Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 735 Posts

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
Hopefully Cody laughs at the silly stipulations and tells MJF how it will be - Cage match at Revolution between Cody and MJF. No silly lashes, no hands off policy, no facing Wardlow first.

I will be let down if there isn't a title change tonight. Though I guess what I want most is a good match above all.

Janela vs Sabian and Ford are chirping at each other via socials - I still have a feeling it will get too personal and the angle will be dropped.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Title change, please. Riho needs to drop the belt.
I was hoping the same last week, so let's see if they pull the trigger this week. Unless Riho has decided to show up every week, and even if that is the case, they still need to get the title off of her. It's hurting the women's division very badly. She doesn't talk to cut promos, and even Nakazawa translating hasn't been helpful either.

The faster they get the women's title off of Riho and the tag titles off of SCU, the better they will be.

Will be interesting to see Page turn on Omega this week if they are pulling the trigger.

Hopefully Cody laughs at the silly stipulations and tells MJF how it will be - Cage match at Revolution between Cody and MJF. No silly lashes, no hands off policy, no facing Wardlow first.

I will be let down if there isn't a title change tonight. Though I guess what I want most is a good match above all.

Janela vs Sabian and Ford are chirping at each other via socials - I still have a feeling it will get too personal and the angle will be dropped.
Now that would salvage the feud from MJF's off the wall stipulations that he demanded last week.

Same here, as I mentioned in my previous post I'll also be disappointed if there is no title change tomorrow night. They need to get that title off of Riho.

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
It's probably going to be a small crowd in an mostly empty venue. I might hold off on a Page heel turn if it was booked. You gotta go ahead with the title change though. Bash at the Beach is next week - how is the Miami venue selling. I'd push back the heel turn to there. Week after is Jericho cruise which is too gimmicky for any big angle. I think the heel turn will happen before Revolution - I think we get Omega vs Hangman vs PAC at the PPV.

I don't get the point of Lucha Bros vs Rhodes Bros - I guess just padding LB record to get them a title shot at Revolution where we can finally be rid of SCU as champs.

After Revolution we could have Moxley, Lucha Brothers and Kris Statlander as the AEW Champs. I suspect we get Young Bucks vs Dark Order at Revolution as well, and the unveiling of the Exalted One at the first Dynamite in March.

Revolution could be stacked if it plays out that way -

Moxley vs Jericho for the AEW TItle
Lucha Brothers vs ACU for AEW Tag Titles
Statlander title defense
Cody vs MJF in a cage
Omega vs PAC vs Hangman
Young Bucks vs TheDark Order
Nyla vs Shanna
Janela vs Sabian

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
It's probably going to be a small crowd in an mostly empty venue. I might hold off on a Page heel turn if it was booked. You gotta go ahead with the title change though. Bash at the Beach is next week - how is the Miami venue selling. I'd push back the heel turn to there. Week after is Jericho cruise which is too gimmicky for any big angle. I think the heel turn will happen before Revolution - I think we get Omega vs Hangman vs PAC at the PPV.

I don't get the point of Lucha Bros vs Rhodes Bros - I guess just padding LB record to get them a title shot at Revolution where we can finally be rid of SCU as champs.

After Revolution we could have Moxley, Lucha Brothers and Kris Statlander as the AEW Champs. I suspect we get Young Bucks vs Dark Order at Revolution as well, and the unveiling of the Exalted One at the first Dynamite in March.

Revolution could be stacked if it plays out that way -

Moxley vs Jericho for the AEW TItle
Lucha Brothers vs ACU for AEW Tag Titles
Statlander title defense
Cody vs MJF in a cage
Omega vs PAC vs Hangman
Young Bucks vs TheDark Order
Nyla vs Shanna
Janela vs Sabian
They are giving Kong squash wins lately. I'm guessing they are building up her and Statlander for title.

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
What they do with Private Party will be interesting they honestly have kind of dropped the ball with them post Bucks win. If they're doing a turn with Page here and giving Private Party the win they have to follow up with some type of story for them

·
Southern Pride
2,682 Posts
Looking forward to the whole card for tomorrow night, along with Moxleys answer to Jericho.

Marko Stunt talking about the criticism that he has gotten is interesting.

Riho vs. Statlander, my original thought was that it is too soon for Statlander to win the belt BUT it may not matter since they really need to take it off of Riho.

·
Registered
22,292 Posts
Kris is about twice the size of Riho and Riho just took a table bump from Nyla Rose after the match last week. All that added up pretty means Kris has to win here. I don't hate Riho, far from it. But at the same time the women's championship, while the matches have been fine, just hasn't been interesting on her. And Kris is the hot hand right now, go with it.

They're slow burning the stuff with Hangman big time so I don't expect anything shocking here, just more dissension between him and The Elite.

The Lucha Bros tag matches can be hit and miss honestly so here's hoping it's more hit with Cody and Dustin and they don't go too overboard with their usual spots. When they get their shit in and the match doesn't go too long, they're great. It goes too long in a normal match with rules, their matches become overkill, IMO. I hope working with a guy like Dustin slows them down a bit. And Dustin working with those guys could be a fun character clash.

And as for Mox, they still have a bit under 2 months until Revolution. And I kind of like the idea that Mox, while at times this pure animal in the ring, is also human and does acknowledge his friendship with Jericho. Makes this feel more personal. So I could see a scenario where he joins Jericho, whether it be sincere or a ploy to take out the IC from within. But at the end of the day I think Mox will decline and we either get a beatdown or an escape.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Seems like a good card. I don't like group tag matches main eventing week in week out
Yeah theres too many tag matches on this show. You have 1 singles match with mid card guys and three tag. Last week I didnt mind tag main event. Because they had Cody/Darby, Moxley/Trent and Dustin/Sammy. Which felt bigger then Sammy/Daniels since it was only Dustin 2nd AEW singles match.

This week feels like tag over kill with Cody&Dustin and Omega&Page both in tag matches. Especially when Moxley or Jericho don't have matches.

IMO this isn't type of card you put out there to carry over momentum from last week. This feel like a filler show for bigger Bash at Beach show and match ups the next week.

The only way a show like this is gonna work. If most of these matches aren't very long. With this show being more promo/segment heavy. With big Moxley decision and that whole angle. Along with Cody responding to MJF demands. As well as promos and post match stuff to set things up for two Bash at Beach shows. Let's see if they book it right or not. Cuz this should be a heavy promo and not heavy wrestling show.

Couldn't watch the last couple weeks but will check this out. Riho/Kris will be great.
I didn't know who Kris Statlander was on Thanksgiving. Now I'm a big fan of hers and will be disappointed if she loses this match. Honestly this match the only match I wanna see. Daniels/Guevara interest me some. But tag matches don't do anything for me. So this woman's match, Moxley/Jericho stuff, Cody response, what Adam Page does post match and somewhat Sammy/Daniels is only what I'm watching for.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm a fan of Riho but I do hopes she drops the belt here. Stat is going to be a star and is probably the second most over female after Riho herself. Give her the strap and have her successfully defend it against Kong at Revolution. Let her drop it later to Nyla or in a Kong rematch later in the year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looks like a solid card.

Mox/Jericho is going to be very interesting.
Bros vs Bros, I like that.
I was shocked last week when Riho won. I'd like to see Statlander go over here.
Hope they keep the slow burn with Hangman turning. I like the idea of him and Omega being successful together, but the tension and heel turn hanging over their heads.
Sammy vs Daniels seems like kind of an odd match.
I'm looking for OC to do some actual wrestling in their match.

Hope it's as good as last week's show.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
They've loaded it up and they're coming off unopposed, so it should beat NXT, since I have no clue what is going on that show.

1 - 20 of 735 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.