Learning to break kayfabe
Join Date: Nov 2016
Re: Champions League / Europa League 2018/19
Champions League kicks off tomorrow. Time for predictions:
Barcelona PSV Eindhoven
- Comfortable win for Barca here. 4-1.
- Both teams are struggling in the league but it's Inter Milan's big return to the biggest tournament in the world. They have the home advantage and I think they'll scrape a 2-1 victory.
Liverpool Paris SG
- Going for an entertaining 2-2 draw. Both teams are on a winning streak, but even though Liverpool have the home advantage, I don't think their defense can hold back PSG's attack from at least scoring a couple goals.
Crvena zvezda Napoli
- Napoli struggled last season in the group stage and came 3rd. They have to win this one if they hope to make it through this year. They are competing against Liverpool and PSG for the top two places, so this is a must-win for them.
Galatasaray Lokomotiv Moscow
- Going for a surprise in this one. Gala will come blasting and will probably take the lead. But then they'll get frustrated when they don't get a 2nd. A defensive mistake will allow Moscow back in the game and then they'll get a late winner. 1-2.
Schalke 04 FC Porto
- Another draw. I would have predicted Porto 2-3 years ago but the last couple seasons in Europe, they have not been impressive. 1-1.
Monaco Atletico Madrid
- Both teams have struggled in the early games in their respective leagues but on the day, Atletico have way more quality than Monaco. I see this one going one or two ways. Either a close game with Atletico winning 1-2, or a humiliating defeat to Monaco. I can see this one finish 0-4 as well.
Club Brugge Dortmund
- Dortmund to win comfortably. Club Brugge are always poor in Europe and if I remember correctly, they were even beaten by Celtic 3-0 last season. I could see the same result tomorrow in favor of Dortmund.
Ajax AEK Athen
- Another 'surprise' in this one I think. Ajax are not a great side, but neither is AEK. I do think they will keep Ajax from scoring more than once. 1-1 in this one.
Shakhtar Donetsk Hoffenheim
- Shakhtar are a scary side when they're at home. Beating both City and Napoli last season. I do not think Hoffenheim have what it takes to step up against one of the most frightening home teams in the tournament. 3-1 to Shakhtar.
Young Boys Manchester United
- A lot of people seem to underestimate United this year. They were off to a shaky start, true. But I do believe they will get through their group. A comfortable win for United here, 0-2.
Viktoria Plzen CSKA Moscow
- I have no idea which way to go here so I'll be boring and call this one a boring 0-0 draw.
- Valencia are a very good side but they do not have what it takes to play at this level. Juventus will score at least 3 goals in this one and I can only see Valencia scoring when Juve are comfortably ahead and lets Valencia join the game.
Real Madrid Roma
- Gotta go with my team Real Madrid in this one. I don't think I sound biased when I say Madrid should win this comfortably and probably will. Roma are off to a bad start in the league and while Madrid did draw in the weekend, they have been very impressive so far (aside from against Atletico). 4-1 (Benzema x2, Bale & Asensio)
Benfica Bayern Mόnich
- I like Benfica but Bayern will be too much for them to handle. I don't think it will be comfortable for Bayern at all, but I do think they will get the job done. I predict this one to be 1-2 till around the 85th minute. Benfica will try all 2nd half to get back in the game but will leave too much space for the Bayern attack to finish the game with a third goal.
Manchester City Lyon
- Lyon are not to be underestimated at all and I am pretty sure that they will score in the match. City however will score at least 3 or 4 goals themselves. I'll go out on a limb here and call this one a 4-2 game.