Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The teleportation shit makes me fear for AEW’s future. That’s stupid as fuck, and it makes me look at Jericho with a lot less shine.

Total burial of everyone forced to play to that stupid shit.

Thank God for Sammy Guevara and Omega’s match. This was a shit show.

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
^Yep. They agreed to Matt Hardy;s "creative mind" and that's what you get. Garbage shit that would be rightly lambasted if WWE or NXT tried that shit. Should have left him in WWE or let him go do this shit in Impact.

I can't believe Tony Khan allowed this super powers garbage. So much for having a sports feel plan.

HIstory will show AEW began to die the day they hired Matt Hardy. It's one thing to do this crap on youtube vids where you can say "sure, camera trickery because he edits it himsef" but to pull this on live television and force Jericho, Cody, Schiavone and Omega to sell it - it's a damn tragedy.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Enjoyed the show overall.

Kenny vs Sammy was awesome. Sammy is going to be a star.

The Matt Hardy thing was a little cringeworthy. Mostly, I think it went too long.

Brodie Lee looked great. But man, he’s ugly.

Darby vs Sabien was really good.

I was disappointed there was no women’s match.

Brandi was again really good as the ring announcer.

·
Registered
462 Posts
^Yep. They agreed to Matt Hardy;s "creative mind" and that's what you get. Garbage shit that would be rightly lambasted if WWE or NXT tried that shit. Should have left him in WWE or let him go do this shit in Impact.

I can't believe Tony Khan allowed this super powers garbage. So much for having a sports feel plan.

HIstory will show AEW began to die the day they hired Matt Hardy. It's one thing to do this crap on youtube vids where you can say "sure, camera trickery because he edits it himsef" but to pull this on live television and force Jericho, Cody, Schiavone and Omega to sell it - it's a damn tragedy.
Yeah, there definitely needs to be something of a filter on this stuff. I think the character and lore behind it is extremely creative and I love aspects like the drone, but the teleporting was something I was not at all prepared for (in the worst way), and I had to legitimately sit there in complete silence for a while afterward. The idea of an unhinged lunatic believing that he is playing host to a demonic entity is honestly fine with me, as some of my favorite characters have historically been the insane type, but if we're going to play it off like he really does have superpowers, then my fucking God...

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I said it before but matt hardy's character is nothing with out an audience. Jericho doesnt need anyrhing but a camera.

Half the aew show could be taped footage of Jericho at home alone and people would tune in. Matt he needs the reactions from the surroundings

·
Registered
364 Posts
The sooner that we are back to a live crowd, the better. The roster is down to the bare bones at the minute.

·
Registered
172 Posts
matt hardy teleporting is AEW officially jumping the shark.
very dissapointed in both brodie lee and hardy... I thought they might give AEW a boost but neither fits well.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Twitter was weird tonight. I saw NXT trending with 15k and AEWDynamite nowhere to be seen. Then find out Dynamite was trending worldwide with about 30k. 🤔

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Twitter was weird tonight. I saw NXT trending with 15k and AEWDynamite nowhere to be seen. Then find out Dynamite was trending worldwide with about 30k. 🤔
All anyone on social media cares about is covid, so probably other topics swing fast?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
That was just bad. Who is letting matt run wild with his shit. No wonder Vince said no to all his ideas. You have a core group of great talent being wasted with dog shit.

And Cody completely exposed himself tonight. ZERO Charisma or Personality. What a boring ass drone cant even fake excitement for his own shit show.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,597 Posts
And Cody completely exposed himself tonight. ZERO Charisma or Personality. What a boring ass drone cant even fake excitement for his own shit show.
How does Cody Rhodes have "no charisma" when he consistently comes out to the loudest positive crowd reactions every week on Dynamite (before they started hosting empty arenas)? :mj4:

The crowds usually go wild for Cody whenever he makes his weekly entrances :LOL:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Matt Hardy is garbage and will ruin AEW. Teleporting and controlling pyro - in 2020? And Jericho, Cody and Schiavone had to sell it?

Arguing with Vanguard-1 was a good bit, but Hardy should have stayed up in the balcony.

That was beyond stupid. I'm questioning my continued fandom levels of silliness.

ANything done in-ring was lacking this week, Cody and Omega were dreadful on commentary. Filmed promos were solid though with segment of the night going to the Jake promo.
Thank you. Glad you have common sense. This is turning into TNA 2.0

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
How does Cody Rhodes have "no charisma" when he consistently comes out to the loudest positive crowd reactions every week on Dynamite (before they started hosting empty arenas)? :mj4:

The crowds usually go wild for Cody whenever he makes his weekly entrances :LOL:
I can forgive him for being bad at commentary. Mick Foley and Macho Man are two great talkers that come to mind that were bad at commentary. One thing that bothered me though was how Sammy Guevara was taking shots at Brandi and Cody didn't react.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think they expected people to believe Matt was teleporting lol. It was simply a intro to a into to a pre planned segment. Likewise, the he pyrotechnics control was just Matt's backstage power in play.

In short it doesn't feel like they booking crazy ot supernatural stuff as real like bookers have in the past. For example, Robocop or Brothers of Destruction or Papa Shango or The Fiend

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

AEW fans cheer for anything just like the old impact zone. Did you even watch and listen to him talk all night?

·
Southern Pride
2,955 Posts
They are in an empty building and were playing around. I don't see the harm in what Matt Hardy did. Not like he will be able to "teleport around" when the crowd is there live. This is the same stuff that people went crazy for when he did it in TNA/Impact.

Cody was okay on commentary. I do enjoy hearing how much knowledge that he has in wrestling moves and everything. Kenny wasn't as good.

The only thing that i'm scratching my head on is showing the drama between Cabana and Sabian, then having Kip Sabian lose to Darby Allin. Granted, Allin had to lock him in to a unique pin to barely get the 3 count but still.

It was a good 2 hours to watch for me.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The teleportation shit was bad. Really bad. But hopefully Tony will put a stop to some of that and once we’re back to fans being in the arena I’m sure we won’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

221 - 240 of 327 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.