Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I must have missed this part, but what is the Revolution ladder match all about? Plz don't tell me it's another match where the winner will get a title shot.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hey, Archer vs. Fenix is a worthy main event.

The rest of the card looks like a snoozefest though. Team Taz vs. the Blonds has potential but the Blonds aren't enough of a threat yet to make it particularly exciting.

This was taped last week so I guess some guys were unavailable due to weather (same reason Madi Wrenkowski replaced Anna Jay in the tournament).

I'm hoping Archer vs. Fenix is a showstealer, it will need to be looking at the card. But there will be a women's tournament match which could be good, depending on who is in it.

Hager vs. Cutler and Mox vs. Discount Dolph have squashes written all over them, which hopefully means they've taped some good promos/vignettes to fill time.

IMO, they should run Luchasaurus vs. Cash Wheeler to follow up on Dax vs. Jungle Boy and have the dinosaur win before FTR beat the Jurassics in the tag match. That way it shows FTR have vulnerabilities in singles, but are an elite tag team.

This is the weakest Dynamite lineup since the one with Cody vs. Avalon. Hopefully Archer vs. Fenix is the main event to keep the run of good mains going.

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't mind seeing Sting and Darby make the save for Varsity Blondes mostly because Griff has a great Stinger Splash and if Darby is Crow Sting protege, Griff could be Surfer Sting protege.

I don't hate Hager vs Cutler given it was at least set up last week and I expect Hager will win here with his finisher, with Cutler getting the rub by just being more competitive than it should be.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,821 Posts
Really weak lineup this week. Bunch of squash matches essentially. Hopefully we get a lot of good segments and promos though. Archer vs Fenix should be great.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey, Archer vs. Fenix is a worthy main event.

The rest of the card looks like a snoozefest though. Team Taz vs. the Blonds has potential but the Blonds aren't enough of a threat yet to make it particularly exciting.

This was taped last week so I guess some guys were unavailable due to weather (same reason Madi Wrenkowski replaced Anna Jay in the tournament).

I'm hoping Archer vs. Fenix is a showstealer, it will need to be looking at the card. But there will be a women's tournament match which could be good, depending on who is in it.

Hager vs. Cutler and Mox vs. Discount Dolph have squashes written all over them, which hopefully means they've taped some good promos/vignettes to fill time.

IMO, they should run Luchasaurus vs. Cash Wheeler to follow up on Dax vs. Jungle Boy and have the dinosaur win before FTR beat the Jurassics in the tag match. That way it shows FTR have vulnerabilities in singles, but are an elite tag team.

This is the weakest Dynamite lineup since the one with Cody vs. Avalon. Hopefully Archer vs. Fenix is the main event to keep the run of good mains going.
Not that i am complaining, but what happened to Swole? Why was a jobber the replacement and not Swole or Penélope or even Kylinn King?

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not that i am complaining, but what happened to Swole? Why was a jobber the replacement and not Swole or Penélope or even Kylinn King?
I think she missed the last set of tapings. Brandi posted a photo of all African American AEW talent for Black History Month and Swole was absent and Brandi mentioned about travel issues not allowing everybody to be there.

Edit - Here is the tweet -

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,615 Posts
Fenix vs. Archer and Starks/Cage vs. Varsity Blonds are the highlights of the matches.

First one doesn't need any reason as to why. It involves Ray Fenix. Second one I am looking forward to as I quite like the duo of Pillman and Garrison - think they work really well together and both have a bright future.

The other matches are nothing but ranking pushers.

Interested to see what else they have on the show in the way of storyline progression and development - They are on a bit of a role with Dynamite lately so hopefully they can keep that going with a good show.

·
Registered
26,286 Posts
I would say Fenix vs. Archer is good enough to be in the main event, especially since both guys have been involved in the Omega/Mox storyline for the past few weeks. I'm expecting a super fun clash of styles here with Archer winning.

Cutler vs. Hager will be fine if it's done the same way OC vs. Luther was done last week.

Team Taz vs. Varsity Blondes will be a fine semi squash to make Team Taz look good going into Revolution. Probably see shenanigans with Sting and Darby getting the upper hand after being on the defensive for 2 weeks.

Mox vs. Dolph Lite will go the same way the PAC match did with Mox killing him and probably cutting a good promo afterwards.

And Hangman vs. Kassidy I'm sure will be a solid little match.

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Kingston costs Archer this week and Archer will cost Kingston when he has a qualifier. You sort of have to have Fenix in the ladder match. This would set up Archer vs Kingston - though probably the program AEW keeps for Dynamite rather than bowing off everything on the PPV and having to start from scratch for television.

·
Registered
29 Posts
These all look like good TV matches to me!
I do think Darby should get some more matches as TNT champion soon. He's only had one title defence (vs Jelly) in over a month, what happened to the TV belt getting defended every week?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Did I miss something but did the already placed wrestlers on the ladder match also had a qualifying match? If not why are Fenix vs Archer having a qualifying match?

·
12,098 Posts
Thanks River.

Yeah I'm assuming Archer Fenix gets the main spot this week and I'm assuming Archer wins this. Multiman ladder matches tend to follow a formula. They always have a hoss

·
12,098 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,821 Posts
That didn't make Archer look good. It made it look like his feelings were hurt.

It should have went like this.

Golden boy: gentlemen what's your reaction to this match?

Archer: friend or foe, everybody dies.
Fenix: CIERRO MEUDO

He then slaps Archer, Archer gets a murderous look in his eyes then they brawl
Yeah, that's pretty bad. Archer looks friggin massive though, but the verbiage was weak as hell from both. As was then the physicality.
Lol yeah that could have been done so much better. Less is more.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts