Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Am I the only one that skips all the matches and just listens to the promos? I am sorry but matches with no fan interaction just doesn't entertain me. It's the audience that makes the matches enjoyable. Even Taker vs HBK at WM 25 would have been boring with no fans.

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
Undertaker's promo was interesting, but for the most part, full of sh** kinda like how he is in real life. The best part was, "for a small man, you have such a big mouth".

"I am sure by dropping some pipe bombs, you thought you could get under my skin. Son, I have heard a lot worse from far better than you".
If in fact this was true, why did he act so violently during the contract signing? He could have been cool and calculated, instead he showed rage.

"Back then you didn't have what it takes to hang with the Undertaker, Stone Cold, the Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Eddie Guerrero, Booker T, Edge, the very best this business has to offer."
First of all, AJ was green, still learning and competing in the independents when some of those guys were top stars. So his argument is horse sh** as the listed wrestlers were all older and far experienced than him. Second of all, Triple H, Booker T, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero, Undertaker himself cannot be counted the best in the business in the grand scheme of things. That list is very short; Hogan, Austin, Rock, Andre. Second of all, AJ worked with Angle, and Booker T in TNA and not only did he hang with them, he gave them solid matches. Just because TNA was a smaller promotion does not diminish the AJ's ability.

"The Phenomenal One my a**, you waited until they were all gone."
Also not true based on what's stated above. Furthermore, he went to the WWE and he wasn't even given a contract post tryout despite Ross and other competent people telling the upper management that it was a mistake to let him go. AJ can't be blamed for WWE's ignorance.

"I think you are mad because she does the Faithbreaker AKA the Styles Clash better than you do. She got it over."
This is the biggest bull sh** thing he said. The move was originally done by Jimmy Rave who got the move over before Styles did. There is absolutely nothing in the wrestling ring that McCool can do better than Styles much less a finisher that she stole from him. McCool was never over; when she was doing any wrestling move or her finisher, on the mic, or anything else for that matter. Styles became a mainstay at the WWE on merit and his work in the previous promotions, while McCool stayed at the WWE because of who she was dating and married.

The "I'll make you famous" comment was pretty good. And he didn't have that stupid Triple HGH breathing problem in this promo that he normally does.

I am very curious to know who this "unholy trinity" is. Is he trying to rip off the 3 faces of Foley gimmick?
"It's still real to me, dammit"

·
Premium Member
10,144 Posts
Great promo by Edge. Best WWE feud in ages.

Becky's promo was good and I loved the point she brought up that Shayna wants to beat Becky to overshadow Ronda. The attack looked awesome.

Asuka's been promoted well and she's been working her ass off on both shows recently.

Taker's promo was great. I'm looking forward for Taker vs AJ if they keep OC bullshit out and let AJ try to carry the old man to his last great match at WM. Ideally, I'd have AJ win with the calf crusher.

KO's promo was alright, but Seth won the promo battle with his last week one.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Great promo by Taker, and good to see it’s got the usual suspects’ panties in a bunch. :)

The Edge/Orton build has been outstanding,crying shame that the match has to take place in an empty arena. Crowd would have been on fire for it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Great promo by Taker, and good to see it’s got the usual suspects’ panties in a bunch. :)

The Edge/Orton build has been outstanding,crying shame that the match has to take place in an empty arena. Crowd would have been on fire for it.
Either that or it would have been one of those Mania matches that the crowd were oddly not into and it would have ruined it...

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
When you want to piss someone off you try and use every argument you have, even if some of them are half truths at best. In kayfabe, you can understand why both of them say what they say. Undertaker saying that McCool did his finisher better than him or that he wasn't around when a better generation of wrestlers was around in WWE makes sense.. So I don't quite understand your points.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I like that they have finally gone with Taker being himself, I’ve thought for a longtime they needed to rip off Randy ‘The Ram’ for a storyline for him. WWE being WWE have left it too late when he literally is a broken down mess, but at least the benefit of the pre-recording is they can edit it into something decent. I liked the promo but if I was to nitpick it felt a little long, but I know they have time to fill.

As someone else said you have to feel for Edge, waiting for the perfect moment to return, it developing into the prime match at Mania and then it’s pretape in an empty arena. Hopefully his body is in decent shape to keep going at Summerslam/Suivivor Series/Rumble/whenever everything is back to normal.

Someone else I feel for is Asuka. They finally recognise they have her to use when everyone else is off, and as soon as they’re able to use everyone she’ll be forgotten again.

Austin Theory must be pumped. Evolve to NXT to Mania card. I know the circumstances and he’s a glorified jobber but such a great chance for him. I’m quite excited really as I haven’t seen anything of him, and if he has half of what Garza has about him he’s going to be great.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
When you want to piss someone off you try and use every argument you have, even if some of them are half truths at best. In kayfabe, you can understand why both of them say what they say. Undertaker saying that McCool did his finisher better than him or that he wasn't around when a better generation of wrestlers was around in WWE makes sense.. So I don't quite understand your points.
Undertaker's promo for the most part didn't make sense and was severely inaccurate. That's the point I was trying to make.

To me, Undertaker comes off as a heel here. In that nonsensical promo of his, he never once addressed why he attacked Styles at Super Showdown in the first place.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Undertaker's promo for the most part didn't make sense and was severely inaccurate. That's the point I was trying to make.

To me, Undertaker comes off as a heel here. In that nonsensical promo of his, he never once addressed why he attacked Styles at Super Showdown in the first place.
Because AJ Styles was using dirty tactics to get that he didn't earn and he wanted to teach him a lesson? And 'real' Undertaker isn't a face. He acted as a tweener against Lesnar. He's trying to undermine Styles, mocking him for being "envious" of his wife having more success with the same finisher and believing himself to be a star even though he wasn't in WWE when it had actual stars. These point may be right, debatable or bullshit, but they make sense as something people who just want to trashtalk other would say.

In fact I don't fully disagree with some of them. AJ Styles never had to compete with full time Shawn Michaels, Edge, Batista and others who make everyone on the current full time roster look like midcarders at best. Being a main eventer when your competition are Reigns, Kevin Owens and Rollins isn't quite the same as doing it when actual stars are in the same roster. Yep, he was main eventer in TNA, but I wanted to tell why Undertaker is above AJ Styles (not talent wise, where even if I'm not a fan I gladly admit that AJ is pretty decent, but as a star), I wouldn't say it's a bad point.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Gonna nitpick the Taker promo. I know its just a promo and I know its in a shoot style and I know thats the storyline arc they are going with but all it did to me was highlight there are no stars left nowadays.

You got Taker reeling off a list of stars from 15 years ago. You know, the era when they made an effort making stars. All that did was highlight how inferior Styles, Rollins, Reigns, Ziggler etc are.

The problem is, they ARE inferior. But why is that?

The past will always be better in WWE's eyes. Yes AJ is possibly winding his career down now and his best work was outside of WWE but he should be remembered as one of the greats.

Presentation and propaganda do work. Tell someone something enough times and they will start to believe you.

Its like the current era are presented like The Alliance in 2001. Edge is better than Rollins. Angle is better than Reigns.

Even Brock, who has some of the strongest booking in history, comes off as inferior to Rock, Austin, even someone like Guerrero.

Imagine if they presented Ziggler as more important or even on the same level as someone like Jericho? Would it make the product more enjoyable? Of course it would.

·
Baby Yoda
29,553 Posts
Because AJ Styles was using dirty tactics to get that he didn't earn and he wanted to teach him a lesson? And 'real' Undertaker isn't a face. He acted as a tweener against Lesnar. He's trying to undermine Styles, mocking him for being "envious" of his wife having more success with the same finisher and believing himself to be a star even though he wasn't in WWE when it had actual stars. These point may be right, debatable or bullshit, but they make sense as something people who just want to trashtalk other would say.

In fact I don't fully disagree with some of them. AJ Styles never had to compete with full time Shawn Michaels, Edge, Batista and others who make everyone on the current full time roster look like midcarders at best. Being a main eventer when your competition are Reigns, Kevin Owens and Rollins isn't quite the same as doing it when actual stars are in the same roster. Yep, he was main eventer in TNA, but I wanted to tell why Undertaker is above AJ Styles (not talent wise, where even if I'm not a fan I gladly admit that AJ is pretty decent, but as a star), I wouldn't say it's a bad point.
IIRC AJ would have come up with Cena, Batista, Orton and Lesnar in FCW, he didn't accept the WWE development deal because he didn't want to be too far away from his family. He would have become another pillar for the company with them as he offered something different and would have stood out.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I enjoyed the promos on RAW this week. I dont know why but it seems like having no fans gives them no pressure and they seem more relaxed. I dont know. And the Undertaker promo. Is that the American Badass Taker? Is he back for this feud only? I dont mind it since this angle went for a shoot style with both guys using their real names and mentioning their wives. Great promo from Taker and refreshing to see since this is not his deadman persona talking. Was nice to see Shayna Blazer destroy Beck Lynch out there too. That looked brutal and we get to hear the impact of the bumps without no crowd noise. The best built feud has to be Edge/Orton so that Edge promo was very good too.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Edge's promo was very strong. Too bad he has his comeback in an empty arena. The program with Orton has been top notch despite that.

Taker's promo was well delivered but seemed like he was reading off a piece of paper and him saying "pipebombs" was both funny and a little cringe. Owens promo was substandard for him even if it included a "shit" in it (again). Watch AJ win this match after Sting returns and knocks out Taker with a baseball bat.

Heyman's promo was the same formuliac schtick we've seen for over half a decade.

Becky's big truck is stupid no way around it.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts