Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 389 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It's all been said already, but AEW was absolutely fire this week and they just picked up all the momentum they needed going forward. It's really like this show was a reminder that they actually listen to the complaints people are making and are solidifying who's feuding with who, selling angles, and building stories to the best of their abilities.
Being a Jeff Cobb fan since LU, he absolutely marked out when I heard Jericho mention his name as he is the generations Tazz with the suplex machine gimmick in my opinion and he will give the roster a much needed boost assuming he's been signed long term.

A+ this week forsure and definitely think this was their best episode as the booking was to perfection from top to bottom. Thank you AEW for making wrestling more appealing again!!(to me anyways)

·
Ramble On
11,092 Posts
This show ruled. Seems to be when they have a ppv to build to they knock it out of the park. But the way they're building Omega/Hangman and all the big feuds... This is how it's done. They're creating a star with Hangman 100%. MJF too obviously but the slow rise of Hangman is just great to watch considering how a lot of people felt about him when AEW started. Santana and Ortiz are kind of too charismatic to be heels plus their entrance and music, these guys are going to be a great babyface team soon.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
This show ruled. Seems to be when they have a ppv to build to they knock it out of the park. But the way they're building Omega/Hangman and all the big feuds... This is how it's done. They're creating a star with Hangman 100%. MJF too obviously but the slow rise of Hangman is just great to watch considering how a lot of people felt about him when AEW started. Santana and Ortiz are kind of too charismatic to be heels plus their entrance and music, these guys are going to be a great babyface team soon.
i see i am not the only one singing along to the PnP theme.

i legit thought they were going to be Uso 3 and Uso 4 when they came in - ie> generic as fuck

now they are getting to be my favs - both are so unique

i would like to see them with the gold soon - if anything, just to see how Ortiz carries the belt. My bet is on in his mouth or as a headband or something

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have to say I've lost some interest in recent months (still the only show I really follow) but Hangman page is definitely added to Jericho, Cody and Moxley as being someone who draws me in. I'm interested to see where things will go from here but I hope there isn't a heel turn.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Well, I'm all caught up. I thought that might just have been the best episode yet.

Some notes from this week.

- Damn, they're making Britt Baker into something. NUCLEAR HEAT. Now if she just gets some more practice in the ring, she'll actually be ready for the big time.

- That was the best women's match yet on the show. Really don't like Nyla but I suppose it's the best for the division given Riho's schedule. Her reign was basically a no-show. Let's just hope Nyla doesn't reign too long, given Shida and Statlander are waiting in the wings.

- Even the Dark Order is getting better when they appear.

- Excellent stuff with Mox and the Inner Circle, as always.

- MJF is a national treasure, as always.

·
Premium Member
43,784 Posts
MJF is still killing it. Moxley is still great. We had a title change. And Jeff Cobb coming to AEW is a good move.

I thought the show last night was very good overall.

381 - 389 of 389 Posts