RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS* - Page 238 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
 1299Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2371 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 817
Points: 2,721
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateDemise View Post
Yeah, just like Ben Wallace was once the best defensive player in the NBA. You never saw anyone claim he was a top five player in the league and there's a reason for that (because he was offensively challenged, just like Harden is defensively challenged, but unlike Harden, Ben actually won an NBA Championship).

I don't care about what Harden does offensively. If he refuses to do anything on the other end of the floor, he's not a top five player in the league (and the same goes for LeBron btw).



Which is the exact reason your argument doesn't work. Yeah, not everyone can win the NBA Championship and only 16 teams make the playoffs. A team is what goes to the postseason, not a player.



The only reason Houston ever became a top team in the NBA is because Houston paired Harden with one of the best PG's in the league and Clint Capela emerged as one of the great up and coming centers in the league. Not to mention Houston had other role players who were able to help make up for Harden's weaknesses as a player. A weakness, something Anthony Davis doesn't have as a player.



Um, a lot of people were expecting Milwaukee to be great. There was never any doubt on this. Now you're just making shit up.

Oh and for anyone who cares, apparently Chris Paul is demanding a trade from the Rockets.
1) Was Ben Wallace a league MVP? Hm? In the last 20 years has there been a single league MVP who is not a top 5 player in their respective season? Hm? Nope. It doesn't matter what you think, it's what majority thinks, and it's what statistics prove.

2) You don't seem to comprehend this. It's statistically much more complicated to be the only team to win an NBA championship than it is to make the playoffs in your respective conference, in which there are 8 slots. In that, a top 5 player should be able to secure such a position. You can't argue against Harden's playoff shortcomings when he's never on the consensus agreed upon best team in the NBA. The Rockets are never frontrunner favourites to win the chip, and that's not Harden's fault. You can say one of the greatest PGs, but Paul is not what he once was, he's aging, he's on a bad contract, and he's a notorious playoff failure. Wow, really, bringing Capela into this. As if all teams don't have a good supporting player. Like the Raptors had in Siakim, like the Bucks had in Lopez, Brogdon, etc. Like Portland had in Kanter. Come on dude lol.

3) Anthony Davis doesn't have any weaknesses? L O L, come on, get off the dudes dick.

You have made some of the most terrible attempts at an argument and reply, and you want to tell me I'm wrong, and wondering why I can't even bother with you anymore, OMEGALUL dude.

<a href=http://imgbox.com/etAcrV6u target=_blank><a href=https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png target=_blank>https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png</a></a>

Last edited by Raye; 06-19-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Raye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2372 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:03 PM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,906
Points: 9,388
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
Didn't know that was against the rules? It says felt good, didn't it at the end, and it did feel good tbh. I apologise in advance. No point in continuing this conversation because let's be honest, neither of us are going to change our views on the matter. I'm going to wait for the regular season and let the results speak for themselves.

EDIT: From the rules, " If a flame has nothing to do with race, sexuality, family members, or threats (such as killing) chances are it's probably not a bad insult. Honestly didn't think the word idiot would be so insulting or triggering. I mean, Chris Jericho even used it as a catchphrase, calling people stupid idiots. Again, I apologise, but lets not be so sensitive :/
Putting aside the fact that you can't apologize "in advance" for something that already happened, what did you expect when you fling insults around and call people "idiots"? You made a point, AD and I pointed out how preposterously incorrect it is, and you threw a temper tantrum and threw around red reps and insults. Let's not make this something it's not.

Back on point: the last team I can think of that didn't have at least one true world-class star defender...well, I went back and I couldn't find one, at least not since the NBA/ABA merger.


Last edited by Strike Force; 06-19-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Strike Force is offline  
post #2373 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:08 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 817
Points: 2,721
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
Putting aside the fact that you can't apologize "in advance" for something that already happened, what did you expect when you fling insults around and call people "idiots"? You made a point, AD and I pointed out how preposterously incorrect it is, and you threw a temper tantrum. Let's not make this something it's not.

Back on point: the last team I can think of that didn't have at least one true world-class star defender...well, I went back and I couldn't find one, at least not since the NBA/ABA merger.
How is that a temper tantrum LOL, way to over-exaggerate a single word. Preposterously incorrect LOL, as if I'm saying he's not a top 10 player. He is top 10, he's not in my top 5, nor do I believe he should be in the top 5. Also I never even flat out said Harden is my top 5 from this season, I listed like 6-7 names that I would put ahead of Davis. I value success, I don't value failure and empty stats. Claiming AD is not a top 5 player is a completely reasonable statement to make, please get off your high horse in thinking that anything that doesn't align with your opinion, is "preposterously wrong". LUL.

<a href=http://imgbox.com/etAcrV6u target=_blank><a href=https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png target=_blank>https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png</a></a>
Raye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2374 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:23 PM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,906
Points: 9,388
                     
kobe Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
How is that a temper tantrum LOL, way to over-exaggerate a single word. Preposterously incorrect LOL, as if I'm saying he's not a top 10 player. He is top 10, he's not in my top 5, nor do I believe he should be in the top 5. Also I never even flat out said Harden is my top 5 from this season, I listed like 6-7 names that I would put ahead of Davis. I value success, I don't value failure and empty stats. Claiming AD is not a top 5 player is a completely reasonable statement to make, please get off your high horse in thinking that anything that doesn't align with your opinion, is "preposterously wrong". LUL.
Okay, I'll bite: if you were picking teams on the playground, what would be your draft order today? Injuries and injury history DO count, so you have to be wary of someone like AD, and Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson are off the board.

Here's mine, off the top of my head:

Kawhi Leonard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Anthony Davis
Steph Curry
Nikola Jokic
Joel Embiid
James Harden
Paul George
Damian Lillard
LeBron James

Strike Force is offline  
post #2375 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 PM
I LUH JU! - Soldier of God
 
SayWhatAgain!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Favourite(s): Yoel Romero
Posts: 4,444
Points: 12,367
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Drake acting like he dropped 60 points still cracks me up



"GO FOR JESUS! NO FOR GAY JESUS!"
SayWhatAgain! is offline  
post #2376 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 817
Points: 2,721
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
Okay, I'll bite: if you were picking teams on the playground, what would be your draft order today? Injuries and injury history DO count, so you have to be wary of someone like AD, and Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson are off the board.

Here's mine, off the top of my head:

Kawhi Leonard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Anthony Davis
Steph Curry
Nikola Jokic
Joel Embiid
James Harden
Paul George
Damian Lillard
LeBron James
For a full regular season or? And are you factoring age?

<a href=http://imgbox.com/etAcrV6u target=_blank><a href=https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png target=_blank>https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png</a></a>
Raye is offline  
post #2377 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:34 PM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,906
Points: 9,388
                     
kobe Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
For a full regular season or? And are you factoring age?
Factoring in age and everything else from the real world (hence, no Klay or KD), and yes, for one season including playoffs, if you'd be so kind. That's why I have LeBron in there, for his experience in the playoffs.

Strike Force is offline  
post #2378 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 817
Points: 2,721
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
Factoring in age and everything else from the real world (hence, no Klay or KD), and yes, for one season including playoffs, if you'd be so kind. That's why I have LeBron in there, for his experience in the playoffs.
Kawhi Leonard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Stephen Curry
James Harden
Damian Lillard
LeBron James
Joel Embiid
Anthony Davis
Paul George
Nikola Jokic

Same players, different order.

<a href=http://imgbox.com/etAcrV6u target=_blank><a href=https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png target=_blank>https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png</a></a>
Raye is offline  
post #2379 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:34 PM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,831
Points: 23,060
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
I'm sorry the word idiot was enough to insult you to such a high degree.
I personally could care less about insults. But if I'm not allowed to call out people for stupid shit they say, then I'm not letting others get away with it against me (especially when what I say isn't idiotic. At least let it be in instances where I deserve said insult).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
I'd be wrong, regardless of statistics and proof? Wow. Such intelligence in this thread lol. Okay there.
Yes, you'd be wrong regardless. A guy who is elite at one end of the floor isn't better than someone who is elite at both ends of the floor. That, FYI, is what you're saying, and that's incredibly laughable. You're also using a team concept to discredit Anthony Davis as a player. Once again, that is incredibly laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
1) Was Ben Wallace a league MVP? Hm?
Going off of the majority of your posts, individual accomplishments don't matter apparently. Otherwise you wouldn't be using the amount of times Anthony Davis made the playoffs against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
In the last 20 years has there been a single league MVP who is not a top 5 player in their respective season? Hm? Nope. It doesn't matter what you think, it's what majority thinks, and it's what statistics prove.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
2) You don't seem to comprehend this. It's statistically much more complicated to be the only team to win an NBA championship than it is to make the playoffs in your respective conference, in which there are 8 slots. In that, a top 5 player should be able to secure such a position. You can't argue against Harden's playoff shortcomings when he's never on the consensus agreed upon best team in the NBA.
Um, yes I can.

It doesn't matter if Harden's team are the odds on favorites or not. What matters is how he performs. You said yourself that Superstar players elevate their teams. And yet more often than not, Harden was the main reason for his teams losing in the playoffs, even in moments where they WERE favored to win. And it isn't like the opposing teams possessed players who were well known defensive stoppers of Harden. He just always massively under-performed because that's what he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
The Rockets are never frontrunner favourites to win the chip, and that's not Harden's fault. You can say one of the greatest PGs, but Paul is not what he once was, he's aging, he's on a bad contract, and he's a notorious playoff failure. Wow, really, bringing Capela into this. As if all teams don't have a good supporting player. Like the Raptors had in Siakim, like the Bucks had in Lopez, Brogdon, etc. Like Portland had in Kanter. Come on dude lol.
Why isn't it Harden's fault? So now we're suddenly not holding the standard against the top stars on the team? I thought we were. You can't change the narrative of your argument to support your view on the matter. It doesn't work like that. Either be consistent with your logic or admit you're just making shit up.

And yeah, all great teams have good supporting players. That's exactly my point and why I mentioned Capela in the first place. He changed the dynamic of the Rockets and made them a legitimately great team. So did Paul. Yeah, Paul is aging and at this point isn't worth the money he's being given, but a year ago? He was the main driving force behind Houston almost pulling off a shocking upset over Golden State until he once again went down with injury. You want to call Paul a notorious failure in the playoffs? His performance in last years playoffs against the Warriors was better than anything Harden ever did in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
3) Anthony Davis doesn't have any weaknesses? L O L, come on, get off the dudes dick.
Okay, so you tell me what his weaknesses are then, apart from injuries. Come on, tell me. I gave you Harden's weaknesses. The man plays no defense, is a turnover machine and, despite being this offensive god you speak of, shoots a below average FG%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
You have made some of the most terrible attempts at an argument and reply, and you want to tell me I'm wrong, and wondering why I can't even bother with you anymore, OMEGALUL dude.
You just got done claiming that the Bucks weren't favorites to win the East this year, even though they were heavily favored. You thought you could get away with telling us outright lies and you want to tell me I'm bad at arguing? You make Stephen A Smith sound like Dom2k with your logic.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change

Last edited by AlternateDemise; 06-19-2019 at 07:59 PM.
AlternateDemise is offline  
post #2380 of 2623 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:15 AM
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being happy. -Robert Louis Stevenson
 
DesolationRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Trying to not look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet seeing her, like the sun, without even looking.
Posts: 18,700
Points: 15,969
                     
Re: RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS*

Hoping that Dylan Windler out of Belmont is available at the 28th pick in the draft. The Warriors are already going into the next season depleted at the wings, and this has been an issue for a while now with the aging roster. They need another shooter, even if the injury/free agency situation(s) were to go impeccably this summer.

Washington's Matisse Thybulle would be a solid pick at 28th, too, should he be around.

Tennessee's Admiral Schofield cannot be argued-against too convincingly, either.

Go WARRIORS! Draft well, please!
lesenfanteribles likes this.



I do not Know a Thing About Hearthstone yet but I Thank the Incomparable, Illustrious and Magnificent Queen of Love and Beauty AryaDark/LadyCroft for Her Wonderful Creations, my Avi and Sig
DesolationRow is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome