Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
They just lost a title match recently, giving them a number 1 contenders match when they haven't won a tag match sense goes against wins and losses mattering
anybody in the top 5 has a valid shout to take part in a number 1 contender match

it does not always have to be 1 on 1 between the top two

in this case, it is a fatal 4-way made by the ’booking committee’ - YB is in the top 4 at least

so.... fail to see the issue here

·
Premium Member
11,492 Posts
I think Moxley vs Guevara will be MotN. Will be solid workrate plus it has a storyline reason to happen.
More of this needs to happen in wrestling in general. The art of storytelling has been lost since the beginning of last decade when TNA started flopping. TNA was actually sick at story-based matches.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
anybody in the top 5 has a valid shout to take part in a number 1 contender match

it does not always have to be 1 on 1 between the top two

in this case, it is a fatal 4-way made by the ’booking committee’ - YB is in the top 4 at least

so.... fail to see the issue here
You don't see the issue with them losing a title match and then there next tag match being a number 1 contenders match? You can't say wins and losses matter and we're booking logically, and give them that chance. That's the type of WWE shit people have complained about for years.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
You don't see the issue with them losing a title match and then there next tag match being a number 1 contenders match? You can't say wins and losses matter and we're booking logically, and give them that chance. That's the type of WWE shit people have complained about for years.
I don’t see the problem if its a fatal 4-way and they are in the top 4

i would see an issue if it was a number 1 contender between the top 2 teams and they were part of it, as they aren’t ranked in the top 2 currently

and even though I give zero shits about WWE at the moment, i think we can agree the stuff they get shit for, are people getting a title shot multiple times even when they’ve lost multiple times + they’ve been doing that shit for years and years, so their goodwill is less.

but as a rule, I’m not a fan of ‘whataboutism’ arguments - mainly, as i Don’t watch that show - so, why should i care how they do it?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
5 matches and 1 promo announced.

I could do with 1 less match and a couple of more unannounced segments, but let’s see how this goes.
You know Jericho will cut a promo or at least be on commentary during Moxley/Guevara match. It's not WWE or TNA/Impact level of promos or back stage segments. But they been squeezing more of them lately.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
I don’t see the problem if its a fatal 4-way and they are in the top 4

i would see an issue if it was a number 1 contender between the top 2 teams and they were part of it, as they aren’t ranked in the top 2 currently
It screams of when WWE randomly does a multi man match because they don't want somebody pinned. They likely don't want to pin either Page & Omega or PnP so they added Best Friends, and to do that they had to add the Bucks to explain it.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
They did a good job of getting Sammy wins before he faced Mox. Obviously there's close to no chance he wins, but at least commentary can sell that he's hitting his stride.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
It screams of when WWE randomly does a multi man match because they don't want somebody pinned. They likely don't want to pin either Page & Omega or PnP so they added Best Friends, and to do that they had to add the Bucks to explain it.
that is analysing ‘why’ they’re doing it. Which is fine.

but it still makes sense within the confines of the tv show, so what does it matter?

that’s like saying ‘the reason there was a smoke monster in Lost was because they did not have the budget for an animatronic dinosaur’.... well, yes - but in the show and story, it’s a smoke monster

ps> i think PnP are winning, just by the way

·
Premium Member
11,492 Posts
They did a good job of getting Sammy wins before he faced Mox. Obviously there's close to no chance he wins, but at least commentary can sell that he's hitting his stride.
I think he should win here with Jericho interference. Moxley can then destroy him in a future match. Moxley doesn’t need the win here IMO. A win would help Guevara. A dirty win would further the feud.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
that is analysing ‘why’ they’re doing it. Which is fine.

but it still makes sense within the confines of the tv show, so what does it matter?

that’s like saying ‘the reason there was a smoke monster in Lost was because they did not have the budget for an animatronic dinosaur’.... well, yes - but in the show and story, it’s a smoke monster

ps> i think PnP are winning, just by the way
I don't think it makes much sense at all story wise for reasons I've already mentioned.

Far as winner I'd like PnP but I think they'll go Omega and Page. I could see them winning the titles then losing at Revolution to start the turn.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
I think he should win here with Jericho interference. Moxley can then destroy him in a future match. Moxley doesn’t need the win here IMO. A win would help Guevara. A dirty win would further the feud.
I don't disagree with you at all there. Also gives Jericho a chance to scream how he just lost and can't possibly be a contender for his title.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I don't think it makes much sense at all story wise for reasons I've already mentioned.

Far as winner I'd like PnP but I think they'll go Omega and Page. I could see them winning the titles then losing at Revolution to start the turn.
Ok - who should logically take their spot?

·
Registered
636 Posts
When did the title match they lost happen? 2019. The records have reset for 2020. It is a new season. Everyone is back to even. It looks like the main issue is you don't agree with the 'season' gimmick(I know there is another word that is better to say what I'm trying to say but I can't think of it. I am tired.) If that is the case, well then I get why it looks like the typical shit WWE does but it does make sense under 'seasons.'

I hope I got my point across enough.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
It looks like WWE shit, because it is lazy booking. Triple threat matches and fatal 4-way matches have always been lazy. Just like they did with the triple threat tag match just before Full Gear. It just feel like lazy booking/story-telling. Here, we don’t have much going on with these guys, so we’re slapping them all in this same fucking match.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
When did the title match they lost happen? 2019. The records have reset for 2020. It is a new season. Everyone is back to even. It looks like the main issue is you don't agree with the 'season' gimmick(I know there is another word that is better to say what I'm trying to say but I can't think of it. I am tired.) If that is the case, well then I get why it looks like the typical shit WWE does but it does make sense under 'seasons.'

I hope I got my point across enough.
I definitely don't agree with seasons, rankings, or an official W-L record. Situations like this just show why there are unnecessary holes when you add all that.

Rankings wise it makes no sense because they picked the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and an unranked team for the match.

Season wise it doesn't make sense as despite being unranked Omega and Page are the only tag team involved with a win this season.

If your doing a combination of rankings and last season then why not Omega and Page vs last seasons number 1 contenders.

While WWE still randomly hands out title opportunities to losers at least they don't have a structured system that's supposed to logically create matches. Or they pull the grudge card. This is the ignoring all their systems and doing a multi-man because they want to protect PnP and Omega & Page.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
It looks like WWE shit, because it is lazy booking. Triple threat matches and fatal 4-way matches have always been lazy. Just like they did with the triple threat tag match just before Full Gear. It just feel like lazy booking/story-telling. Here, we don’t have much going on with these guys, so we’re slapping them all in this same fucking match.
The Bucks should really be off with SCU continuing The Dark Order story they are pushing through with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think it looks like a pretty solid card, my big gripe though is they are calling it "Bash at the Beach" ok so what's going to be different about it? Is it going to be a beach and tropical setting and atmosphere? I guess I will have to wait and find out I suppose, that's marketing and advertising 1 o 1 huh?

The event is indoors, I was actually hoping it was going to be an outdoor event on a beach like WCW used to do, I think would be neat.

21 - 40 of 569 Posts