Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Bálor - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Who's going to win?
Bray 39 95.12%
Finn 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

 63Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:31 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,918
Points: 7,132
                     
Re: What is the point of beating Balor?

None, unless he shows up as The Demon at Summerslam. Like, have Balor bring out The Demon on Raw and Smackdown next week and win a couple of big matches to show that Bray will have his hands full come Summerslam, then put Bray over clean regardless and make him look like a strong threat right out the gate. The fact that Balor is taking time off after Summerslam will also make it look as if Bray has killed The Demon (and thus, Balor) once and for all.

Of course, because this makes all the sense in the world, they won't do it, but it's nice to think about.
Lockard The GOAT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:28 PM
Southern Pride
 
Southerner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The South
Posts: 1,558
Points: 4,680
                     
Re: What is the point of beating Balor?

At least Bray is going to actually win something. Be happy about that.

Lets just hope that when Balor returns from his time of they don't have him return as the Demon and bury Wyatt. That will make me dislike Balor even more.


Supporting Charlotte and Nikki Bella!

Other favorites: Lacey Evans, AJ Styles, Elias, Carmella, R-Truth, Braun Strowman and Charly Caruso.
Southerner is offline  
post #53 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:53 PM
.
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Asuka, James & Maso, Rocha & Knost, Bryan & Vinny
Posts: 94,227
Points: 76,636
                     
Re: What is the point of beating Balor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris JeriG.O.A.T View Post
People want it rushed because they know Vince, he gets bored with the new toys quick, Bray will be jobbing by his second or third feud. Also a match against a guy with no momentum like Balor shows Vince has no confidence in Bray, look at the past couple of years when Vince buys in on a guy, they go from nothing straight to the top: Styles, Balor, Jinder, Kofi.
Styles didn't exactly go from nothing to the top. They brought him in and he feuded with Jericho (who is similar to Balor in terms of irrelevance), then he feuded with Roman, then he feuded with Cena, then he beat Dean Ambrose for the title.

But yes, in the other cases, you're right, and it's what I said from the beginning. Feuding with Balor is a sign that Vince is not in on this latest version of Bray Wyatt. He could've beaten Roman Reigns, or Seth Rollins, or hell, he could've beaten The Undertaker at SummerSlam, because why not? His career is over anyway......but no, it's Balor, and yes, Balor is leaving so there's that excuse that you have him take out the leaving guy, but you could've had anyone take out Balor. You could've had Baron Corbin take Balor out. The fact that it's Bray just screams that they have no real plan for him. It reeks of a vote of no coincidence, which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows the history of how Bray has been handled by Vince. He doesn't just change opinions on talent.





Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 07-31-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:18 PM
 
Chris22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 8,684
Points: 12,012
                     
Re: Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor

Finn is apparently taking a break after SummerSlam and even if he wasn't Bray still needs the decisive win.

Batista / Trish Stratus / Chris Jericho / Kurt Angle / Gail Kim / CM Punk / Christian
Seth Rollins / AJ Styles / Cesaro / The Revival / Drew McIntyre / EC3
Finn Balor / Andrade / Randy Orton / Buddy Murphy / Dolph Ziggler / Jinder Mahal
Johnny Gargano / Roderick Strong / Dominik Dijakovic / Breezango / Travis Banks / Angel Garza / Fabian Aichner
Drew Gulak / Akira Tozawa / Chad Gable / Tony Nese / Lince Dorado / Ariya Daviari
Tessa Blanchard / Billie Kay / Mandy Rose / Dana Brooke / Io Shirai / Natalya / Ember Moon / Vanessa Bourne / Isla Dawn
Was At Wrestlemania 25, 26, 27, 28, 30 & 32!!!
Chris22 is offline  
post #55 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:54 PM
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 20,266
Points: 62,940
                     
Re: Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor

If normal Finn had been somewhat protected the last couple months than I wouldn't mind The Fiend beating normal Finn to send Finn of for a few months.

But this is the same Finn that got pinned in less than a minute by Joe.....fucking Joe. So even if The Fiend squashes Finn, it's not going to matter as much as they probably want it to. The Fiend needs to destroy Finn. There needs to be some crazy spot that gets The Fiend over as a monster and gets Finn off TV for a couple months. And then, build to Fiend vs. Demon down the line.
phyfts likes this.

TD Stinger is offline  
post #56 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:59 PM
.
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Asuka, James & Maso, Rocha & Knost, Bryan & Vinny
Posts: 94,227
Points: 76,636
                     
Re: Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
If normal Finn had been somewhat protected the last couple months than I wouldn't mind The Fiend beating normal Finn to send Finn of for a few months.

But this is the same Finn that got pinned in less than a minute by Joe.....fucking Joe. So even if The Fiend squashes Finn, it's not going to matter as much as they probably want it to. The Fiend needs to destroy Finn. There needs to be some crazy spot that gets The Fiend over as a monster and gets Finn off TV for a couple months. And then, build to Fiend vs. Demon down the line.
I was with you until the last line. Absolutely not. This needs to be a one and done. Bray needs to destroy Finn, and Finn needs to come back and not acknowledge it and continue being a geek. An extended feud with Finn Balor is NOT how you get Bray Wyatt over as a star. Bray Wyatt needs to be feuding with, and beating STARS. Not losers. Plus, knowing them, they'd have the Demon win and this gimmick would be dead.




Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #57 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:16 AM
 
Foreign Object's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: At The Corner Of Squalor And Bedlam
Posts: 1,007
Points: 3,042
                     
Re: Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
An extended feud with Finn Balor is NOT how you get Bray Wyatt over as a star. Bray Wyatt needs to be feuding with, and beating STARS. Not losers. Plus, knowing them, they'd have the Demon win and this gimmick would be dead.
So ... are you a Bray Wyatt fan again now? It's just, this tantrum doesn't seem so long ago ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Ok, I'm no longer a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I hope he has the self respect to go to AEW. This kills his career in WWE as any kind of serious player. It's not even about being world champion, this character will probably never even see PPV. It's that bad. I'm glad he got a title run on the main roster before this happened is all I can say, because this is the point of no return.

I'm not supporting Pee Wee Wyatt, I just won't do it. This character is go away heat. I'll support the cult leader and the cult leader only. This gimmick is instant, turn the channel, go away death heat.

I don't know HOW this idea made it to the air.....but it's WWE, so I do. I'm sure Vince thought it would be funny to humiliate him.
Anyway, the fact that you seem to think you know what will or won't make Bray a 'star' (when you clearly missed the obvious potential of the Firefly Funhouse vignettes which reinvigorated his career) is pretty funny. This feud with Finn Balor is obviously just to wrap up their unfinished feud from 2017 (the two were set to face off in a third match in late 2017 but due to medical issues, Wyatt was replaced by AJ Styles at the last mimute). Seems to me that Bray is just taking care of unfinished business.

Last edited by Foreign Object; 08-03-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Foreign Object is offline  
post #58 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:44 AM
 
Ray McCarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Cork
Posts: 700
Points: 75
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreign Object View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
An extended feud with Finn Balor is NOT how you get Bray Wyatt over as a star. Bray Wyatt needs to be feuding with, and beating STARS. Not losers. Plus, knowing them, they'd have the Demon win and this gimmick would be dead.
So ... are you a Bray Wyatt fan again now? It's just, this tantrum doesn't seem so long ago ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Ok, I'm no longer a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I hope he has the self respect to go to AEW. This kills his career in WWE as any kind of serious player. It's not even about being world champion, this character will probably never even see PPV. It's that bad. I'm glad he got a title run on the main roster before this happened is all I can say, because this is the point of no return.

I'm not supporting Pee Wee Wyatt, I just won't do it. This character is go away heat. I'll support the cult leader and the cult leader only. This gimmick is instant, turn the channel, go away death heat.

I don't know HOW this idea made it to the air.....but it's WWE, so I do. I'm sure Vince thought it would be funny to humiliate him.
Anyway, the fact that you seem to think you know what will or won't make Bray a 'star' (when you clearly missed the obvious potential of the Firefly Funhouse vignettes which reinvigorated his career) is pretty funny. This feud with Finn Balor is obviously just to wrap up their unfinished feud from 2017 (the two were set to face off in a third match in late 2017 but due to medical issues, Wyatt was replaced by AJ Styles at the last mimute). Seems to me that Bray is just taking care of unfinished business.
Weird, I was just thinking the same thing. Last time I was on this forum, Tyrion was disowning Bray Wyatt and shitting on the gimmick. I come back, he’s changed his picture to Bray Wyatt and he’s riding his ass again. Fucking fickle, man. Fickle.
Foreign Object likes this.
Ray McCarthy is offline  
post #59 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:05 PM
 
ChairShotToTheHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago
Favourite(s): Triple H, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle
Posts: 1,215
Points: 4,010
                     
Re: Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Bálor

As long as Bray destroys him, I'm cool with it. I just want The Fiend to be a ME character and I really hope it happens.

No reason this feud should continue after this, have Wyatt destroy him, write him off and then have him crush Kofi for the title.
Tyrion Lannister likes this.
ChairShotToTheHead is offline  
post #60 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Serbia
Posts: 281
Points: 15
     
Good chance to put over Bray and make him matter again. 15 minute match with a good script and Sister Abigail for the win.
thewhitecrow is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome