hardy Compound tonight). But actual wrestling or physical altercation. Only the guys/girls above will involved.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
So, you take the high quality match between Omega and Trent from last week and add a goof like Chuckie T, a comedy jobber who slathers himself in baby oil, and Orange Cassidy's antics at ringside with the obligatory hug spot which will likely be altered even more for laughs to fit the current circumstances, lovely.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
So, you take the high quality match between Omega and Trent from last week and add a goof like Chuckie T, a comedy jobber who slathers himself in baby oil, and Orange Cassidy's antics at ringside with the obligatory hug spot which will likely be altered even more for laughs to fit the current circumstances, lovely.
Exactly. It’s stupid.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,752 Posts

Didnt you know bro, apparently on some YouTube show Nakazawa became a serious worker! Must see TV!

1 - 20 of 312 Posts