Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Gotta figure the Bucks are going to win the Battle Royal, the question is who should be the F2 team in there - I vote for Jurassic Express. My inking is they're slowly turning Bucks heel out of this angle, so having them in there with another face team, where the crowd support could be even split, and maybe win a bit underhanded could slowly further that planting the seeds of ill will towards the Bucks.

Something has to be planned for the Page/Omega vs Lucha Brothers match other than a clean finish and title retention. I mean the match isn't necessary given they just defended the titles last week and LB could have otherwise been easily thrown into the #1 Contender Battle Royal. So what's going to happen here? Has to involve a PAC attack of Omega to add heat and promote the big Ironman Match between them next week.

We've learned AEW Cage Match rules are pinfall or submission only - no escaping the cage to win garbage. AFAIK we havent seen the cage though yet. I'm hoping there is a roof. Also is the stipulation just to compete in the match or does Cody have to win it? Seems weird that the big baddie in MJF's corner will lose his first ever match - even if it is a cage match against Cody. Does TNT allow color for the match?

Cobb vs Moxley will end with Moxley winning, IC attacking and Cobb siding with Moxley to fight off IC. No other reason to harp on Cobb being the hired gun mercenary than to forebode what he does when the contract is up. I could see Jericho giving Hager the night off to train to destroy Dustin Rhodes in two weeks time, confident that he has Cobb at his command. So when IC attacks Moxley post match, Hager isn't there and thus it's Jericho/Guevara/Ortiz/Santana vs Moxley and Cobb. Jericho quickly powders and the other three are mauled.

It will be interesting to see when the Cage match is put on during the show. I don't think it main events as Moxley needs to be the hook to keep viewership. Maybe to start the second hour - so it airs in the 10pm time slot if they're going to bleed.

·
Banned
894 Posts
I can't see anything being disappointed about, when this show is over... but of course, there will be "those" that will ;) ;)

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
I usually flip back and forth between AEW and NXT but with this show being as stacked as it is, I think I'll watch AEW live first. Last time I was this hyped for a show of theirs was their Thanksgiving Eve show, and that ended up being a dud. I hope this show avoids the same fate.

I'm very interested to see how AEW does this cage match. They've become a joke in WWE because the idea is to negate outside interference, and instead it invites even more. I hope AEW can avoid this. Now, Cody has to win this right? If so, kind of puts Wardlow in a weird spot to lose his 1st match, especially since this match is No Escape.

Mox and Cobb had a match in NJPW during the G1 last year and honestly it wasn't great. But, this is a different set of circumstances, different crowd, different country. So we'll see how it goes this time around. I expect Mox to win. The question is what happens with Cobb afterwards.

Omega/Hangman vs. Lucha Bros should be fun. So should the Battle Royal, though I'm not sure how much of an emphasis it puts on wins and losses when any team could win a tag title shot.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
An interesting dynamic possibly as both Wardlow and Cobb's main goals shouldn't be to win, but to do as much damage to their opponent possibly. Rather than being redundant or overkill, I think both just going out to damage Cody and Mox respectively would be a theme and tenor of the show.

Wardlow could end up costing himself the match by going for a big damage spot and having Cody counter. Maybe the old removing the top turnbuckle pad bit to lawn dart Cody into it only for Cody to wiggle free and send Wardlow in sternum first or something. To somewhat protect Wardlow - there could be bits throughout where maybe Wardlow could have pinned Cody but just kept going for more damage.

With Moxley vs Cobb, Jericho wouldn't care if Cobb loses via DQ or there is a double count out or whatever. Have the IC interfere to keep the match going - distracting ref from Mox and Cobb pins for example. Since it seems Cobb hasn't signed long term, it will be interesting to see how much shine Cobb is given though.

The two storylines keep a UTR parallel between Jericho and MJF to keep them connected in the minds of fans for their eventual feud down the line. Both running the same strategy at the same time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just want to say that the fact that both members of a team will need to be eliminated in the battle royal is a very underrated plus; I hate the fact that the WWE does the whole 'one member of a team is eliminated therefore the whole team is gone' thing, always have.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is so much to look forward to this week. I'm hoping for all the cage spots. Half way outside the door if there is one, fighting at the top of the cage etc.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
There is so much to look forward to this week. I'm hoping for all the cage spots. Half way outside the door if there is one, fighting at the top of the cage etc.
Escape is not a way to end the match so there shouldn't be either/any of those. Should just be a brutally physical match where Wardlow is trying to maul Cody, and Cody is trying to win with at least damage as possible to be ready for the 29th.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
This is going to be one stacked Dynamite this week. They probably will have the tag title match to open the show, can see Mox vs. Cobb at the start of the second hour, and the cage match as the main event. This should all be able to keep casual viewers plugged into the show from start to finish.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Cody wins because Wardlow throws him through the cage wall and he lands on the ground like the Roman/Lesner cage match at one of those Saudi shows.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well on BTE when Cutler informs Hangman of the battle royal and who are in it he goes around and tells several of the teams the Bucks weaknesses are. So they may not win and that the Bucks will eventually find out down the road like when they found out that Adam Cole poisoned Nick which lead to them kicking Cole out of Bullitt Club and then killing him. That story took several weeks to develop and even included Nick not wrestling for a bit.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well on BTE when Cutler informs Hangman of the battle royal and who are in it he goes around and tells several of the teams the Bucks weaknesses are. So they may not win and that the Bucks will eventually find out down the road like when they found out that Adam Cole poisoned Nick which lead to them kicking Cole out of Bullitt Club and then killing him. That story took several weeks to develop and even included Nick not wrestling for a bit.
Ah ok, cool

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Given Cutler is th videographer and Nick edits it all together wouldn't Nick have seen all that footage already. Or was that the invisible cameraman stuff Cody promised to never have? I'm so tired of the "Forget it kid, it's pro-rasslin" and expected to accept such ridiculous storytelling holes of wrestlers being both aware and unaware of being on a show depending on what the story wants/needs at the moment.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.