Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza, Wilkes-Barre, PA

Last week, in his quest to make John Cena proud, R-Truth renewed Cena’s tradition of the United States Championship Open Challenge, and successfully defended the star-spangled title against Rey Mysterio and Andrade in a Triple Threat Match. Tonight, Truth’s quest continues as he issues another challenge. Who will step up for this huge opportunity? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

R-Truth to issue another United States Championship Open Challenge

Asking himself “What would John Cena do?,” R-Truth took on both Rey Mysterio and Andrade when they answered his United States Championship Open Challenge this past week. With the two rivals focused on each other, Truth was able to roll up Mysterio and retain his title.

Tonight, Truth will issue another open challenge for his star-spangled title. Who will step up and answer the call?

The Miz to face Jey Uso

Just five nights before their SmackDown Tag Team Championship rematch at WWE Fastlane, The Miz and Jey Uso will square off in a one-on-one battle with momentum hanging in the balance.

The Usos remain convinced that The A-Lister is a joke, and that Shane McMahon should find another tag team partner, though Shane-O-Mac clearly disagreed when he made the rematch for Fastlane in The Miz’s hometown of Cleveland.

Can The Awesome One prove himself and gain momentum heading into the huge title match?

Is Kevin Owens looking to gain more momentum heading into WWE Fastlane?

Mr. McMahon shocked the WWE Universe last Tuesday when he replaced Kofi Kingston in the WWE Championship Match at WWE Fastlane with the returning Kevin Owens. KO teamed up with Kingston later that night, pinning WWE Champion Daniel Bryan with a thunderous Stunner.

With just five nights remaining before their title showdown, what else might KO do to get the upper hand on Bryan?

Will The Hardy Boyz continue their quest to become the greatest tag team?

Last Tuesday, Matt & Jeff Hardy reunited as a tag team for the first time since 2017, defeating The Bar in a thrilling battle. In a WWE.com exclusive interview following their victory, The Hardy Boyz said that they joined forces once again to prove to everyone that they are the greatest tag team in time and space.

Will The Hardy Boyz continue on this journey? Who might their quest lead them to next? Find out on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

·
Baby Yoda
29,869 Posts
Could they care less for SD's RTWM?

I mean holy shit, SD is getting one decently built feud for the show and it's in reality a low card match on name.

Shane/Miz has been built well, but no one really cares for the match. Would have been better off doing Miz vs Bryan.

Is it just me, or does SmackDown feel like even more of the B show lately?

I guess that's what happens when one champion is a jobber & the other is never on tv.
Are you talking about Bryan or Truth... I really can't tell..

Both are jobbers...

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,548 Posts
Yeah SmackDown is clearly the B Show. Same as last year nothing feels important. Asuka cant even get on TV, The US Champ is a comedy jobber, Bryan has no one to feud with that feels like a WM match, and the only exciting option (Kofi) is being screwed with unnecessarily. The Miz / Shane feud is the only big angle on SDL and thats not a match anyone is looking forward too, and the angle has gone really quiet in recent weeks.

SmackDown is just providing the midcard matches again.

The sad thing is there are a few interesting options right there. Instead of Charlotte screwing with Becky v Ronda we could have had a Charlotte v Asuka rematch. Instead of Bryan burying Miz in their last match and then Bryan now struggling for WM opponents and Miz being a joke in the tag division we could have had Miz v Bryan.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait is this really the preview? 2 things :beckylol
That's all they've advertised so far. I'll update the op when the full preview comes out.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The Miz vs Jey Uso match promoted which means: no match will take place or will be replaced by Shane vs Jimmy Uso last minute match with no reference at all to the previoosly announced match.

You know when they announced a segment/match for SDL most of the times it gets scrap at the last minute.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Apparently Becky has been removed from all the SD house shows and tv tapings going forward, so I guess she will be RAW bound from now on. I expect the same happening to Charlotte if they give her the title tonight. SD womens division will literally be Asuka and everyone else since they didn't care in building up the division besides those two.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
None. More. Hated.
6,520 Posts
I'm more interested in where they decide to take the AJ/Orton angle more than anything else, Here's to hoping it's more than just a quick backstage segment.
Dont know why people are busting nuts over this match. Maybe 4 years ago, but Orton obviously does not give 2 shits anymore and doesn't try to hide it lol.

·
Southern Pride
3,591 Posts
The preview does give vibes of a filler show, but I am a interested to see how R-Truth gets through this next open challenge.

The rest of anything possibly happening tonight...nah. Pass. Gotta get past Fast Lane. Not even feeling excited for the return of Owens.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
The highlight is R-Truth... ouch.. lol.

I have no issue with R-Truth being US champion as it stands, he has been very entertaining as of late and if this had been any other time of the year I would be happy with it. But there are just way far better people to put it that title on before Wrestlemania, Andrade Cien Almas or Rey Mysterio for example, set up Almus v Rey at Mania. I want that so badly, those two will tear the house down.

Also happy Pancake Day... Que New Day shenanigans tonight:p

Dont know why people are busting nuts over this match. Maybe 4 years ago, but Orton obviously does not give 2 shits anymore and doesn't try to hide it lol.
You say that, but Orton can give a shit when the right opponent shows himself, His matches with Jeff Hardy were pretty cool last year. That hell in a cell match they had was brutal fun.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Orton/Styles should be fun. Have they done a program together before?

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Orton/Styles should be fun. Have they done a program together before?
No, he's one of the few premiere superstars left to feud with AJ. Looking forward to this a lot as Orton is my favorite active wrestler and Styles has been great for the most part. (Title reign was boring, but he isn't booking himself)

1 - 20 of 364 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.