Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
Looks like a good RAW to me. Can't ever say no to a Becky/Asuka match and I've been loving what Seth has been doing with AOP and Murphy. Some nice matches.

Also, I want to say it's been nice to see Lesnar be featured on RAW more and actually be around in the build-up to WrestleMania. It makes a big difference. I don't expect much from the Ricochet match, but looking forward to Drew vs. Brock a ton.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They really hate Shayna,every chance of momentum is cock blocked. Asuka fans will be mourning another loss to a lesser calibre wrestler then shayna attacks and it's bye bye Asuka,Becky has a new toy to unrealistically dominate.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I could see them actually having Shayna for want of a better term ‘Brock’ Becky, then the story is her picking herself back up in the run to say Survivor Series and then Ronda down the line. I know that contradicts this stuff with Asuka but the nuance of Becky thinking she’s on top of the world again after overcoming her demon in Asuka, only for the Shayna to destroy her and throw her back to the curb would be interesting. I guess it’s a bit too complex for a WWE booking team to make as interesting as they should though.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I could see them actually having Shayna for want of a better term ‘Brock’ Becky, then the story is her picking herself back up in the run to say Survivor Series and then Ronda down the line. I know that contradicts this stuff with Asuka but the nuance of Becky thinking she’s on top of the world again after overcoming her demon in Asuka, only for the Shayna to destroy her and throw her back to the curb would be interesting. I guess it’s a bit too complex for a WWE booking team to make as interesting as they should though.
Becky got over by her finding her confidence. It's a bad story for a top face. You risk tanking your top face for a woman who is nearly 40.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,515 Posts
Interested to see where Becky goes if she beats Asuka here, Does this open for a Raw debut with Shayna attacking Becky i wonder.....

They were already talking about bringing Shayna up to the MR when she lost the NXT Women's Title so better now than never.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I'm guessing that there will be some interference in Becky/Asuka. I'm hoping it's to set up an Elimination Chamber match for Becky's title and not just Shayna interfering for more teasing. It's too point A to Point B while rendering everyone else meaningless.

·
Southern Pride
2,819 Posts
Hopefully there will be interference in the Becky/Asuka match. I'm assuming that there will be to set up for something in the future. Maybe Shayna. I'm not a huge Asuka fan but it would make no sense to have her lose clean again here.

Still enjoying Rollins and the disciples. One thing, it's BUDDY Murphy. B-U-D-D-Y. Put it back WWE.

Hopefully more of Charlotte. Maybe she gets interviewed backstage about what happened on NXT.

Hopefully Angel Garza and Zelina.

Do something with Street Profits WWE that isn't SNL inspired please.

·
Registered
287 Posts
They will probably push having a Ricochet Vs Lashley tonight, and your going to hear Lana in his corner screaming and yelling. with Ricochet winning again.

·
Custom User Title
6,314 Posts
Becky got over by her finding her confidence. It's a bad story for a top face. You risk tanking your top face for a woman who is nearly 40.
WWE seems to have this mentality that all former MMA stars are draws to the product. A lot of people have already soured on the idea of Becky/Shayna as a feud. Because Shayna's promos are pretty one dimensional (I would probably be richer than Vince if I got $10 every time Shayna talked about -REALITY-), and I honestly don't think they are going to mesh well at all in the ring. This is on top of Shayna fatigue in general right now, because we just got done with her holding the NXT Women's title scene hostage, and now its likely she'll do the same to the RAW Women's Title scene.

That's not even discounting the fact that it's incredibly likely that Shayna/Becky will be the weakest match on the WM card either. Either Shayna wins and we get 1000 years of darkness, or Becky wins and she completely buries the division as a result. To the point of where they would need to call up someone like a Rhea or Io to completely fucking decimate her in like 5 minutes the night after Mania to even think of salvaging it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
WWE seems to have this mentality that all former MMA stars are draws to the product. A lot of people have already soured on the idea of Becky/Shayna as a feud. Because Shayna's promos are pretty one dimensional (I would probably be richer than Vince if I got $10 every time Shayna talked about -REALITY-), and I honestly don't think they are going to mesh well at all in the ring. This is on top of Shayna fatigue in general right now, because we just got done with her holding the NXT Women's title scene hostage, and now its likely she'll do the same to the RAW Women's Title scene.

That's not even discounting the fact that it's incredibly likely that Shayna/Becky will be the weakest match on the WM card either. Either Shayna wins and we get 1000 years of darkness, or Becky wins and she completely buries the division as a result. To the point of where they would need to call up someone like a Rhea or Io to completely fucking decimate her in like 5 minutes the night after Mania to even think of salvaging it.
I'm not overly excited about the feud because of the possible option of trying to go a Rocky 3 direction with Becky to get her back into an underdog role. Becky's matches and character work are much better when she isn't the underdog. It's hard to sell Becky as an underdog ever again now that she has a 300 + day title reign.

Shayna typically works with an underdog. I can see the styles not meshing if the dynamic they are given is wrong.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Not sure but it probably will due to the women (outside of 1 match) not being at the Saudi show and also because Shayna may actually make an appearnce.
We'll see on the Shayna making an appearance. Shayna seems to be leaning into the speculation on Instagram.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts