Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Thankfully nothing DQ related has been as stupid as the first shows main event, but they should just officially go No DQ. Because whenever they finally a call a DQ it's probably going to go over like a fart in church.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thankfully nothing DQ related has been as stupid as the first shows main event, but they should just officially go No DQ. Because whenever they finally a call a DQ it's probably going to go over like a fart in church.
They just need to state rules and be consistent with them outside of smaller stuff. It's easy as that. Referee discretion could be such a great thing for wrestling but they've already scuffed it so far.

No DQ would just be too clusterfucky.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
They just need to state rules and be consistent with them outside of smaller stuff. It's easy as that. Referee discretion could be such a great thing for wrestling but they've already scuffed it so far.

No DQ would just be too clusterfucky.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have a feeling they're keeping a DQ in the tuck for some big future ending. I just don't think it goes well. But yeah some more depth to ref discretion would be nice. Like what exactly falls under ref discretion and what has to be called regardless.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Would be interesting if the refs has different levels of ‘discretion’

Aubrey lets things go, Knox is a real stickler for the rules (for example)

Will bring an extra dimension to the matches

Still no ref bumps either

Ps> the day they bump Aubrey the place is going nuclear - most likely in a Y2J match given the last couple of interactions

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Would be interesting if the refs has different levels of ‘discretion’

Aubrey lets things go, Knox is a real stickler for the rules (for example)

Will bring an extra dimension to the matches

Still no ref bumps either

Ps> the day they bump Aubrey the place is going nuclear - most likely in a Y2J match given the last couple of interactions
I thought this would be a cool idea in a previous ref as character threads. But outside of Aubrey I have no idea who the refs are. I know the older guys shirt is way too baggy but that's it lol. But that. Ould be a nice thing with the discretion.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
no more no contests

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I wish Aubrey got bumped right off of TV forever :hogan
I wish you got bumped into space and went into a resting orbit around Uranus

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm so happy there haven't been any DQ's yet because sometimes it is such a cop out, however they could have tried to hide interference a bit better when it has happened so as not to make the refs look like idiots sometimes like when it happens directly infront of their face.

I like the idea of the different levels of discretion with the refs though, I think it could really help going forward, especially as they haven't hid interference very well from the refs before

·
Premium Member
11,493 Posts

·
Angry at refs
2,817 Posts
she doesn’t do this anymore than the other refs
I'm yet to see any other ref in AEW throw their hands to their head, rollover, sadly gasp and looks distraught because a dude kicked out at two.

She's not a horrible ref, she's just coming off as a mark for herself, which is taking myself and others (from what I've seen online anyway) out of the match.

It was the same, though not nearly as bad, in the spot where I think Fenix walked on top of hers and someone else's shoulders.

I'm fine with ref's reacting to big spots such as weapon hits and stuff, but they need to be minor, not in your face.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts