Wrestling Forum banner

321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Jericho vs Moxley II will need a strong co-main, I'd guess a Bucks vs Omega/Hangman ladder match closing the show. The anniversary show of Moxley's post title match debut we get another - this time for the tag division as The Revival attack all four after the match. A wrench here is Dash Wilder isn't free from WWE until mid-June, but if AEW isn't running an arena show with fans they could just push DoN II back - no way should they pull a WWE with Wrestlemania and have a PPV with no audience.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi guys!!

Just caught up on the last two weeks, including all of the YT material. I've been dreading watching because of Matt Hardy. And I say this as someone who lists the Hardy Boyz as my top tag team along with Freebirds, Steiners, and LOD. I've seen most of the Broken Stuff from TNA and WWE and thought the Decay and Final Deletion matches were brilliant, but I just don't think it belongs in AEW. AEW is so refreshing to me, and I feel Hardy needs to reinvent himself as Jericho did. At least they haven't signed Reby too. Again, just my humble opinion. I'm glad for those of you that enjoy it, but it really brings me out of my enjoyment.

ANYWAYS:

Opening Match-I thought it was great, and they could have switched this with the main event. Both were very high-quality. While I don't ever see Trent as FOTC or "Le Champion," I think he did a fantastic job here. He kept up with Kenny, move for move. I also see him having a singles career like I can see Scorpio Sky or Marc Quen.

Shida vs Jayy-Great match. As a hetero female, I agree with all the posts about Jayy's posterior. However, her in-ring skills need work. Not bad for a debut at all. Can't wait for Shida to get the belt she's so deserving of!

Moxley vs Hager promo-AEW has slowly been increasing their number of promos and vignettes, and I'm glad, because I can't think of one that they have put out that has been bad. As for Moxley and Hager, I disliked both in WWE, but I've come around on them here in AEW. I still think both need work, and I didn't agree with the decision to put the belt on Mox. That being said, from all accounts the match is supposed to be stellar, so bring it on!

Jake the Snake promo-see above x 1000 re: AEW vignettes. Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU AEW for bringing Jake back to us!! The man has not missed a beat and is one of the most entertaining points to me right now!! Thank you!

Archer vs Stunt-Out of all the recent signings, this is the one I'm most excited about. I'm ashamed to say I don't remember his time in the WWE. However, the man is a BEAST, physically and technically. That being said, I literally said WTF when they announced he was facing. I don't agree that was the best decision for his debut. I can see the fact he MURDERED (cheer) Stunt, but that's not saying a lot. Oh well, can't wait to see how he fares in the TNT Tournament!

Brodie Lee promo-Never really had an opinion of him in the WWE, I stopped watching around '14-'15 when the Wyatt Family were more non-vocal and let their promos speak for themselves. I like what I'm seeing.

Natural Nightmares vs #8 & #9-This was the one match of the entire two hours I checked my phone while letting the match play. I think they're doing an injustice to Dustin here. Two points made in this thread sum up the match for me: 1. Natural Nightmares was formed to give Brandi something to do 2. While the Dark Order vignettes are great, the gimmick falls flat in the ring.

Jericho promo: I've already stated how I feel about Hardy. Jericho was great here, though, between the leather pants in the hot tub and offering VG1 an IC tee. The "letting the hounds out" was the absolute best. NOTE: I posted in the video thread the YT post-Dynamite show with Jr, Taz, and Excalibur. It was a fantastic 1-hour analysis. One of them made a point about this vignette that, if true, turns the storyline on its head for me. Check out the video if y'all have a chance. I also summed up the point/possible twist in a spoiler in the video thread in case you don't want to watch.

Main event: Pretty good. I felt it was about equal with the opening match. I enjoyed the "little things" like Darby brooding in the corner while Cody was doing his introductions and the betting. Spears has elevated in my eyes since the show went closed-audience, as I've been able to see his personality. Nice to see him get a win.

I know it's a topic of convo in the ratings thread, but I never needed an audience to enjoy. The episode two weeks ago and this one have been among some of the very best of AEW so far for me, and I'll take wrestlers in the audience (preferably more, like two weeks ago) any day. However, I do understand that most of you find the crowd heightens your enjoyment and also can see that some wrestlers need an audience to survive, let alone thrive. Again, check out the post-show with JR, Taz & Excalibur!

Thanks!

Edited bc matching s to plurals is important!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Mainevent was great. Awesome story telling and this one match built the 3 next matches along with the probable finals match. Darby should win the TNT championship. He should beat Cody (sf) and Archer (f) with Cody supporting him, which would be the next step for Archer vs Cody.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Great episode overall.

