Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
First off. I know there is probably lots of people out there that were into tonights Dynamite and thats fine. I really found almost everything too try hard, ott, tacky and forced tonight to embarrassing levels.

A few thoughts from tonight:
  • Couple of good matches with Allin/Sabian, Guevara/Omega.
  • Man what a disspointment with Matt Hardy and some of the worst work from Jericho, maybe ever? regarding the magic entrance, you can say thats why Vince wouldn't let him do that in WWE, but if he had done it in WWE it would have been edited properly at least. The whole segment was garbage. I did like schavione in shock like he had never seen pyros at the end, "What is that, how is he doing that?" Too bad.
  • In general some camera, mic work is just poor. Its definitely like being thrown back to late 90's WCW/WWE though which I know will appeal to people.
  • Brodie Lee also sure looks like he is going to vindicate his release and Vince seeing it years ago. Surely he is better than this. FFS enough with the ripping WWE. Concentrate on your own product and have some class. Just seems like a wrong fit so far. I hope they change directions and give him something better to work with.
  • Love Jake Roberts and how he has been used so far. Exactly where he should be used and has been sorely missed in the business. Should have been doing this years ago.
  • Cody disappearing down the tunnel for an extreme run up, only to hesitate and slow down to 0mph was also hilarious.
  • I don't see how this is different than what I have seen of Impact over the past few years. The acting and production feels so tacky (good vignettes aside). The lack of crowd has certainly hurt segments the past couple of weeks but has maybe cut down the OTT spot fests.
  • I also find it hard to take things seriously when the Elite do everything including commentary. It's hard to run things and be top guys or even spotlight workers. They are learning on the job though and for that they are doing a great job. It will surely only get better with time and picking up more workers from WWE etc.. that bring more experience.
  • I don't get the Colt Cabana thing. I feel Eugene could come out and people would go wild. Sure there is cult following but they have some real talent on the roster already they should be building not bringing in cheap pops.
  • Having watched both now NXT was infinitely better tonight in almost every facet.

·
Registered
863 Posts
How does Cody Rhodes have "no charisma" when he consistently comes out to the loudest positive crowd reactions every week on Dynamite (before they started hosting empty arenas)? :mj4:

The crowds usually go wild for Cody whenever he makes his weekly entrances :LOL:
Yeah, he's a good promo, but he's not a good commentator. Also I think saying Darby reminds him of Sting might be the worst call I've heard all year.

·
Registered
15,999 Posts
I think the Matt teleportation thing was just to add to the 'no audience' part of the show. I mean overall it was semi cringe, but I thought it was also kind of hilarious and then at the end Jericho seeing Hardy at the bottom was funny

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The thing that stands out for me on this Dynamite is, that Darby without the crowd is really a vanilla midget doing flips. Sorry to say that, but damn better not show him without the crowd reactions, because it makes him smaller than he should be.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Felt like a WWE show, mostly flat and heatless. Sammy was the bright spot, what a talent.

I like Hager, but i'm not too sure about Mox / Hager. Oh well, the match should be fun.

This empty-arena shows desperately need MJF. On commentary, ringside, I dunno. But they need to have him out there.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Can't stand that idiotic portion of internet fans that dislike anything that isn't realistic. We're forever told that unrealistic gimmicks of the past wouldn't work in this reality era, as though we've somehow evolved to only enjoy something that is rooted in absolute verifiable fact. But you know full well that a 3000 year old entity that resides in a vessel, that can teleport, would most definitely work in this day and age. People would eat it up. No one in their right mind would watch wrestling and refuse their cooperation on the basis that it's just too fantastical. Wrestling, like entertainment, in general is improved by incorporating elements based in fantasy. That's why Barry S02e05 is the highest rated episode, because it's the least plausible and most absurd. People love absurdity. There's always a minority that will flap their gums and demand hyper realism because it's "2020", completely ignoring that the entire landscape of entertainment consumption in "2020" reflects an increasing interest in the fantasy and supernatural, based on viewing figures of shows on Netflix, Prime and HBO, to name a few.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I really dug Brodie Lee's promo and match. I'm surprised so many people are down on it.

Personally, I thought the way he humiliated the Dark Order jobbers was hilarious.

Is it solely because he took a shot at Vince?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hopefully we still get Luchasauras vs Wardlow tonight. Was looking forward to that one. If not, not biggie, just glad I got something entertaining, sports-oriented and LIVE to watch tonight lol. Sucks not having any NBA Basketball.
Yes, this part sucks!!! Luka and Porzingis just started to both play well at the same time. Can’t wait for next season!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Great? Kenny didn't do a damn thing the whole match, except for a cross body. Bored the hell out of me
fun show*

* t&c applies

t&c‘s for my posts:
Opinions are framed in a way that pertains to my point of view. Ie> For me

please notarise and sign below

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Sammy has quickly turned into one of the most entertaining guys in AEW.

Didn’t think I’d be saying that when they first started.
he is going to the tippy top of the wrestling world.

him, darby, hangman, mjf and jungle boy

all stars in making

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
So, I think that all the backstage bits were recorded last week. Was all last week's crew

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Lots of people are making that comparison. You don't have to like it, but that's out there.
Nobody was making the comparison before Cody said it. It was always Jeff Hardy comparisons. And he has a long way to go before those comparisons mean anything because he's not even close to either of them. Plus he's a cunt

·
Registered
4 Posts
I enjoyed the last night show. I was into both Allin/Sabian and Omega/Guevara.

I agree with the sentiments that Omega shouldn't be doing commentary. Cody was at least OK on the mic. As an aside, why does Brandi Rhodes dress like a teenager all the time now?

Brodie Lee's outfit was a million times better than the dime-store purple Diesel outfit he was wearing last week. Looked pretty strong in the ring, too. I thought the segment where he kicked out Silver and Reynolds was hilarious, but got over his personality at the same time.

Yes, Matt Hardy's teleportation bit was stupid, but I liked the rest of the segment. Leave the supernatural stuff out and you still have a good character and good feud that fits into 2020 wrestling.

Last comment: Why have there been basically no women's matches on these shows? Are some of them over in Japan working Stardom or something at the moment?

·
Premium Member
16,716 Posts
I really dug Brodie Lee's promo and match. I'm surprised so many people are down on it.

Personally, I thought the way he humiliated the Dark Order jobbers was hilarious.

Is it solely because he took a shot at Vince?
I really like the filming style, the content of the promo. I will say I was let down from Brodie's performance. I can't put my finger on it, but it wasn't what I was expecting or wanted. I think I wanted more personal mannerism from Brodie, a bit more hokey. I didn't want another cult leader with a group of blind followers. I think my interpretation of the Dark Order were people who had given up all hope and joined the cult, all loving together and feeling belonged. The promo undercut that by having a strict, harassing leader.

Ok. I guess I could put my finger on it. I was expecting more of a John Seed from Far Cry 5. Open, accepting, forgiving cult leader. But, if you test him, he lashes out. So, I felt the content was correct, but not placed well. We never saw the compassionate, manipulative leader. Only his harsh side.

I didn't know the Vince shots and had no opinion on it. Don't think they were intentional.

241 - 260 of 315 Posts