NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza - Page 196 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 1044Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1951 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Steady as she goes
 
Ayoze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 4,609
Points: 274
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Dude the real money lottery are rigged too.

The NBA rigs games with the refs, you dont think they also rig the lottery?

Its always been rigged
It's not rigged though is it. I've always found that to be the absolute worst take in all of sports discussion. There is too much financially devastating consequence for the NBA to ever consider rigging it for their own minute gains. The entire gambling industry for example would be impacted. It's not reasonable to suggest that they dictated where a transcending talent ended up based on their own preferences.

Maybe i'm naive.
Ayoze is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1952 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:02 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 36,549
Points: 74,988
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayoze View Post
It's not rigged though is it. I've always found that to be the absolute worst take in all of sports discussion. There is too much financially devastating consequence for the NBA to ever consider rigging it for their own minute gains. The entire gambling industry for example would be impacted. It's not reasonable to suggest that they dictated where a transcending talent ended up based on their own preferences.

Maybe i'm naive.
You are just native lol When the NBA got caught for some refs rigging games how did that affect the NBA? Not much at all and that was refs rigging the games.

Here are some examples, you really think it just so happened to work out this way

The Knicks getting Ewing in the first lottery is where it all started. The NBA waned Ewing to go to NY and it also just so happens the Ewing enveloped that Stern picked had a dent in it.

Also look at all the times the NBA rigged the draft fro the Cavs. First getting them Lebron beause they were a huge failure and wanted to get LeBron to play for his home city and save the franchise. Furthermore after they lost him they go like what 3 out of the next 4 lotteries getting the fist pick.

Come on dude.

The same thing happens with Chicago and them just happening to get the first pick when it was time to draft their home town star Derek Rose

Then this year with the whole Zion thing and 3 of the 4 times with the worst chance of getting the top pick all just so happen to get into the top 4 picks lol


These are just a few off the top of my head, there are many more, if you google it, you can see. There is something that happens every year or couple of years where its obvious the NBA is rigging it.

Anohter one like how the Lakers just happened to drop into the right slot to get Ball, a couple of drafts ago.


Last edited by birthday_massacre; 05-15-2019 at 07:04 PM.
birthday_massacre is offline  
post #1953 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:09 PM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,525
Points: 21,789
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
You are just native lol When the NBA got caught for some refs rigging games how did that affect the NBA? Not much at all and that was refs rigging the games.

Here are some examples, you really think it just so happened to work out this way

The Knicks getting Ewing in the first lottery is where it all started. The NBA waned Ewing to go to NY and it also just so happens the Ewing enveloped that Stern picked had a dent in it.

Also look at all the times the NBA rigged the draft fro the Cavs. First getting them Lebron beause they were a huge failure and wanted to get LeBron to play for his home city and save the franchise. Furthermore after they lost him they go like what 3 out of the next 4 lotteries getting the fist pick.

Come on dude.

The same thing happens with Chicago and them just happening to get the first pick when it was time to draft their home town star Derek Rose

Then this year with the whole Zion thing and 3 of the 4 times with the worst chance of getting the top pick all just so happen to get into the top 4 picks lol


These are just a few off the top of my head, there are many more, if you google it, you can see. There is something that happens every year or couple of years where its obvious the NBA is rigging it.

Anohter one like how the Lakers just happened to drop into the right slot to get Ball, a couple of drafts ago.
So you have major coincidences and one instance that basically proves its not rigged (because if it was rigged in a way that favored the NBA, the Lakers would be getting the first pick and this wouldn't be up for debate), and no direct legitimate evidence in a day and age where something like that would have come out by now due to social media being the way it is, and that's the best you could give us?

No one here is naive. It's not rigged. It's amazing that we still have people in this day and age who think it is.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1954 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:14 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 36,549
Points: 74,988
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateDemise View Post
So you have major coincidences and one instance that basically proves its not rigged (because if it was rigged in a way that favored the NBA, the Lakers would be getting the first pick and this wouldn't be up for debate), and no direct legitimate evidence in a day and age where something like that would have come out by now due to social media being the way it is, and that's the best you could give us?

No one here is naive. It's not rigged. It's amazing that we still have people in this day and age who think it is.

right those are all major coincidences and those are just the tip of the ice burg.

And there was direct evidence in the Patrick Ewing rigging, I even gave it lol

and it has come out thus why everyone talks about how the NBA draft is rigged.

Sure all those things are major coincidences. Not not it happens as often as it does with the NBA.

Oh here is another

"NBA Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo sent out a tweet congratulating the Philadelphia 76ers on having the first pick in the draft in 2016. The only problem was he sent the message the afternoon of the lottery. The drawing was supposed to take place hours later when Mutombo posted the tweet."

Keep being naive.