- Does Matt Jackson want to be a singles wrestler deep down? Is he secretly hoping Nick remains injured (and was he stiffing him a bit when testing him out)? Interesting potential seeds being planted and would make sense with Hangman.

- Nick looks like a star on TV, but needs to protect his image outside the ring. Looked like a loser geek (sorry).

- Brodie Lee outstanding

- Archer looked a star. Thumbs up.

- Kenny’s match was great early on. For a second there I thought “is Kenny Omega as good as Bret Hart?”

However, despite logical move progression, after about 10 minutes, their match devolved into an absolute joke.

They traded 100+ moves to each other.

Kenny sold us that he was having numbness in his arms early on from a neck injury.

He then received another 50 moves to the neck.

...and was put in a crossface.

Then he stood up out of it (I think?) and ran around with no pain.

Then sold us that he had numbness down his arm again.

Then ran around 100% fresh for a while.

Then tried to sell us again that his neck was sore.

Trent takes 50 bumps, then gets beaten by the finisher, even though it looks no more painful than half the other moves that had no effect on him. And he‘s standing up 5 seconds after the bell.

It’s just dumb and fake.

Clearly nothing hurts at all. It looks like fun even.

...like they’re best friends having fun doing wrestling moves on a trampoline.

Jericho is the fucking GOAT and delivered another fantastic promo on a freaking drone lmao.

His run with AEW is cementing his legacy, absolutely love watching his work.
I’ve always liked Jericho, but yes, he’s now becoming a peer to some of the absolutely all-time greatest in my eyes.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Jericho vs Moxley II will need a strong co-main, I'd guess a Bucks vs Omega/Hangman ladder match closing the show. The anniversary show of Moxley's post title match debut we get another - this time for the tag division as The Revival attack all four after the match. A wrench here is Dash Wilder isn't free from WWE until mid-June, but if AEW isn't running an arena show with fans they could just push DoN II back - no way should they pull a WWE with Wrestlemania and have a PPV with no audience.
Nothing will main event over Moxley/Jericho ever that's still the biggest match AEW can do. All they have to do is put a cool gimmick and people will be into it again.

We know where gonna get Cody/Archer. But we shouldn't worry about the rest of the card. With Matt Hardy, Brodie Lee(along with Archer) they can have their best card yet. If of course everyone available and the show happens.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are these shows taped or still being shown live?

I really want to like Hager but I just can't get behind him. He comes across as pretty boring.

I think Schiavone has really been great on coms and tbh I don't miss either JR/Excaliber. I wouldn't mind seeing a Schiavone/Tazz pairing.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Great episode overall.

- Does Matt Jackson want to be a singles wrestler deep down? Is he secretly hoping Nick remains injured (and was he stiffing him a bit when testing him out)? Interesting potential seeds being planted and would make sense with Hangman.

- Nick looks like a star on TV, but needs to protect his image outside the ring. Looked like a loser geek (sorry).

- Brodie Lee outstanding

- Archer looked a star. Thumbs up.

- Kenny’s match was great early on. For a second there I thought “is Kenny Omega as good as Bret Hart?”

However, despite logical move progression, after about 10 minutes, their match devolved into an absolute joke.

They traded 100+ moves to each other.

Kenny sold us that he was having numbness in his arms early on from a neck injury.

He then received another 50 moves to the neck.

...and was put in a crossface.

Then he stood up out of it (I think?) and ran around with no pain.

Then sold us that he had numbness down his arm again.

Then ran around 100% fresh for a while.

Then tried to sell us again that his neck was sore.

Trent takes 50 bumps, then gets beaten by the finisher, even though it looks no more painful than half the other moves that had no effect on him. And he‘s standing up 5 seconds after the bell.

It’s just dumb and fake.

Clearly nothing hurts at all. It looks like fun even.

...like they’re best friends having fun doing wrestling moves on a trampoline.

I’ve always liked Jericho, but yes, he’s now becoming a peer to some of the absolutely all-time greatest in my eyes.
What the fuck are you talking about ?
You sold yourself to this idea.....

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Are these shows taped or still being shown live?

I really want to like Hager but I just can't get behind him. He comes across as pretty boring.

I think Schiavone has really been great on coms and tbh I don't miss either JR/Excaliber. I wouldn't mind seeing a Schiavone/Tazz pairing.
This was the last live show. They taped all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for Dynamite and Dark until DoN2.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
He clearly doesn't want to outshine Trent.
Actually, that is precisely why he did it. If you couldn’t watch that match and see that was a showcase for Trent, who both Omega and Okada wanted to see get more of a push in NJPW, then I don’t know what to tell you, man.

321 - 331 of 331 Posts