Dailymotion tags no longer working to embed videos? - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
BRRRRRRRRAWK LESNAR!
 
The Beast Incarnate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,492
Points: 3,098
                     
Dailymotion tags no longer working to embed videos?

Just wanted to give a heads up that the Dailymotion tags no longer seem to be working to properly embed videos on the forum. It will just say "No Video Specified" error as seen in the screenshot below.


The Beast Incarnate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:39 PM
------------
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 58,934
Points: 51,312
                     
Re: Dailymotion tags no longer working to embed videos?

Thanks. We'll get this taken care of.

Headliner is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 01:34 AM
------------
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 58,934
Points: 51,312
                     
Re: Dailymotion tags no longer working to embed videos?

So I had found new, working code for dailymotion. The problem is, when you post the video under the new bbcode it stretches out the page. The width/length is normal standard size, just the actual video box is huge and I can't find a way to adjust that.

I put the original non working code back in and VS is going to have to look at the plugin to figure out why it's not working.

Headliner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 11:26 AM
.........................
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: You know!
Posts: 1,906
Points: 2,280
                     
Re: Dailymotion tags no longer working to embed videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast Incarnate View Post
Just wanted to give a heads up that the Dailymotion tags no longer seem to be working to properly embed videos on the forum. It will just say "No Video Specified" error as seen in the screenshot below.

I just went to the link your provided in your screenshot and the video seems to be working fine for me. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, what browser are you using?

Cheers,
Sheena
Administrator is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
BRRRRRRRRAWK LESNAR!
 
The Beast Incarnate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,492
Points: 3,098
                     
Re: Dailymotion tags no longer working to embed videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
I just went to the link your provided in your screenshot and the video seems to be working fine for me. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, what browser are you using?

Cheers,
Sheena


Seems to be working now for me as well

Guess the issue must have been with the Dailymotion website itself then...

When it was happening I tried Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (w/ adobe flash installed on my Macbook) but any Dailymotion video I tried to embed in a post just kept giving me the same error as the screenshot above. Even old posts where Dailymotion videos were originally embedded just fine, such as Headliners, gave me the error as well.

Glad the issue got worked out though. Thank you both Headliner and Sheena for your time looking into it


Last edited by The Beast Incarnate; 09-03-2015 at 12:14 PM.
The Beast Incarnate is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 11:31 AM
.........................
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: You know!
Posts: 1,906
Points: 2,280
                     
Re: Dailymotion tags no longer working to embed videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast Incarnate View Post


Seems to be working now for me as well

Guess the issue must have been with the Dailymotion website itself then...

When it was happening I tried Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (w/ adobe flash installed on my Macbook) but any Dailymotion video I tried to embed in a post just kept giving me the same error as the screenshot above. Even old posts where Dailymotion videos were originally embedded just fine, such as Headliners, gave me the error as well.

Glad the issue got worked out though. Thank you both Headliner and Sheena for your time looking into it
Happy to help

~Sheena
Administrator is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome