Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will be SCU vs Santana/Ortiz at Revolution. With Young Bucks doing something with Dark Order. Maybe Revolution card ike this...

1.Moxley vs Jericho
2.MJF vs Cody
3.Omega vs Pac
4.Santana/Ortiz vs SCU
5.Dustin vs Hager
6.Young Bucks vs Dark Order
7.Riho vs Britt Baker
8.Kris Statlander vs Awesome Kong

Preshow
9.Joey Janela vs Kip Sabian

They could combine woman's matches to do big 4 way title match. I could see Adam Page without a match. But having a big turn on either Omega or the Bucks.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
It should've been a simple 1 v 1 for the number 1 contenders spot. Omega & Page vs PnP
They’ve had plenty 1on1 contenders’ matches

so, a 4-way is in order for the tag div IMO

but, let’s be honest, not really a big thing either way

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
They’ve had plenty 1on1 contenders’ matches

so, a 4-way is in order for the tag div IMO

but, let’s be honest, not really a big thing either way
It's certainly no big deal it's just stupid imo you don't have to do a 4-way just because, especially when you do a fuck ton of multi-man get everyone on the card matches as it is.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
It's certainly no big deal it's just stupid imo you don't have to do a 4-way just because, especially when you do a fuck ton of multi-man get everyone on the card matches as it is.
:)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The card for tomorrow looks solid, and like a few have stated hopefully they do something cool to integrate the beach theme since they are not on an actual beach. Maybe they’ll have a pool and sand in the entrance area that might be used for the 4 way tag match.

I agree that 4 way tag match is probably going to be a cluster, but at this point it is what it is. They probably want to get as many wrestlers on the card as possible due to the themed episode.

Would have been cool if they would have booked at least a title match for tomorrow’s show make it feel a bit more important.

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is not an AEW specific problem but I thought I should mention this.

I just watched Kenny and Page vs Private Party and its really bothering me how matches today in wrestling overuse moves and spots that should defeat an oppenent.

I mean, you have guys nowadays in every company using moves that should be finishers as their basic movesets.

In this match, Page and Kenny basically kneed the fuck out of one of the members of Private Party and hit him with about 4 or 5 brutal knees back to back and the guy just casually kicked out after two and it wasnt even a close count. This after all the brutal flashy moves that they've already endured during the match.

Its like everybody nowadays in wrestling have Undertaker endurance and its driving me crazy.

Like wtf do you have to do nowadays to put your opponent down? Lmao

Its disturbing how crazy things have gotten. Overall show was good though

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,919 Posts
The card for tomorrow looks solid, and like a few have stated hopefully they do something cool to integrate the beach theme since they are not on an actual beach. Maybe they’ll have a pool and sand in the entrance area that might be used for the 4 way tag match.

I agree that 4 way tag match is probably going to be a cluster, but at this point it is what it is. They probably want to get as many wrestlers on the card as possible due to the themed episode.

Would have been cool if they would have booked at least a title match for tomorrow’s show make it feel a bit more important.
Clusters can make for some fun tv viewing. Just my opinion, of course. :D

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
Should be a fun show:

*Mox vs. Guevara could be a nice hidden gem. Sammy will bump his ass of for Mox, and I'll be interested to see if Jericho and the IC get their revenge this week. Because we know eventually Mox is going to get taken out.

*They really need to accelerate the build for MJF vs. Cody. I won't lie, I've been disappointed with the feud so far. It's going by at an Iceberg's pace. And I get it, it's hard to build a match for 4 months to the next PPV. But when I see all the times they could have interacted and haven't, even at times where they've been in back to back segments with each other, this feud doesn't feel like it's progressing from one stage to the next. It feels like it's killing time. That needs to change soon.

*The 4 Way Tag could be bonkers. And with The Bucks in there with their friends Kenny and Hangman (and with Hangman drinking), that should make for a fun dynamic. This should absolutely open the show.

*PAC vs. Allin could be great. Both guys can fly, both guys can sell their ass off, both will do anything in the ring. Again, this could be great. And I'll just say this here: Kenny, for the love of God, just accept PAC's challenge. He'ls almost murdered your friend like twice now. Another feud going by at a slow pace and not in a good way.

*I hated the DDP segment last week. Rattled off plugs and to make it worse he made Butcher & Blade look like complete chumps. Why should I take them seriously if a 63 year old DDP can take them out all by himself? They need to remedy this this week with a strong win for MJF and company.

*The women's match is another case of me not having much interest going into it. We'll see if Kris and Shida can salvage this.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I could see Adam Page without a match. But having a big turn on either Omega or the Bucks.
I could see Hangman Page facing Kenny Omega, and Kenny Omega vs. Pac occurring before Revolution. That said, with AEW's slow pace at proceeding with storylines, you could be right. At Revolution, Page could turn on Omega for the PPV shock factor, akin to MJF turning on Cody. Subsequently, they'll continue the feud until the next PPV.

I just watched Kenny and Page vs Private Party and its really bothering me how matches today in wrestling overuse moves and spots that should defeat an oppenent.

I mean, you have guys nowadays in every company using moves that should be finishers as their basic moveset.

In this march. Page and Kenny basicall kneed the fuck out of one of the members of Private Party and hit him with about 4 or 5 brutal knees back to back and the guy just casually kicked out after two and it wasnt even a close count. This after all the brutal flashy moves that they've already endured during the match.

Its like everybody nowadays in wrestling have Undertaker endurance and its driving me crazy.

1. Its disturbing how crazy things have gotten. Overall show was good though
Agreed. Too many high impact moves are being kicked out of. I remember The Young Bucks vs. Lucha Brothers series. All of those matches should have finished before they did. I can only suspend my disbelief so far before it becomes ridiculous.

*They really need to accelerate the build for MJF vs. Cody. I won't lie, I've been disappointed with the feud so far. It's going by at an Iceberg's pace. And I get it, it's hard to build a match for 4 months to the next PPV. But when I see all the times they could have interacted and haven't, even at times where they've been in back to back segments with each other, this feud doesn't feel like it's progressing from one stage to the next. It feels like it's killing time. That needs to change soon.

*PAC vs. Allin could be great. Both guys can fly, both guys can sell their ass off, both will do anything in the ring. Again, this could be great. And I'll just say this here: Kenny, for the love of God, just accept PAC's challenge. He'ls almost murdered your friend like twice now. Another feud going by at a slow pace and not in a good way.
I appreciate the slower builds that AEW are attempting to do. WWE tend to rush through programmes impatiently. However, they are in danger of dragging programmes out too slowly to the extent that missing a Dynamite episode wouldn't be too bad as you likely haven't missed anything. It's likely to do with only having four PPVs; it'd be helpful to add another two.

·
HEADBANGA
21,854 Posts

I mean, you have guys nowadays in every company using moves that should be finishers as their basic movesets.

In this match, Page and Kenny basically kneed the fuck out of one of the members of Private Party and hit him with about 4 or 5 brutal knees back to back and the guy just casually kicked out after two and it wasnt even a close count. This after all the brutal flashy moves that they've already endured during the match.

That's probably my biggest gripe about AEW, I've seen way too many matches where they hit a killer move only for it to end in a kick out. If anything they need to scale back on the false finishes as well.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Glad they are still doing road to but this weaks episode was a little weaker than most of then

·
Registered
20,612 Posts

The worst is the fact that a lot of the times the finish is nowhere near as cool as some of the earlier high spots. I think NXT is the worst offender of that shit. You'll get wild shit like a 450 Rock Bottom off the top of a cage for 2, but the finish is a running knee lol

41 - 60 of 569 Posts