Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I don’t like it when WWE do random multi-man matches. Like, what is the point? Why not just do a singles match, or tag match, and then put the other contenders against each other too?

It’s lazy booking, but it’s also just...not simple, lol. It makes everything messier.

·
HEADBANGA
21,854 Posts
I don’t like it when WWE do random multi-man matches. Like, what is the point? Why not just do a singles match, or tag match, and then put the other contenders against each other too?

It’s lazy booking, but it’s also just...not simple, lol. It makes everything messier.
You burn out of fresh programs if you do too many singles or tag matches. New Japan is excellent at keeping single matches fresh by using the multi man formula, WWE and AEW is smart enough to do the same.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why isnt this show built as a pay per view.

I dont get going through the process of acquiring the "bash at the beach" trademark only to use it as a regular Dynamite episode.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Why isnt this show built as a pay per view.

I dont get going through the process of acquiring the "bash at the beach" trademark only to use it as a regular Dynamite episode.
It's special two week Dynamite. This week is Bash at Beach part 1 and next week is part 2 from Jericho cruise. They are only doing four ppvs per year. Which they probably want there own names for those shows. But they will do these special themed Dynamite with stronger cards like this in between ppvs.

I could see Hangman Page facing Kenny Omega, and Kenny Omega vs. Pac occurring before Revolution. That said, with AEW's slow pace at proceeding with storylines, you could be right. At Revolution, Page could turn on Omega for the PPV shock factor, akin to MJF turning on Cody. Subsequently, they'll continue the feud until the next PPV.

Agreed. Too many high impact moves are being kicked out of. I remember The Young Bucks vs. Lucha Brothers series. All of those matches should have finished before they did. I can only suspend my disbelief so far before it becomes ridiculous.

I appreciate the slower builds that AEW are attempting to do. WWE tend to rush through programmes impatiently. However, they are in danger of dragging programmes out too slowly to the extent that missing a Dynamite episode wouldn't be too bad as you likely haven't missed anything. It's likely to do with only having four PPVs; it'd be helpful to add another two.

Since they held out on doing Omega/Pac rubber match for near two months following this show. And kept them from actually doing anything on tv. Besides Pac asking for his rematch and attacking Nakazawa.

My guess is they officially make Pac/Omega for Revolution. Over the next few weeks and they actually feud. Other wise it wouldn't make sense to go at this slow pace. Unless they were just killing time. So they can announce rubber match for the ppv 4 or 5 weeks out. Then they can actual feud together.

Yeah I think they will make Page official turn against Omega and the Elite at Revolution. Right now a lot of teases etc. My guess is Page will get back on track going into the ppv. He will stop drinking and be there to back up Omega and Bucks. So people think oh he's not going to turn. Then he will turn on them. Right now is planting the seeds for the turn. Then they will swerve with all is good again. Then actual turn will happen.

·
Lucas Landslide
1,271 Posts
It's special two week Dynamite. This week is Bash at Beach part 1 and next week is part 2 from Jericho cruise. They are only doing four ppvs per year. Which they probably want there own names for those shows. But they will do these special themed Dynamite with stronger cards like this in between ppvs.
Stronger card? if anything on paper it looks one of there weakest cards theyve put on.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Cool! So is next Wednesday's "Dynamite" going to be taped? It won't be live, right?

·
Registered
447 Posts
The worst is the fact that a lot of the times the finish is nowhere near as cool as some of the earlier high spots. I think NXT is the worst offender of that shit. You'll get wild shit like a 450 Rock Bottom off the top of a cage for 2, but the finish is a running knee lol
Yep lol. Im all for more athletic matches but these companies really need to dail it back a bit.

Im surprised NXT does that too because I thought tne WWE was a slower paced company. I gues they jumped on the bandwagon too.

I wouldnt know because I dont watch anything WWE related these days because they're product has been straight ass for far too long.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Stronger card? if anything on paper it looks one of there weakest cards theyve put on.
You got one of your top stars in Moxley wrestling one of their better younger talent in Sammy Guevara. You got a big 4 way number 1 contender match. DDP is coming out of retirement to wrestle. Not to mention Pac vs Darby Allin which is ppv quality match as well. How is that a weak card? It blows away last week and easily one of their top 3-5 best cards for Dynamite. Remember these are AEW stars..

1.Jericho (likely will be doing something in Moxley match)
2.Moxley-Wrestling
3.Omega-wrestling
4.Cody-schedule promo
5.Page-wrestling
6.Pac-wrestling
7.MJF-wrestling
8.Darby Allin-wrestling
9.Dustin Rhodes-wrestling
10.Sammy Guevara-Wrestling
11.Young Bucks-wrestling

So you got majority of your top guys in matches. While other guys will have talking segments. Not to mention you have legend in DDP coming out of retirement.

Who besides a few WWE battle royal appearances. Fans haven't seen wrestle since TNA in like 2005. So even if you personally don't like the match ups. Well the fact that AEW is using most of their big talent In matches or major segments. Well that tells you that it is indeed a very strong card for Dynamite show. There no Best Friends&Orange Cassidy vs Jungle Express on this show. Or Shawn Spears vs Brandon Cutler type stuff on this show.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Cool! So is next Wednesday's "Dynamite" going to be taped? It won't be live, right?
Yeah taping it from the Jericho Cruise next Tuesday. So it will have a pretty cool look with matches on cruise ship.

It will be interesting how that show does ratings wise. The show will be taped and results will probably leak. But it will have really good cool look . So if they do strong matches. It should still do good rating. Because it's different enough then normal show.

DDP isnt as popular as you think he is
If you grew up in attitude era he was. He was one of the most over guys in WCW. I'm willing to bet that match gets good rating spike. With DDP back in the ring on TNT. Even if he doesn't do much in the match.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
Yep lol. Im all for more atheric matches but these companies really need to dail it back a bit.

Im surprided NXT does that too because I thought tne WWE was a slower paced company. I guees they jumped on the badwagon too.

I wouldnt know because I dont watch anything WWR related these days because they're product has been straight ass for far too long.
The main roster doesn't as much as they're still under Vince's thumb. But NXT is basically WWE's answer to modern wrestling for today's hardcore fans. Lots of wrestling and simple stories. The shows are good if you like today's style. I'd say NXT is sort of like a 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. Is it the best burger you'll have no, but it's pretty good and pretty consistent.

If you grew up in attitude era he was. He was one of the most over guys in WCW. I'm willing to bet that match gets good rating spike. With DDP back in the ring on TNT. Even if he doesn't do much in the match.
Facts I don't like it, but that match will get a spike. DDP hasn't wrestled since like 2004 in TNA. It's actually surprising they're giving it away on a week's notice

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
You burn out of fresh programs if you do too many singles or tag matches. New Japan is excellent at keeping single matches fresh by using the multi man formula, WWE and AEW is smart enough to do the same.
Completely disagree. Multi-person matches water everything down and still have guys interacting without the drama of a singles bout. Tell proper stories through your singles and tags. Make multi-person matches special, so you can actually draw with them.

As far as DDP as a draw goes...eh. He was over in WCW, but I think people forget how he kind of flopped as WCW Champion. And people forgetting that could work in their favor.

DDP looks old though. There could be some morbid curiosity, but I don’t know if people seeing him in this state is a great idea. People are also forgetting how toxic it was to have such old guys going out there and stinking up the joint. DDP and Dustin are both old enough to be out of the key demo. This could piss a lot of casuals off, should they catch wind of it.

Someone pointed out the other day that Jericho is almost as old as Gerald Brisco when he was a stooge for Vince McMahon, lol. It might be sensible to move in a younger direction soon. It gets very uncomfortable when all the wrestlers in star positions are senior citizens or approaching it.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Facts I don't like it, but that match will get a spike. DDP hasn't wrestled since like 2004 in TNA. It's actually surprising they're giving it away on a week's notice
Yeah Attitude era stars always give rating spikes like that. People are going to be curious to see him in the ring. I saw interview with Page today saying this is probably his final match. My guess is DDP isn't going to do a lot in the match.

Probably only be in the match for a couple of minute overall. So I don't think they wanna make too much of a big deal and upset fans. I think it's more put over MJF. With him pinning a legend who's close to Cody.

·
Banned
894 Posts
DDP isnt as popular as you think he is
So, does that mean you agree that what game said to be true because of the remainder of the talent on the show? Or, does that mean you dismiss everything else game said about the show because DDP is wrestling? Which is it? Pick one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
That's probably my biggest gripe about AEW, I've seen way too many matches where they hit a killer move only for it to end in a kick out. If anything they need to scale back on the false finishes as well.
Mate, if you have an issue with false finishes, start with NJPW then WWE and then work your way down - as its in all of wrestling, because what you see as a ‘finisher’ the wrestling world does not see as a finisher any more

personally, i have little to no problem with it

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The event is indoors, I was actually hoping it was going to be an outdoor event on a beach like WCW used to do, I think would be neat.
WCW's Bash at the Beach was held 7 times and only once was it held outdoors. What I want it to be is like Nitro's Spring Break-Out that use to be Panama City FL and the ring use to sit on a platform in the middle of a pool.

·
Registered
133 Posts
WCW's Bash at the Beach was held 7 times and only once was it held outdoors. What I want it to be is like Nitro's Spring Break-Out that use to be Panama City FL and the ring use to sit on a platform in the middle of a pool.
I think that would be pretty neat, if AEW did something like that in the future.

·
HEADBANGA
21,854 Posts
Completely disagree. Multi-person matches water everything down and still have guys interacting without the drama of a singles bout. Tell proper stories through your singles and tags. Make multi-person matches special, so you can actually draw with them.

As far as DDP as a draw goes...eh. He was over in WCW, but I think people forget how he kind of flopped as WCW Champion. And people forgetting that could work in their favor.

DDP looks old though. There could be some morbid curiosity, but I don’t know if people seeing him in this state is a great idea. People are also forgetting how toxic it was to have such old guys going out there and stinking up the joint. DDP and Dustin are both old enough to be out of the key demo. This could piss a lot of casuals off, should they catch wind of it.

Someone pointed out the other day that Jericho is almost as old as Gerald Brisco when he was a stooge for Vince McMahon, lol. It might be sensible to move in a younger direction soon. It gets very uncomfortable when all the wrestlers in star positions are senior citizens or approaching it.
AEW isn't running 12 PPVs a year and they don't have an extensive roster the WWE has. If you're telling stories through your singles and tag matches then you're either: doing a lot of 50/50 book, which doesn't get anyone over or you're doing a bunch of fuck finishes which will turn people off. You need to build to big matches so that people are willing to pay for the next PPV. Would you want to see Mox/Jericho or MJF/Cody at Revolution if they've had several matches already?

Mate, if you have an issue with false finishes, start with NJPW then WWE and then work your way down - as its in all of wrestling, because what you see as a ‘finisher’ the wrestling world does not see as a finisher any more

personally, i have little to no problem with it
The thing with NJPW is that the false finishes are in their big matches have major titles on the line and a lot of backstory behind their sequences and big moves. AEW is having way too many matches with nothing on the line and their is a bunch of false finishes. Their women division is guilty of this where I've seen women trying to have classic bouts with ZERO story behind it and doing big fucking moves and kicking out of them for no reason like they're fighting for a title. You need to build stars and tiers to who their top guys are and who their underneath guys are. Kenny Omega has been going 50/50 with fucking Kip Sabian and Joey Janela and how is that helping Kenny look like a top star when he's giving these guys way too much offense? Save the false finishes and big moves for matches that matter.

61 - 80 of 569 Posts