RAPTORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS *aka DRAKE WINS* - Page 223 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 1211Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2221 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of The Slayers, Digging Holes.
 
Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ravenswood
Favourite(s): The Undertaker, Bret Hart, HBK, and Seth Rollins
Posts: 14,264
Points: 83,502
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE


KD should not have played last night and shouldn't be playing period. Not until he is 100 percent healthy but no. He played and is on the shelf for many months.
SUPA HOT FIRE. likes this.



Credit to CJ for the signature.
Shield Mega Fan and Sonya Deville Fan

Buffy The Vampire Slayer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2222 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 PM
 
BrokenFreakingNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 251
Points: 627
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

Pretty obvious to me the warriors hid his injury severity because they wanted to protect KD's free agent bid this summer out of courtesy. He wouldn't be attractive anymore with an injury to his achilles. It was first reported it was "minor" strain to the calf and he could return before the finals. Half way into the finals and still no KD confused the warriors themselves. Even coach Kerr had to correct himself. I mean hes set to have an MRI today and we still have no confirmation on his injury.

Bob myers should feel bad but it was still up to KD to give the go ahead. We haven't seen a 3-peat in 2 decades and he wanted to be apart of history being this close to the finish line. He could've easily sat out and Warriors could get finished off mercifully and KD's importance to the team would not be questioned anymore without getting crippled literally.


GOAT Medalist
BrokenFreakingNeck is offline  
post #2223 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:24 PM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,362
Points: 19,641
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffatron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post
The Toronto crowd was so disrespectful. Not only in the arena, but in bars, in Jurassic Park. Simultaneously cheering and celebrating as KD went down with an injury. Post-game, Warriors fans were getting jumped outside, blinded with punches and what-not. What a disgraceful game in regards to the fans. Good sportsmanship by the likes of Lowry and Ibaka, telling the crowd to pipe down.
Not shocking, that's a big portion of Toronto fans everywhere unfortunately. It's why I never go to Ottawa- Toronto NHL games in my own city, nothing but bullshit fights and drunk assholes.
Problem is the damn bandwagon hockey fans. Toronto Leafs fans are the absolute worst scum around in general. There are always exceptions of course, but it's why Sportsnet chat rooms and reddit forums suck for Toronto sports. Far too many bellend puckheads poking their noses into something hot that they don't understand. Happened with the Jays in 2015 and now with the Raptors.

Now that I got that off my chest, this series has been a true joy to watch, and il excited for Game 6. I feel pretty good about the game as a Toronto fan, given that GS needed a playoff high in 3pt% to beat us while we had one of our worst shooting nights in the playoffs, Kawhi had a bad game overall, and our defense didn't have the same intensity, yet we lost by 1 pt.

We'll see how Thurs shakes out, but I see us bringing the fight with something to prove, and taking the game in what has been a great series.

Please don't let the awful bangwagoner fans reaction to KD ruin this series for any of you. Also, it doesn't make it right, but remember GSW fans have done similar stuff in the past, when they cheered Kawhi & Kyrie/Love's injuries in past playoff series'. Every team has a subsection of shit fans, don't paint with a wide brush.



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock
THANOS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2224 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 AM
 
jeffatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Favourite(s): JeriGOAT, KO, Omega, Hangman, MJF, Austin, Brett
Posts: 382
Points: 1,218
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
Problem is the damn bandwagon hockey fans. Toronto Leafs fans are the absolute worst scum around in general. There are always exceptions of course, but it's why Sportsnet chat rooms and reddit forums suck for Toronto sports. Far too many bellend puckheads poking their noses into something hot that they don't understand. Happened with the Jays in 2015 and now with the Raptors.

Now that I got that off my chest, this series has been a true joy to watch, and il excited for Game 6. I feel pretty good about the game as a Toronto fan, given that GS needed a playoff high in 3pt% to beat us while we had one of our worst shooting nights in the playoffs, Kawhi had a bad game overall, and our defense didn't have the same intensity, yet we lost by 1 pt.

We'll see how Thurs shakes out, but I see us bringing the fight with something to prove, and taking the game in what has been a great series.

Please don't let the awful bangwagoner fans reaction to KD ruin this series for any of you. Also, it doesn't make it right, but remember GSW fans have done similar stuff in the past, when they cheered Kawhi & Kyrie/Love's injuries in past playoff series'. Every team has a subsection of shit fans, don't paint with a wide brush.
Spot on post. It's in every market, but man Leaf fans were the bane of my existence, even when their team was absolute dogshit. Life as a Sens fan is hard times lol.

But you are right about the game, was amazing. I don't really watch basketball, but it was entertaining as hell. I think the Raps put them away today, they seemed very off Monday, missing tons of shots, and from my POV wasted a ton of their defensive turnovers with no basket after they stole the ball.
jeffatron is offline  
post #2225 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
 
KING SANTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 25,549
Points: 47,024
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenFreakingNeck View Post
Pretty obvious to me the warriors hid his injury severity because they wanted to protect KD's free agent bid this summer out of courtesy. He wouldn't be attractive anymore with an injury to his achilles. It was first reported it was "minor" strain to the calf and he could return before the finals. Half way into the finals and still no KD confused the warriors themselves. Even coach Kerr had to correct himself. I mean hes set to have an MRI today and we still have no confirmation on his injury.

Bob myers should feel bad but it was still up to KD to give the go ahead. We haven't seen a 3-peat in 2 decades and he wanted to be apart of history being this close to the finish line. He could've easily sat out and Warriors could get finished off mercifully and KD's importance to the team would not be questioned anymore without getting crippled literally.
nah, it was a calf injury. no one is letting him return on an achilles injury.


also a calf injury would increase the risk of an achilles injury as it's increasing the stress on it due to the increased workload it's taking on from the calk being hurt.

KING SANTA is offline  
post #2226 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Nah, I’m your king now.
 
Killmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,964
Points: 1,295
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

Ruptured Achilles..

He'll never be the same again.
Killmonger is offline  
post #2227 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:17 PM
 
BrokenFreakingNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 251
Points: 627
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING SANTA View Post
nah, it was a calf injury. no one is letting him return on an achilles injury.


also a calf injury would increase the risk of an achilles injury as it's increasing the stress on it due to the increased workload it's taking on from the calk being hurt.
Maybe it was not the achilles but the way they reported it was up in the air. They played off his calf injury but KD weeks later says this was a "different" type of calf injury without going into detail.

All injuries can playoff others. Players can overcompensate one part over other body parts opening up new injuries ex. Derrick Rose both his knees, Demarcus Cousins quad and Achilles.


GOAT Medalist

Last edited by BrokenFreakingNeck; 06-12-2019 at 08:18 PM.
BrokenFreakingNeck is offline  
post #2228 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,651
Points: 22,231
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING SANTA View Post
nah, it was a calf injury. no one is letting him return on an achilles injury.
There's also no way Durant would be actively moving around as footage showed when he was by the Warriors locker rooms.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
post #2229 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:19 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,075
Points: 17,510
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

They all knew there were risks of Durant returning so early from his calf injury. Just nothing as severe as a ruptured achilles as the outcome. I have no doubt in my mind KD, against better judgement, rushed back to play in the finals to attempt to prove his haters that kept saying he was bad for the team wrong and win a threepeat. I also believe, the initial target of a game 5 return would have been pushed back to game 6 if they weren't 3-1 down at that point. Both the Warriors and Durant let their competitiveness cloud their better judgement.
FriedTofu is offline  
post #2230 of 2416 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Apples fall to the sky.
 
Slickback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Surrendering
Posts: 6,311
Points: 19,171
                     
Re: DUBS. RAPS. FINALS. Let's BOOGIE

Come on Dubs


Last edited by Slickback; 06-13-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Slickback is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome