Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Its Omega/Page vs SCU for tag titles this week too. Good card this for sure and best since the Cruise IMO. If they are gonna set up Dustin/Hager for Revolution they will have to do it this week.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Wasn't Guevara vs Dustin just done? Something must be planned to come out of that this time around to be going back to it. Something with Hager, or a match for Moxley to attack another IC member or something.

I'd have MJF go over clean, and a Wardlow attack afterwards until Luchasaurus makes the save. I think we need to see Wardlow flash some power moves to get folks intrigued about his upcoming debut cage match against Cody.

Nyla Rose should win the title. This was discussed in a stand alone thread already though.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why does this card excite anyone so far? I like Santana, but the eye patches are dumb. He should have stabbed Ortiz's eye last week, Santana this week and so on.

Riho VS Nyla is going to be terrible, we all can agree with that right?

Dustin VS Sammy could be ok, but why does it need to happen again?

MJF VS Jungle Boy should be a fine match, with Jungle Boy fighting for Cody's honor. But we all know who is going to win or how it is going to end. Cody will cost MJF the match.

And finally, Page is money, Kenny needs to be rebuilt buttttttttt SCU shouldn't be wasting television time anymore.

I just don't get it guys. Hopefully the backstage stuff lifts the quality. There will be Baker insulting someone, a Jericho promo, Darby Allin with a vignette, something to do with Janella and Sabian backstage, a #DarkOrder vignette/post match attack and PAC doing something amazing like usual. None of it stands out unfortunately.

I want to love these shows, but knowing Baker will have a mic, Janella will be on screen, Nyla will be showing her athletic prowess and two average in-ring competitors will be wrestling with one eye just doesn't excite me. Jericho, PAC and whatever Mox does on the mic can't save this show every week..

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm excited, but a lot of that is because I'm going to get to see it live.
MJF VS Jungle Boy should be a fine match, with Jungle Boy fighting for Cody's honor. But we all know who is going to win or how it is going to end. Cody will cost MJF the match.
Really? Because MJF scoring a cheap win over a crowd favorite like Jungle Boy sounds like the obvious call going into a big PPV match.

I'm also calling Dustin getting the win since Austin's his home town.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Hopefully Santana will get his chance to shine. His promo last week was really good. PnP's dynamic reminds me of the Briscoes, and Santana feels to me like Jay. I'd like to see more of him in singles.

Other than that the card is solid.... We seriously need more promos and charter developments.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why does this card excite anyone so far? I like Santana, but the eye patches are dumb. He should have stabbed Ortiz's eye last week, Santana this week and so on.

Riho VS Nyla is going to be terrible, we all can agree with that right?

Dustin VS Sammy could be ok, but why does it need to happen again?

And finally, Page is money, Kenny needs to be rebuilt buttttttttt SCU shouldn't be wasting television time anymore.

I just don't get it guys. Hopefully the backstage stuff lifts the quality. There will be Baker insulting someone, a Jericho promo, Darby Allin with a vignette, something to do with Janella and Sabian backstage, a #DarkOrder vignette/post match attack and PAC doing something amazing like usual. None of it stands out unfortunately.

I want to love these shows, but knowing Baker will have a mic, Janella will be on screen, Nyla will be showing her athletic prowess and two average in-ring competitors will be wrestling with one eye just doesn't excite me. Jericho, PAC and whatever Mox does on the mic can't save this show every week..
Because it is the robotic response to everything AEW ;)

What I am most afraid is Nayla actually winning the title here. Btw where is Statlander? I thought she was the savior of the division and is nowhere near to be seen after the loss agains Riho?

And Mox again with an eyepatch? When he was clearly seing with his eye on NJPW New Beginning? And in general this is just the same stupidity as any stupidity WWE has regarding fancy match names.

Looking forward to Hangman doing cowboy shit.
Looking forward to Jerichos entrance music.

Not looking forward to a Cody entrance.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
And Mox again with an eyepatch? When he was clearly seing with his eye on NJPW New Beginning?
What? You mean he really wasn't stabbed in the eye? No shit, the eye patch is a part of AEW storytelling. If he wore the eyepatch in NJPW they would have to explain to their audience why he has it and thus promoting AEW in the process. Not all fans watch every promotion but those that do know this shit ain't real so who cares.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
He did wear the eyepatch in NJPW. It got knocked off his head.

But he has sold the shit out of that thing. Props to him.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
What? You mean he really wasn't stabbed in the eye? No shit, the eye patch is a part of AEW storytelling. If he wore the eyepatch in NJPW they would have to explain to their audience why he has it and thus promoting AEW in the process. Not all fans watch every promotion but those that do know this shit ain't real so who cares.
This line of thinking has killed wrestling. We know it's fake but it's fucking difficult to suspend belief when you dick heads are yelling "it's fake" from the roof tops every chance you get. Kayfabe is dead, wrestling is about to die. Thanks for that, dorks.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I will say that this looks like an awesome card and that concerns me. Every time the card looks stacked with fantastic match-ups it has not delivered. Strange enough, ones that look like filler episodes on paper knock it out of the park.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

Honestly, which match here looks great? The eye patches will make the match average, MJF is always entertaining, Jungle Boy isn't bad. But what excites you guys about the rest? Try to give proper answers instead of lame responses please, as I am genuinely curious.

·
Premium Member
11,492 Posts
I will say that this looks like an awesome card and that concerns me. Every time the card looks stacked with fantastic match-ups it has not delivered. Strange enough, ones that look like filler episodes on paper knock it out of the park.
This is a packed card but all the matches are storyline-focused. That’s why this could be a fantastic show. Previous “good cards” perhaps didn’t try and further storylines hence why they came off flat.

1 - 20 of 389 Posts