Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Absolutely lacking on paper. Where is Mox? Is he self-isolating because he might have a depressed immunity from his MRSA scares?

Guevara vs Omega will be a great match and AAA Mega Title does add some sizzle and stakes to what would otherwise just be a throw-in match to continue the Elite vs Inner Circle issues until they can get Match Beyond booked - but that could be months.

Cody vs Jimmy Havok? Why? Maybe they'll spell it out on a Road to... tomorrow. Something as simple as Cody wanting to get in the ring and have a match and he being the one who suggested to hire Havok way back on one of the very early Road to Double or Nothing vids and wants to see if that was the right decision because Havok hasn't showed much so far. Jimmy takes this either as a challenge to step up or an insult - or both.

Jericho vs Matt Hardy promo war - not sure how it will look in an empty arena.

With the Match Beyond postponed what happens to Nick Jackson's injury exclusion? He'd be healed by then so does Hardy still get his spot? Maybe Matt pushes Hangman out because he doesn't feel he can trust him - I think the tease between the two on BTE might be heading in that direction.

In the end it might just be easier to include a 6th man on Jericho's side. Lance Archer would make sense given his burgeoning issues with Cody. Have it a mystery partner who doesn't come ringside during the match so Hangman is the last member not yet in the cage when it comes time for the 6th IC member to join. The tease would be that maybe it's Hangman - but then Archer's entrance hits and he comes out.

I believe there is the Lucha Brothers vs Best Friends parking lot fight happening - likely taped offsite and prior. Is PAC stateside? If not it's terrible timing for the newly formed Death Triangle and PAC could be out of the country via travel restrictions for months.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Absolutely lacking on paper. Where is Mox? Is he self-isolating because he might have a depressed immunity from his MRSA scares?

Guevara vs Omega will be a great match and AAA Mega Title does add some sizzle and stakes to what would otherwise just be a throw-in match to continue the Elite vs Inner Circle issues until they can get Match Beyond booked - but that could be months.

Cody vs Jimmy Havok? Why? Maybe they'll spell it out on a Road to... tomorrow. Something as simple as Cody wanting to get in the ring and have a match and he being the one who suggested to hire Havok way back on one of the very early Road to Double or Nothing vids and wants to see if that was the right decision because Havok hasn't showed much so far. Jimmy takes this either as a challenge to step up or an insult - or both.

Jericho vs Matt Hardy promo war - not sure how it will look in an empty arena.

With the Match Beyond postponed what happens to Nick Jackson's injury exclusion? He'd be healed by then so does Hardy still get his spot? Maybe Matt pushes Hangman out because he doesn't feel he can trust him - I think the tease between the two on BTE might be heading in that direction.

I believe there is the Lucha Brothers vs Best Friends parking lot fight happening - likely taped offsite and prior. Is PAC stateside? If not it's terrible timing for the newly formed Death Triangle and PAC could be out of the country via travel restrictions for months.
Moxley was in Jacksonville for last week show. There's no way he flew in to only do 1 minute parking lot segment. I'm guessing he did more pretape stuff then that. Either more promos or maybe backstage brawl/beat down. So I don't think Moxley will actually be there live. But he will have a role on the show and possibly set up a future match with Hager.

Let's keep in mind that travel is a issue right now. Tony Khan not going to make guys fly from West Coast every week. So if you are asking yourself why they are doing Cody/Jimmy Havoc. Well it's because Jimmy Havoc lives in Florida. It was also announced that Cody will be joining announce team after his match with Jimmy Havoc tomorrow. So that tells me they won't have all the announcers on the show either.

The interesting or difficult thing for AEW this week. They pretaped stuff thinking they were doing Match Beyond. So let's hope they can still use that pretaped stuff on this show. Also if they pretaped say Lucha Bros vs Best Friends parking lot match last week. That match might not have announcers calling that aren't on this week's show. So we will see if that match and Luchararus/Wardlow still air on this show. As for Pac, yeah he clearly won't be on tv for a while. I'm guessing they will film promos etc and send them in.

Right now with everything changing week to week. I think it would be in AEW best interest. To stop advertising matches a week out. I wouldn't be surprised if more then Match Beyond match ends up not on the show. Either way fans need to excuse the company for having more random matches etc. Since many of their long term planning has to be rewritten on the fly days before the show.

·
Registered
24,526 Posts
I expect a Jericho/Hardy confrontation in 2020 to be wacky and insane. Kenny vs. Sammy should be fun. And Cody vs. Havoc is one to watch out for. I've seen some of Havoc's DARK matches lately, and he's been looking impressive.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Cody is doing commentary this week with Schiavone as Ross and Excalibur can't make the show. Latter is probably locked down in Cali. Will be interesting to see how they handle the Cody vs Havoc match, assuming it still happens.

(Also interesting that HHH did commentary duties for SDL recently. Cody, Cody, Cody...)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If Havoc comes out with a staple gun, I’m turning this shit off.
I mean, he's wrestled on Dark a number of times now, and he's just been wrestling straight up matches, so I doubt we'll see anything the likes of stable guns here. However, he's been "feuding" with Luther, so we may see an appearance from the supposed Japanese Deathmatch "legend" from the early 90's on Wednesday, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Cody is doing commentary this week with Schiavone as Ross and Excalibur can't make the show. Latter is probably locked down in Cali. Will be interesting to see how they handle the Cody vs Havoc match, assuming it still happens.

(Also interesting that HHH did commentary duties for SDL recently. Cody, Cody, Cody...)
And people legitimately think he’s naturally over or “important”.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Wardlow vs Luchasaurus was a weird match to book - Luchasauras hasn't been pinned yet AFAIK and Wardlow can't start 0-2. It was booked as a lumberjack match but Meltzer surmises that will have to change since having more than 10 people that close would be against Florida guidelines and TNT demands AEW abide by them. Wardlow, Lucha, ref, camera guy is four right there, so having six lumberjacks would be pointless.

I could see it expanded to a 6-man with MJF and Spears joining Wardlow against Jurassic Express and Marko.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Cody vs Havoc,...WHY

If they establish havoc as a friend of Jake or Archer then ok. But they haven’t yet.
Because he's available and lives in Florida and they haven't done the match yet. They had to throw out all long term booking out the window for now. When Cody is wrestling a match and announcing with Tony after. Well I think that tells you they arent going to have many people at this show tomorrow.

At this point fans should just be happy they are getting a new show. Asking for logic or reasons for matches to be happening is unfair. When you consider everything that's going on and not wanting talent to fly and travel much. From the look of things. It seems like only wrestlers who live in the South are booked so far.

Nobody who lives in East or West coast as of now. So it will probably just those guys live in the ring and mix in pretaped stuff from the talent that was there last week.

Like Moxley for example who likely shot bunch more material last week. Considering I doubt they had him fly in last week just to do 1 minute pretaped promo in the parking lot.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Have to assume it would be against Daniels. Or a six man. But given Scorpio Sky wasn't part of the beat down last week, maybe have him stepping up vs Brodie with Daniels and Kaz still banged up sorta deal.

Another possibility could be Brodie vs Silver and Reynolds so he can just show out and squash them while having storyline behind the one sided match.

The fact that his opponent wasn't announced makes be believe it could be the latter.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Because he's available and lives in Florida and they haven't done the match yet. They had to throw out all long term booking out the window for now. When Cody is wrestling a match and announcing with Tony after. Well I think that tells you they arent going to have many people at this show tomorrow.

1. At this point fans should just be happy they are getting a new show. Asking for logic or reasons for matches to be happening is unfair. When you consider everything that's going on and not wanting talent to fly and travel much. From the look of things. It seems like only wrestlers who live in the South are booked so far.

Nobody who lives in East or West coast as of now. So it will probably just those guys live in the ring and mix in pretaped stuff from the talent that was there last week.

Like Moxley for example who likely shot bunch more material last week. Considering I doubt they had him fly in last week just to do 1 minute pretaped promo in the parking lot.
This really, be happy they ain't just churning out repeats, it's as good as it gets and is it really worth wasting good matches in empty arena.

1 - 20 of 327 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.