Last edited by birthday_massacre; 05-15-2019 at 07:17 PM.
birthday_massacre is offline  
post #1955 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:21 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,021
Points: 17,348
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateDemise View Post
Green getting suspended and Bogut getting injured, as well as LeBron putting in historically great offensive performances, won Cleveland the championship.

People act as if Cleveland and Golden State were on even playing fields before KD joined into the fray. They weren't. Golden State blew out Cleveland on the road both times, were blown out in game 3 because Curry and Thompson played horrid that game and Kevin Love getting injured cost them their match up advantage, and then bounced back and immediately took game 4 convincingly. There was no legitimate rivalry in the making. A very specific set of circumstances allowed Cleveland to steal the championship away from Golden State. Before 2017, if both teams met fully healthy, Cleveland probably would have won in 2015 in a very close six game series and Golden State would have returned next season and decimated them in the finals.

KD being on the Warriors created some legitimate holes that allowed other teams opportunities to exploit them, and it hurt others in the process. Draymond Green has barely been a consistent offensive option and he's lost his consistency from three as a result. Klay Thompson struggled all season to be consistent from three. Even Steph isn't as consistent anymore compared to what he was in 2016. This is simply what happens when you have all of this talent and only one ball to throw around.

There's a reason Golden State won 73 games in 2016 and it wasn't for lack of competition. Their system wasn't just something that was fun to watch, it was nearly unbeatable. Even if Steph wasn't hitting his shots one night, their bench was so deep that it allowed Golden State to exploit teams in other areas that allowed them to still pull out in the end. And with so much versatility defense, and legitimate paint protectors to cover the rim, defeating this team was an extremely tall task.

Either way, it was never going to last. Bogut was going to regress one way or another, Iggy was going to regress, their veteran role players were going to regress. And sooner or later, their cap space were going to rise. But no team Golden State has, including the ones involving Durant, are never going to come close to being as great as the 2016 team. That was their peak.

So in a way, Tater is right. This version of the Warriors is when they are at their best, because they're essentially unbeatable. But without Durant, the dynasty probably wouldn't have lasted beyond that year. Injuries and key role players regressing was going to hurt Golden State one way or another. And with what they have right now, this level of play isn't going to last.
If Barnes shot closer to league average instead of being completely cold, none of those factors mattered.

Golden State would have been favorites with or without KD. But having KD made trapping Curry a slow death instead of a chance at winning. Instead of Green passing to an open 3 point shooter other than Klay, teams have to give up Green passing out to an open KD or an even more open role player that doesn't even need to be open at the 3 point line.

You can't be serious blaming Green's poor shooting at 3s on KD. The lack of a hard screen setter like Bogut is more to blame than KD playing with Green. Green is still handling the ball tons with KD around, he just shot lights out during the 73 win season and has been shooting his average since. One dirty secret is the Warriors have are below average 3 point shooters other than the splash bros and Quinn Cook. Yes, even KD has been shooting poorly at the 3 point line this season.

There are multiple reasons why that team won 73 games. They had a much deeper bench, which they can't replicate even without KD now because Curry isn't woefully underpaid anymore. The league in general hasn't caught up with the style of play of switch everything defence + valuing off the dribble 3 point shot. The league in general has caught up, hence the Warriors advantages in that area has been reduced but they are still winning due to talent. KD is that talent that gives them an advantage over others even though they caught up with their style of play in a copycat league.
FriedTofu is offline  
post #1956 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,525
Points: 21,789
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
right those are all major coincidences and those are just the tip of the ice burg.

And there was direct evidence in the Patrick Ewing rigging, I even gave it lol
That's not direct evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
and it has come out thus why everyone talks about how the NBA draft is rigged.
Right, just like everyone talks about how football is rigged, or about how baseball is rigged, or how the Presidential election is rigged.

It's not rigged. If you want to keep saying it's rigged, give direct evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Sure all those things are major coincidences. Not not it happens as often as it does with the NBA.
Okay so tell me, why would the NBA purposely keep giving first overall picks to a franchise that (almost) amounted to nothing in the end? Why would they spend the last five years continuously fucking over their biggest money making franchise and then have them settle with Lonzo Ball? Surely if it was rigged, things like the first overall picks going to their home state would happen a LOT more often than just LeBron and Rose, right?

Again, you're gonna have to do better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Oh here is another

"NBA Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo sent out a tweet congratulating the Philadelphia 76ers on having the first pick in the draft in 2016. The only problem was he sent the message the afternoon of the lottery. The drawing was supposed to take place hours later when Mutombo posted the tweet."

Keep being naive.


This is just as bad as your anti-Trump posts.

It was already proven that this only happened because Mutombo was asked to tweet this if they got it, and when he copy and pasted, he accidentally tweeted it. There's proof of him being asked to do this and everything. Even people who actually think the NBA is rigged don't use this as proof anymore. Do you ever bother doing ANY research before you post things? Do you realize how much better your arguments would be if you did even a LITTLE reading with what you use for sources? This is why people don't take you seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedTofu View Post
If Barnes shot closer to league average instead of being completely cold, none of those factors mattered.
And if JR Smith shot closer to league average instead of being completely worthless for most games, none of those factors mattered. See why that argument doesn't work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedTofu View Post
Golden State would have been favorites with or without KD. But having KD made trapping Curry a slow death instead of a chance at winning. Instead of Green passing to an open 3 point shooter other than Klay, teams have to give up Green passing out to an open KD or an even more open role player that doesn't even need to be open at the 3 point line.
Okay? Having KD made Curry human instead of the most unstoppable shooter in the history of the game. Having KD made the Warriors a lot more predictable and easier to guard. Having KD made the Warriors a more dysfunctional team with legitimate identity issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedTofu View Post
You can't be serious blaming Green's poor shooting at 3s on KD. The lack of a hard screen setter like Bogut is more to blame than KD playing with Green.
When did Bogut EVER set screens for Green to shoot threes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedTofu View Post
Green is still handling the ball tons with KD around, he just shot lights out during the 73 win season and has been shooting his average since. One dirty secret is the Warriors have are below average 3 point shooters other than the splash bros and Quinn Cook. Yes, even KD has been shooting poorly at the 3 point line this season.
Read what you are saying and then remember what you are trying to argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedTofu View Post
There are multiple reasons why that team won 73 games. They had a much deeper bench, which they can't replicate even without KD now because Curry isn't woefully underpaid anymore. The league in general hasn't caught up with the style of play of switch everything defence + valuing off the dribble 3 point shot. The league in general has caught up, hence the Warriors advantages in that area has been reduced but they are still winning due to talent. KD is that talent that gives them an advantage over others even though they caught up with their style of play in a copycat league.
Most of this I've already said. In regards to what I didn't say here, there's a reason for that. You say most of the league has caught up, yet the Warriors have won all but one of their last 26 games when Durant sat. The system continues to be almost nearly unbeatable despite there not being a lot of practice nowadays to play that style. Durant coming into town didn't make them better. It just made sure that it kept going.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change

Last edited by AlternateDemise; 05-15-2019 at 08:29 PM.
AlternateDemise is offline  
post #1957 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:53 PM
The EST of NXT
 
BOSS of Bel-Air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Fresh Bank of Bel-Air
Favourite(s): Roman Reigns,Sasha Banks, Bianca Blair, Ember Moon
Posts: 27,489
Points: 50,760
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Interesting stat here:


Also, in these playoffs, Steph goes from 20.8 to 35.2 points, 44% shooting to 47% shooting from the field, and 37% to 43% from 3.
Ace and SUPA HOT FIRE. like this.



Last edited by BOSS of Bel-Air; 05-15-2019 at 08:55 PM.
BOSS of Bel-Air is offline  
post #1958 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:32 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,409
Points: 19,505
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Raptors with a horrible fourth. That game was there for the taking. Lowry with a good game is promising for the Raptors in this series.
RKing85 is offline  
post #1959 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:35 AM
Ace
Attending Okada Cruise 2019
 
Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 26,568
Points: 83,491
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

I love Steph Curry, GSW and especially Steph are so much better to watch when KD ain't around.

He's a safety net, GSW win titles with or without him. Guy needs to lead his own team if he wants a real legacy.

Missed out on 3 years of MVP Steph just so KD could get some cheap rings
BOSS of Bel-Air likes this.


I am inevitable

Last edited by Ace; 05-16-2019 at 01:44 AM.
Ace is offline  
post #1960 of 2041 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:12 AM
The EST of NXT
 
BOSS of Bel-Air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Fresh Bank of Bel-Air
Favourite(s): Roman Reigns,Sasha Banks, Bianca Blair, Ember Moon
Posts: 27,489
Points: 50,760
                     
Re: NBA Draft Lottery, Final Four-Palooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
I love Steph Curry, GSW and especially Steph are so much better to watch when KD ain't around.

He's a safety net, GSW win titles with or without him. Guy needs to lead his own team if he wants a real legacy.

Missed out on 3 years of MVP Steph just so KD could get some cheap rings
I agree and have this argument at work all the time. KD could win 4-5 rings with the Warriors and not get the same respect as people with 2, because he joined a superstar team and put them over the top. If he got even 1 ring with the Knicks, even if he goes with Kyrie, that title will be 10x more respected than 3 with the Warriors. The mark of a Superstar is taking a trash team and making them a Contender with you. No one is impressed by him joining a 73 win team and forming the Power Rangers Megazord after they sacrificed their top tier bench for a top 5 player.
Ace likes this.


BOSS of Bel-Air is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome