Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nah, not a stretch or I wouldn't have said it.

I would argue that not conforming to the obvious trend of the moment is the most Sting thing Darby could do.
You've done a u-turn.

You said he appeals to the hip demographic, now you're saying he's the opposite,which is a Sting thing to do. Which is very wrong. Sting always kept up with the current trends. Even in TNA as Joker Sting.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
You've done a u-turn.

You said he appeals to the hip demographic, now you're saying he's the opposite,which is a Sting thing to do. Which is very wrong. Sting always kept up with the current trends. Even in TNA as Joker Sting.
That's not a u turn at all. I'm saying the hip demographic of today is "be whoever you want to be, that's cool." Darby does him, and to me and I suspect a lot of people that's much cooler than trend chasing. There is no Crow right now. At least if there is I'm not aware of what it is.

I mean if anything Sting riding trends like that was kind of lame. Did anyone think Sting copying Ledger was great and not eye rolling? Really?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The current trend isn't be who you want to be and that is cool. There are always fashion trends, whether they're based on popular TV shows, music or movies.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
The current trend isn't be who you want to be and that is cool. There are always fashion trends, whether they're based on popular TV shows, music or movies.
So what's the current trend that a face painter gimmicks himself after? It ain't Joker. That movies zeitgeist has come and gone, and dressing up as Phoenix's character who is by definition a big loser ain't gonna make a guy look cool.

321 - 327 of 327 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.