Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship: Submission Match) - Page 8 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Who walks out with the STRAP?
The Man 48 85.71%
Nattie 8 14.29%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

 77Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:11 PM
.
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Asuka, James & Maso, Rocha & Knost, Bryan & Vinny
Posts: 94,227
Points: 76,636
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Becky has a less thick accent than some people I enjoy listening to speak. Maybe it's just that some people think she's a boring human being and would rather listen to somebody who can actually cut an engaging promo?





Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 08-04-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:14 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 234
Points: 597
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prescott1189 View Post
Something big is going to happen in this either a Ronda or Sasha return, a remake of the Montreal Screwjob, or maybe Shayna Baszler debuts after. I'm thinking Ronda Rousey cause we need to see Becky/Ronda to finish their fued one-on-one first Clash of Champions then ending it at Hell in a Cell inside the Cell.
Lol I've been saying that for the past three months tbh during every PPV match with Lacey but nothing has happened.
Whatplanet is offline  
post #73 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:16 PM
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
 
prosperwithdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Westeros
Favourite(s): BECKY LYNCH, Aleister Black, Sonya Deville, Joe
Posts: 4,661
Points: 14,579
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Becky has a less thick accent than some people I enjoy listening to speak. Maybe it's just that some people think she's a boring human being and would rather listen to somebody who can actually cut an engaging promo?
How in the hell is Becky boring? Becky is the most entertaining talent that they have right now and her promos are very much engaging. They always are. And that's obvious given her genuine fan reactions. Stop reaching Lannister.
ripcitydisciple likes this.



"THE MAN" Becky Lynch. The FIRST WWE Superstar to be on the cover of ESPN.
The FIRST woman to pin Ronda Rousey.
The FIRST Undisputed Women's Champion.
2019 Women's Royal Rumble Victor.
The Greatest Female Wrestler Of All Time.
#Becky2Belts WILL RETURN.
prosperwithdeen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #74 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:21 PM
.
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Asuka, James & Maso, Rocha & Knost, Bryan & Vinny
Posts: 94,227
Points: 76,636
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperwithdeen View Post
How in the hell is Becky boring?
It's pretty difficult to describe feelings. It's just an intuition you know when you see it.

Quote:
Becky is the most entertaining talent that they have right now and her promos are very much engaging.
Well, I'm glad you're happy with the WWE product, but no. They don't push anyone who's actually entertaining, as evidenced by people like Joe, Bray, Owens at the bottom of the card, Moxley and Jericho driven out of the company, etc. Entertainment is anathema to their business model. The crowds who cheer for who they push, the near empty crowds, doesn't account for the millions of fans that are no longer watching the product. Becky has not brought in any fans and more and more people drop off every year. Nobody REALLY finds her act that engaging or WWE would be doing a 3 in the ratings. She's been the absolute center of the product from SummerSlam 2018 to SummerSlam 2019, and this is the most irrelevant that WWE has ever been.

Quote:
And that's obvious given her reactions. Stop reaching Lannister.
So the best mic workers besides Becky are Kofi Kingston, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar? Now who's reaching?





Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 08-04-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #75 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:32 PM
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
 
prosperwithdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Westeros
Favourite(s): BECKY LYNCH, Aleister Black, Sonya Deville, Joe
Posts: 4,661
Points: 14,579
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
It's pretty difficult to describe feelings. It's just an intuition you know when you see it.
No it's just blind hate for someone who is not your favorite.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Well, I'm glad you're happy with the WWE product, but no. They don't push anyone who's actually entertaining, as evidenced by people like Joe, Bray, Owens in the middle of the card, Moxley and Jericho driven out of the company, etc. Entertainment is anathema to their business model.
Well Becky is the only talent that I pay attention to so no, I'm not happy with the product. But I am happy with Becky when they're not screwing her up. Surprise, Surprise, all your favorites who you complain about in every post are the only ones who are entertaining to you. Yes the mentioned are entertaining I agree, and Becky, who is just as entertaining as all of them, wouldn't be getting this push if she didn't get herself over. So I do agree in that sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
So the best mic workers besides Becky are Kofi Kingston, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar? Now who's reaching?
That's cute. I like how you spun that Lannister. Reactions mean different things for different talent given their status and you know that just as much as anyone that has been watching the product for a long time. Becky's reactions are because she is engaging and has held the crowd in the palm of her hand with her promos ever since she became "The Man". It was her charisma that did it not her in ring game. She wouldn't have gotten over if that wasn't the case. You don't just get that over that quickly after starting at the bottom if you can't talk or if you're not entertaining. Kofi's reactions are not because of his mic skills but because "11 years!!!!" and people love the underdog story.



"THE MAN" Becky Lynch. The FIRST WWE Superstar to be on the cover of ESPN.
The FIRST woman to pin Ronda Rousey.
The FIRST Undisputed Women's Champion.
2019 Women's Royal Rumble Victor.
The Greatest Female Wrestler Of All Time.
#Becky2Belts WILL RETURN.
prosperwithdeen is offline  
post #76 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:41 PM
.
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Asuka, James & Maso, Rocha & Knost, Bryan & Vinny
Posts: 94,227
Points: 76,636
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperwithdeen View Post
No it's just blind hate for someone who is not your favorite.
If she was so engaging, she would BE my favourite. I don't have "blind hate" for anyone. I have hate. I don't think the bitch is entertaining, because she's not.

Quote:
Well Becky is the only talent that I pay attention to so no, I'm not happy with the product.
So you're not happy with the product even though the only wrestler you care about is the top star in the company, the only important female wrestler in history, and has been handed every accolade imaginable? Ha! And people say I'm miserable. I would be on cloud 9 if I was afforded shit like this. You can't even enjoy getting everything you want.

Quote:
all your favorites who you complain about in every post are the only ones who are entertaining to you.
I'm sensing a criticism here, but I'm not seeing the problem...

Quote:
Yes the mentioned are entertaining I agree, and Becky, who is just as entertaining as all of them


Quote:
That's cute. I like how you spun that Lannister. Reactions mean different things for different talent given their status and you know that just as much as anyone that has been watching the product for a long time. Becky's reactions are because she is engaging and has held the crowd in the palm of her hand ever since she became "The Man". She wouldn't have gotten over if that wasn't the case. Kofi's reactions are not because of his mic skills but because "11 years!!!!".
Yeah, her reactions are because of her mic skills, sure. Not the other people that are over, just her. I wonder if the ratings and the attendance falling off a cliff are also the result of her amazing ability to talk people into the building? I would love to hear why her incredible talent can't make the slightest bit of difference in peoples interest in the product. Must not be very engaging to most of their fanbase, the people who have stopped watching and have left WWE hemorrhaging viewers, because you know the ratings and attendance would be up if Steve Austin or The Rock were the top star, or even if they got CM Punk back.

I guess these are the excuses that we're left with, though. The 35 people left buying tickets to WWE shows think she's the best mic worker on the planet. We'll just discount all the empty seats of people who'd rather be doing fucking anything else but seeing her.

"She held the crowd in the palm of her hand".....and they jumped out of her hand.





Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 08-04-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #77 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:56 PM
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
 
prosperwithdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Westeros
Favourite(s): BECKY LYNCH, Aleister Black, Sonya Deville, Joe
Posts: 4,661
Points: 14,579
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
If she was so engaging, she would BE my favourite. I don't have "blind hate" for anyone. I have hate. I don't think the bitch is entertaining, because she's not.



So you're not happy with the product even though the only wrestler you care about is the top star in the company, the only important female wrestler in history, and has been handed every accolade imaginable? Ha! And people say I'm miserable. I would be on cloud 9 if I was afforded shit like this. You can't even enjoy getting everything you want.



I'm sensing a criticism here, but I'm not seeing the problem...







Yeah, her reactions are because of her mic skills, sure. Not the other people that are over, just her. I wonder if the ratings and the attendance falling off a cliff are also the result of her amazing ability to talk people into the building? I would love to hear why her incredible talent can't make the slightest bit of difference in peoples interest in the product. Must not be very engaging to most of their fanbase, the people who have stopped watching and have left WWE hemorrhaging viewers, because you know the ratings and attendance would be up if Steve Austin or The Rock were the top star, or even if they got CM Punk back.
No, its most definitely blind hate. Who said I wasn't enjoying Becky being on top? Just because she is the top star doesn't mean that I enjoy the product AS A WHOLE. Becky's segments make up maybe 15 minutes of 5 hours of weekly content. How can I enjoy the product as a whole when I only enjoy her segments? Listen to yourself when you type. And yes you are miserable because you want Asuka in this spot and you can't get over it. The only reason I know that is because you post incessantly about it.

I will tell you why her incredible talent can't make a difference. This is the same response I gave to some other poster who thought that Becky was the reason why ratings were down. I am copying and pasting because some of you fail to understand the obvious.

"WWE has always been a male-dominated sport. 95% of the time, a new viewer will come in to see the males. Becky was booked correctly for 7 months starting at SSlam (and that's being generous, especially around WM time), then the women's evolution died as soon as Rousey left. So how was she supposed to gain any real traction to even make a difference? Then they changed her character. WWE AS A WHOLE needs to put out at least 18-24 months of great content to bring back the longtime fans. Especially with everything being so screwed up foundationally. So if they have to do that as a company as a whole in a male-dominated sport, how can anyone expect Becky, a woman who was riding a half-assed women's revolution, to bring in 2 million new weekly viewers overnight? On a show as poorly written as RAW/SD? Literally impossible. If The Rock and SCSA came back on a weekly basis, they'd get a nice little ratings pop for a couple weeks, but nothing would change long term. Because the real issue as to why WWE can't draw wouldn't have been solved. So this "Becky can't draw" argument is illogical and ridiculous."

And that is the reasoning that you are looking for. Blaming Becky for ratings being low doesn't make any fuckin sense. One can say that the only fans that are left are Becky fans given how she gets reactions and mostly no one else does. Everyone else left because the product itself is shit and the booking/content is terrible. That won't change no matter who is pushed in the main event. I don't see how people don't understand this. You can't blame the talent when you have an old man that has all of the talent and the writers on shackles. If they put Joe or Wyatt on top and still booked the show the same way they have been booking it, there would be no fuckin difference. Kevin Owens is gonna draw people in by aligning and dis-aligning himself with Sami Zayn every week? Come on man. I swear you wrestling fans don't think.
ripcitydisciple likes this.



"THE MAN" Becky Lynch. The FIRST WWE Superstar to be on the cover of ESPN.
The FIRST woman to pin Ronda Rousey.
The FIRST Undisputed Women's Champion.
2019 Women's Royal Rumble Victor.
The Greatest Female Wrestler Of All Time.
#Becky2Belts WILL RETURN.
prosperwithdeen is offline  
post #78 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:15 AM
.
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Asuka, James & Maso, Rocha & Knost, Bryan & Vinny
Posts: 94,227
Points: 76,636
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Who said I wasn't enjoying Becky being on top? Just because she is the top star doesn't mean that I enjoy the product AS A WHOLE. Becky's segments make up maybe 15 minutes of 5 hours of weekly content. How can I enjoy the product as a whole when I only enjoy her segments? Listen to yourself when you type.
Because the main event is what matters. The rest of the shit means nothing, it doesn't matter what else is going on.

Quote:
And yes you are miserable because you want Asuka in this spot and you can't get over it. The only reason I know that is because you post incessantly about it.
And what's that got to do with Becky? The woman I bash the most out of anyone in the company, more than Becky by a long shot, has never done ONE thing to affect Asuka. Not one thing. The reason I bash the living fuck out of her, is because she SUCKS. And that's exactly why I bash Becky. But no, it's blind hate. I REALLY DO like Becky, I just can't admit that I like Becky because she stole something from Asuka that she had no control over. If that's really what you think, I'm not gonna waste my breath trying to convince you of the reality of the situation. I know myself, you don't. Becky Lynch is not a talented woman who belongs at the forefront of a wrestling company and the results have bared that out conclusively for the world to see.

Vince McMahon is the reason why Asukas career has been destroyed, not Becky. That's where I constantly direct my rage for the state of her useless career.

Quote:
"WWE has always been a male-dominated sport. 95% of the time, a new viewer will come in to see the males. Becky was booked correctly for 7 months starting at SSlam (and that's being generous, especially around WM time), then the women's evolution died as soon as Rousey left. So how was she supposed to gain any real traction to even make a difference? Then they changed her character. WWE AS A WHOLE needs to put out at least 18-24 months of great content to bring back the longtime fans. Especially with everything being so screwed up foundationally. So if they have to do that as a company as a whole in a male-dominated sport, how can anyone expect Becky, a woman who was riding a half-assed women's revolution, to bring in 2 million new weekly viewers overnight? On a show as poorly written as RAW/SD? Literally impossible. If The Rock and SCSA came back on a weekly basis, they'd get a nice little ratings pop for a couple weeks, but nothing would change long term. Because the real issue as to why WWE can't draw wouldn't have been solved. So this "Becky can't draw" argument is illogical and ridiculous."
Overnight? She's been the top star for a whole year. A whole year is enough to turn the product around, especially if someone is the most "engaging" performer in the history of wrestling, as Becky fans routinely claim.

I'm hearing a lot of excuses about the product being bad, but the product has always been bad. The product was terrible in the Attitude Era. The product was terrible 10 years ago. The product was terrible 5 years ago. What's the difference between then and now? We have not one genuinely entertaining, main event performer that anybody cares about. We have no one who can talk. No Austin, no Rock, no Angle, no Punk, no Jericho, no anybody. We have a bunch of soulless, useless clowns like Becky and Rollins and Roman and Brock, and we've marginalized Bray, and Owens, and Joe, and we ran off Moxley. We give no attention to any of these people, we don't even try to push them as main eventers, because if we do, and we make them the focus of the product, and they start main eventing WrestleMania, they'll start turning the product around and then Vince McMahon would have to admit to himself that he was wrong, and he can't admit that he was wrong, so he has to try all these cheap tricks, and just continue on this self destructive path of pushing people that have no chance of bringing the product into a new golden age.

"male dominated whatever". Movies are male dominated (or until recently) and Captain Marvel made over a billion dollars. If people wanted to see Becky, the arenas wouldn't have tarp over 80% of the seats and you know it. That's a pure excuse. She can't draw.

Quote:
If they put Joe or Wyatt on top and still booked the show the same way they have been booking it, there would be no fuckin difference. Kevin Owens is gonna draw people in by aligning and dis-aligning himself with Sami Zayn every week? Come on man. I swear you wrestling fans don't think.
I don't believe that for a second. WWE has booked the same way for over 20 years and the problems didn't start until recently when they conveniently forgot what talent is.

It's pretty ironic that during the road to WrestleMania last year which featured Asuka as the most pushed, featured womens wrestler, the ratings were MUCH higher than this years road to WrestleMania. I wonder what happened.





Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 08-05-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #79 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:36 AM
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
 
prosperwithdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Westeros
Favourite(s): BECKY LYNCH, Aleister Black, Sonya Deville, Joe
Posts: 4,661
Points: 14,579
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Because the main event is what matters. The rest of the shit means nothing, it doesn't matter what else is going on.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
And what's that got to do with Becky? The woman I bash the most out of anyone in the company, more than Becky by a long shot, has never done ONE thing to affect Asuka. Not one thing. The reason I bash the living fuck out of her, is because she SUCKS. And that's exactly why I bash Becky. But no, it's blind hate. I REALLY DO like Becky, I just can't admit that I like Becky because she stole something from Asuka that she had no control over. If that's really what you think, I'm not gonna waste my breath trying to convince you of the reality of the situation. I know myself, you don't.

Vince McMahon is the reason why Asukas career has been destroyed, not Becky. That's where I constantly direct my rage for the state of her useless career.
Yeah you keep telling yourself that. This is coming from the guy that claimed that Asuka's career was worthless now that she wasn't the main event act at Wrestlemania. Because as you said, nothing else mattered. And that's why you think Becky sucks. Which is blind. I remember your ridiculous posts like they were posted yesterday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Overnight? She's been the top star for a whole year. A whole year is enough to turn the product around, especially if someone is the most "engaging" performer in the history of wrestling, as Becky fans routinely claim.
Again, you're not thinking. Yes she's been on top for almost a year now, but has the booking changed? Has the product as a whole made you feel like they weren't insulting your intelligence? Did you not notice how they changed her character? The product as a whole is absolute shit. One person, a woman at that who is not getting anywhere near the TV time she was getting on the RTWM, is not gonna turn that around. These aren't the days of Hogan where one guy was all it took. The fans know what's going on and can tell when they are being shat on by Vince. Hence why most of the shows are hijacked by Punk chants and now AEW chants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I'm hearing a lot of excuses about the product being bad, but the product has always been bad. The product was terrible in the Attitude Era. The product was terrible 10 years ago. The product was terrible 5 years ago. What's the difference between then and now? We have not one genuinely entertaining, main event performer that anybody cares about. We have no one who can talk. No Austin, no Rock, no Angle, no Punk, no Jericho, no anybody. We have a bunch of soulless, useless clowns like Becky and Rollins and Roman and Brock, and we've marginalized Bray, and Owens, and Joe, and we ran off Moxley. We give no attention to any of these people, we don't even try to push them as main eventers, because if we do, and we make them the focus of the product, and they start main eventing WrestleMania, they'll start turning the product around and then Vince McMahon would have to admit to himself that he was wrong, and he can't admit that he was wrong, so he has to try all these cheap tricks, and just continue on this self destructive path of pushing people that have no chance of bringing the product into a new golden age.

"male dominated whatever". Movies are male dominated (or until recently) and Captain Marvel made over a billion dollars. If people wanted to see Becky, the arenas wouldn't have tarp over 80% of the seats and you know it. That's a pure excuse. She can't draw.



I don't believe that for a second. WWE has booked the same way for over 20 years and the problems didn't start until recently when they conveniently forgot what talent is.
They are not excuses. They're hard facts. The product hasn't always been bad. It's been pretty good over the years through the Attitude Era, the Invasion times, Ruthless Aggression, etc. In your eyes, the storylines and angles may have been bad, but they were entertaining. They didn't completely insult your intelligence, wins/losses meant something, gimmick matches weren't worthless, championships were important, etc. It was sports entertainment and they gave you a reason to watch. If they pushed Wyatt and Owens as main eventers it wouldn't change shit because the booking would still be terrible. Kevin Owens, the guy you praise as the 2nd coming of Christ, was Universal Champion on RAW 2 years ago. Did anything change? Were ratings through the roof? And how are we supposed to know if Becky would have been a draw or not when they've sabotaged the core of her character and what got her over in the first place? Did you forget that WWE doesn't like for their talent to be bigger than the brand? They tried to snuff out half of her popularity as soon as WM ended. They immediately stamped her as a white vanilla happy go lucky babyface like they do everyone else they try to micro-manage. This isn't the same Becky from late 2018. You can't go from that to love bird Becky. Vince never liked Becky, the only reason she was pushed was because his hand was forced. The real problems started when Vince decided that he was going to have it ONLY his way and started REALLY pushing his agenda. And that goes all the way back to the whole Daniel Bryan thing leading into Roman Reigns.

And FYI, Captain Marvel drew a billion dollars because of the Marvel brand, not because of Brie Larson being a woman. If Marvel wasn't already established through Phase 1 and 2, it wouldn't have grossed that much.



"THE MAN" Becky Lynch. The FIRST WWE Superstar to be on the cover of ESPN.
The FIRST woman to pin Ronda Rousey.
The FIRST Undisputed Women's Champion.
2019 Women's Royal Rumble Victor.
The Greatest Female Wrestler Of All Time.
#Becky2Belts WILL RETURN.
prosperwithdeen is offline  
post #80 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:57 AM
.
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nos Astra, Illium
Favourite(s): Asuka, James & Maso, Rocha & Knost, Bryan & Vinny
Posts: 94,227
Points: 76,636
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperwithdeen View Post
Yeah you keep telling yourself that. This is coming from the guy that claimed that Asuka's career was worthless now that she wasn't the main event act at Wrestlemania.
And I was right, and I still am right. There is no other valuable achievement in womens wrestling.

Quote:
Because as you said, nothing else mattered. And that's why you think Becky sucks. I remember your ridiculous posts like they were posted yesterday.
I'm pretty sure I didn't like Becky before she was ever scheduled for the main event of WrestleMania, but I'll go back and check.

Quote:
Again, you're not thinking. Yes she's been on top for almost a year now, but has the booking changed? Has the product as a whole made you feel like they weren't insulting your intelligence? The product as a whole is absolute shit. One person, a woman at that who is not getting anywhere near the TV time she was getting on the RTWM, is not gonna turn that around.
Becky is all over the fucking tv.

The booking hasn't changed in more than 20 fucking years. They weren't in a destructive, dead end rut for the last 20 years, ratings wise. Only recently, and that coincides with the worst "main event" performers we've seen in the last 20 years. These are NOT coincidences.

Quote:
They are not excuses. They're hard facts.
Well, they're pretty easy to deny and refute for hard facts.

Quote:
The product hasn't always been bad. In your eyes, the storylines and angles may have been bad, but they were entertaining. They didn't completely insult your intelligence, wins/losses meant something, gimmick matches weren't worthless, championships were important, etc. It was sports entertainment and they gave you a reason to watch.
They didn't insult your intelligence? Have you listened to the Bryan and Vinny retro Raw reviews? The product was a nightmare in the Attitude Era. They were so bad in the mid 90's, they almost got driven out of business. The only reason they survived was the two most revolutionary performers in the business striking gold at the exact same moment in time. That's it. Nothing to do with storylines, insulting your intelligence, nothing.

Quote:
If they pushed Wyatt and Owens as main eventers it wouldn't change shit because the booking would still be terrible. Kevin Owens, the guy you praise as the 2nd coming of Christ,
Let's not go that far. I already have a Christ, thank you very much.

As I've estabished, the product has never, ever been well booked. You know damn well it'll make a difference, and I don't mean a B show title reign, I mean a REAL, serious, A level, PPV main eventer role, that is of a permanent nature, as permanent as Roman Reigns, yes, it will make a difference, 100% will make a difference, but you know that'll never happen, so you can make those remarks knowing full well you're in zero danger of ever being proven wrong.

Quote:
was Universal Champion on RAW 2 years ago. Did anything change? Were ratings through the roof?
They were a lot higher than they are now. They weren't in a slump. And he wasn't even really a main eventer as Universal champion. The show was still about Roman and Rollins. You put him as the TOP guy, whole different story. He kept it afloat as the champion, but he was not given the top of the line opportunity that he needed.

Quote:
And how are we supposed to know if Becky would have been a draw or not when they've sabotaged the core of her character and what got her over in the first place? This isn't the same Becky from late 2018.
The fuck are you on about? This is exactly the same Becky from 2018. She's "The Man". She "slaps the heads off fools" or whatever stupid catchphrase she used in 2018 that she still uses to this day. She behaves the same way. The only difference between SummerSlam to SummerSlam is she was originally a heel and now she's a babyface, and babyfaces are historically much better draws than heels.

Quote:
And FYI, Captain Marvel drew a billion dollars because of the Marvel brand, not because of Brie Larson.
Ant-Man didn't make a billion dollars. They're not even making any more Ant-Man movies because of how poorly they performed.

And I'm not saying Brie Larson is the difference, because god forbid I praise her, but people clearly had interest in that character, for whatever reason. People don't have an interest in Becky except for the social media people who don't mean a thing and are too small of a minority for a difference to be made.





Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 08-05-2019 at 01:03 AM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome